There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Combine thread

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Who's going to be the fastest tight end today? And what do you think the time will be?

The McDonald show. I think he will bust 4.55
Travis Frederick ran a 5.50 and 5.60. horrific
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,486
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Terron Armstead- 6'5", 306, 34" arms, 31 reps, which is outstanding, and 4.65 = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

On nfl.com they said that was the fastest 40 ever run by an offensive lineman.

Draft him and move him to TE.

oh, well maybe not.
He sounds like a slightly faster Bruce Campbell. Very athletic, but raw as a football player.
Originally posted by bulldog54:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by bulldog54:
Hey everyone, I'll be at the combine in the coming days for work so if they're some people you want me to be on the look out for let me know
FS, Bacarri Rambo
SS, Ray Ray Armstrong


My colleagues have the last day of workouts. I will be onsite for Day 1 (OL, TE) and Day 3 (LB, DL), but I will ask for their thoughts about those two
Much thanx
Vance McDonald TE of Rice a guy to really watch. 6'4", 267, big hands 10 1/8", arm length 34 3/8", and 31 reps with the long arms. Will run quick and should look great in drills. Making, as expected, a lot of $$$$$$$$$.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Vance McDonald TE of Rice a guy to really watch. 6'4", 267, big hands 10 1/8", arm length 34 3/8", and 31 reps with the long arms. Will run quick and should look great in drills. Making, as expected, a lot of $$$$$$$$$.

Yea 31 reps is noooice.
Second group of fat guys running now.

Joeckel- 5.22
Lane Johnson- 4.75

Johnson looking a lot like Trent Williams a few years ago.

Warmack runs.....false start....a 5.55. Glacier

Watson runs a 5.25
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Travis Frederick ran a 5.50 and 5.60. horrific

.......and Brian Schwenke from Cal ran a 5.0 flat. Kid continues to impress in the postseason.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Second group of fat guys running now.

Joeckel- 5.22
Lane Johnson- 4.75
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
.......and Brian Schwenke from Cal fan a 5.0 flat. Kid continues to impress in the postseason.

Agreed. Great time
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Second group of fat guys running now.

Joeckel- 5.22
Lane Johnson- 4.75

Johnson looking a lot like Trent Williams a few years ago.

Warmack runs.....false start....a 5.55. Glacier

Watson runs a 5.25

Good thing Warmack looks good on tape. He certainly doesn't look good in the underwear Olympics.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,486
I was disappointed that Travis Kelce is not working out, and now I read this.

One unnamed NFL evaluator told Pro Football Weekly that Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce is "a trainwreck character-wise."


The same evaluator stated that Kelce's baggage will push him down to the third-round, at least. Kelce was suspended for the entire 2010 season after breaking unspecified team rules the day before the Sugar Bowl. Adding on to the off field issues, Kelce has not been able to participate int he pre-draft process due to an abdominal injury.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23547/scout-te-kelce-a-trainwreck-character-wise
Originally posted by buck:
I was disappointed that Travis Kelce is not working out, and now I read this.

One unnamed NFL evaluator told Pro Football Weekly that Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce is "a trainwreck character-wise."


The same evaluator stated that Kelce's baggage will push him down to the third-round, at least. Kelce was suspended for the entire 2010 season after breaking unspecified team rules the day before the Sugar Bowl. Adding on to the off field issues, Kelce has not been able to participate int he pre-draft process due to an abdominal injury.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23547/scout-te-kelce-a-trainwreck-character-wise

Definitely sounds like Gronkowski more and more...........
Would be nice to see a breakdown of how each player does in the NFL compared with each area of the combine. Doubt the 40 time is that important for linemen...would more look toward explosion off the LOS.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Would be nice to see a breakdown of how each player does in the NFL compared with each area of the combine. Doubt the 40 time is that important for linemen...would more look toward explosion off the LOS.

Dtg, they break it down into 10 yd, 20 yd, and 40 yd splits. If you were watching the Combine, you would see most of the coaches seated with their stopwatches at the 10 yd mark. That first split is the most important time for lineman.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home