There are 202 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Tyler Eifert, Chris Gragg, and Vance McDonald were all impressive to me athletically. Dion Sims is also very athletic for his size

Dion Sims did very well for himself with his size, great leaper too. Chris Gragg of Arkansas is the athletic freak of this draft at TE. Both of those guys made money today.

Sims has been my guy for awhile. really like the kid.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Joe Staley ‏@jstaley74

It's funny how analysts tell people that u have to be a certain weight to play a position in nfl. I haven't been over 300 lbs in two years

LOL!!! love the Staley speaks his mind haha!!!!
All of this is my opinion and based upon what I have watched and documented on film

Those who did well or something unexpected:

1. Dion Sims MSU - comes from a pro offense and is a tough specimen on tape, but showed more athleticism than expected today
2. Eifert ND - feel like he separated himself from Ertx and Escobar based on his measurables since they're so similar on tape
3. McDonald Rice - simply put he did what he needed to do and if he didn't than you'd be concerned, think he is better athlete than Casey who is with Houston
4. Toilolo Stanford - good lord he is a big guy and his strides are long and was smooth in drills, his bench was not good but that's not that important since it can be improved quickly. Great red zone prospect.

Those who did not do well or disappointed:

1. Fauria UCLA - I'm a fan of his and he was underutilized by UCLA, but he needed to show his catching ability due to his lack blocking ability. I thought he was similar to Toilolo before combine but you can't say they're even now since he didn't take part in the drills, His pro day will be huge. Does have the family pedigree though
2. Escobar SDSU - this is nitpicking but I was shocked on his 40 considering his 10 and shuttle were on par with Eifert. He plays faster on film and might have the best hands for TEs.
3. Reed Florida - I'm not demeaning his numbers but he is one of those great athletes who use to be a WR and he didn't impress me as much as I thought he would. With that said, I think he could be exactly like D. Walker but is more polished since he was forced to block to even get on the field. I'm sure he'll have a good pro day/

All in all this group of TE's, just like OL are very athletic and shows how much the league has involved. It was fun to watch them compete today.

On a personal note, I'm so happy for M Lattimore. Might have said it before but seems like a great kid who has fought like hell and has done things the right way. Wish him nothing but the best and will rout for him wherever he lands.

I have a draft crush on Eifert. The possibilities of having a target that big in the RZ would be immense. I have no doubt he would make and immediate impact. I also like Chrs Gragg. He beat everyone in the 40,broad, and vert. Pretty sick athlete. He's probably my late round TE choice.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
I have a draft crush on Eifert. The possibilities of having a target that big in the RZ would be immense. I have no doubt he would make and immediate impact. I also like Chrs Gragg. He beat everyone in the 40,broad, and vert. Pretty sick athlete. He's probably my late round TE choice.

So, Eifert ahead of Ertz, huh?
Originally posted by bulldog54:
All of this is my opinion and based upon what I have watched and documented on film

1. Dion Sims MSU - comes from a pro offense and is a tough specimen on tape, but showed more athleticism than expected today
2. Eifert ND - feel like he separated himself from Ertx and Escobar based on his measurables since they're so similar on tape
3. McDonald Rice - simply put he did what he needed to do and if he didn't than you'd be concerned, think he is better athlete than Casey who is with Houston
4. Toilolo Stanford - good lord he is a big guy and his strides are long and was smooth in drills, his bench was not good but that's not that important since it can be improved quickly. Great red zone prospect.

1. Fauria UCLA - I'm a fan of his and he was underutilized by UCLA, but he needed to show his catching ability due to his lack blocking ability. I thought he was similar to Toilolo before combine but you can't say they're even now since he didn't take part in the drills, His pro day will be huge. Does have the family pedigree though
2. Escobar SDSU - this is nitpicking but I was shocked on his 40 considering his 10 and shuttle were on par with Eifert. He plays faster on film and might have the best hands for TEs.
3. Reed Florida - I'm not demeaning his numbers but he is one of those great athletes who use to be a WR and he didn't impress me as much as I thought he would. With that said, I think he could be exactly like D. Walker but is more polished since he was forced to block to even get on the field. I'm sure he'll have a good pro day/

All in all this group of TE's, just like OL are very athletic and shows how much the league has involved. It was fun to watch them compete today.

On a personal note, I'm so happy for M Lattimore. Might have said it before but seems like a great kid who has fought like hell and has done things the right way. Wish him nothing but the best and will rout for him wherever he lands.

How did people react to Gragg? He really put up some nice numbers, more than I was expecting from him.

How did people react to Gragg? He really put up some nice numbers, more than I was expecting from him.

Like they expected it, one of those great athletes who should look good in shorts forcing teams who might be interested to go back and take another look
Like they expected it, one of those great athletes who should look good in shorts forcing teams who might be interested to go back and take another look

I think there will be a lot of folks going back and looking at tape of guys like Gragg and Armstead.
I think there will be a lot of folks going back and looking at tape of guys like Gragg and Armstead.

Yup, thank goodness for caffine

Yup, thank goodness for caffine

You need to get on that N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine time bro......makes you feel good and be super focused.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Wasn't this dude a first rounder before this

@nfldraftscout
Was told tonight that at least 10 teams have removed Jarvis Jones from their draft board due to spinal issue.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Wasn't this dude a first rounder before this

@nfldraftscout
Was told tonight that at least 10 teams have removed Jarvis Jones from their draft board due to spinal issue.

An early 1st rounder at that.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Who are you guys following on twitter for draft news

I got Josh Norris, Daniel Jeremiah, and Matt Miller
Don't know why I continue to read anything by Pete Prisco. Must be to see how annoyed I'll be. He writes a nice piece on Ziggy Ansah comparing him as a draft prospect to how Jason Pierre-Paul was. Freakish athlete with huge upside, but alot of risk due to his raw skill. He finally says Ansah is well worth the risk as in top ten of 1st round.
Then he proves his head is you-know-where by posting a 1st round mock with no Ziggy. Sorry Prisco, all 32 teams aren't that stupid. Notwithstanding his rawness this guy would be a top 5 pick with a football background. PP truly sucks ass.
Share 49ersWebzone