There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Combine thread

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Wow. Top of draft grows even murkier. RT @mortreport: Utah DT Star Lotulelei will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition
Originally posted by buck:
The big uglies on defense have started lifting.

So far, my boy Brandon Williams is tied with Margus Hunt for the lead with 38 reps.

Jessie Williams had 30. Datone Jones had 29.

Wow, Hunt had 38 reps? With those long arms, that is pretty impressive. I still don't want him before the 4th round though.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Wow. Top of draft grows even murkier. RT @mortreport: Utah DT Star Lotulelei will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition

Damm. I hope that the condition can be fixed with medication and does not impact his health or football career.

Good luck big fellow.

So far, my boy Brandon Williams is tied with Margus Hunt for the lead with 38 reps.

Jesse Williams was supposedly gunning for the bench press record. Brandon Williams certainly impressed......do want very much.

Akeem Spence of Illinois had 37, Jonathan Jenkins had 30.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Damontre Moore had only 12 reps.

That has got to hurt his stock.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Zack Ertz is beasting the combine.

I hope we can snag him
Originally posted by Garcia:

I hope we can snag him

?? I thought he did so-so, didn't move up or down but he's now solidly in place as the #2 TE in this draft behind Eifert.

A guy that really didn't help himself was Toilolo, looked slow and stiff as can be,
Originally posted by teeohh:

Wow...any chance he drops to #31?

Jesse Sapolu played his entire career with a heart condition. He could have literally dropped dead at any moment.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
His teammate Dennis Johnson, a Phoenix49er man crush, played better than Davis this year and didn't even get a Combine invite. Johnson also returns kicks. Either one would fit very well in the Niners backfield IMO. Gore won't be around forever and the Niners could use a bigger back to go along with Hunter and LMJ in the future.

Another guy who fits this profile is Christine Michael from Texas A&M.

Recognize b#$hes!

I would take either one happily but I really like Dennis Johnson a lot, I think he'll surprise with his measurables and he's going to be ever more under the radar now after having been snubbed by the Combine. Following these results, I think Davis is a 4th rounder right about now and Johnson will be around in the late 5th to late 6th round.

I got your back, Phoenix.
Originally posted by Garcia:

I hope we can snag him

?? I thought he did so-so, didn't move up or down but he's now solidly in place as the #2 TE in this draft behind Eifert.

A guy that really didn't help himself was Toilolo, looked slow and stiff as can be,

Think Ertz combine can best summed up as didn't help himself nor hurt himself

I actually thought Toilolo looked fine, he is not a burner and never was. He uses his long strides and burst out of the line (10 yd split) to get open and that's what shows on his film. But at the end of the day he is a red zone target and move the chain type of TE. Don't discount the need for sure hands like his film shows with Kapernick as our QB
The buzz I'm hearing around here from the morning WR's are Austin from WVU (no surprise), Wheaton from OSU, Woods from USC and my draft crush Vernon from Duke
Originally posted by bulldog54:
The buzz I'm hearing around here from the morning WR's are Austin from WVU (no surprise), Wheaton from OSU, Woods from USC and my draft crush Vernon from Duke

The Quinton Patton "fly lower under the radar" plan is working beautifully.

The Quinton Patton "fly lower under the radar" plan is working beautifully.

I wish that were true but after his Senior Bowl everyone knows about him. Thankfully their is a good group of receivers this year.

Makes you wonder why Hunt's film is such garbage too much of the time. Athletic freak who should get great measurables
I wish that were true but after his Senior Bowl everyone knows about him. Thankfully their is a good group of receivers this year.

I do see about 4 or 5 WR's going before he's selected.....I have

1. Patterson
2. Allen
3. Austin
4. Hopkins
5. Williams

With the possibility of Hunter as well.

There's a chance.