Well like I posted in another thread my picks:

Justin Gilbert
Darqueze Dennard
Ricardo Allen
Kyle Fuller
EJ Gaines
Aaron Colvin
Travis Carrie

I like this kid too. Size wise (5'8-5'9) he may best fits the role of an NFL slot CB but he seems to have good hands and quickness and aggressive as a tackler as well.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
I like this kid too. Size wise (5'8-5'9) he may best fits the role of an NFL slot CB but he seems to have good hands and quickness and aggressive as a tackler as well.

Yep, huge fan of Allen, love his attitude, his competitiveness, he'd be a great addition to this roster. He's 5'8" but plays like he's 6'2", doesn't back down from anyone.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
I didnt say that I said he didnt make the big play in the big game and is NOT a big player is all I think he a bit over rated I like the Oregon kid better Ifo

I don't think anyone has Gilbert rated over Olumu, the problem is that right now it looks like Olumu will be the 1st cornerback off the board while Gilbert is within the realistic range for the 49ers at this point. I see Gilbert as a solid starting NFL CB, a guy who will rack up a higher than average number of INT's and will be particularly good in man coverage. My biggest preference is Dennard, but to somehow try to put down Gilbert because he dropped one INT is purely asinine. He's a terrific prospect and a big playmaker.
Dennard is a stud. Definitely need to find a way to get him. Physical corner with great instincts.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Dennard is a stud. Definitely need to find a way to get him. Physical corner with great instincts.

He had a great game last night. Haven't watched or read much of him, but looks like a good prospect.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:

He had a great game last night. Haven't watched or read much of him, but looks like a good prospect.

hes having an all american year..id love to trade up for him but his stock keeps rising i believe he will be a top 20 pick
Put me on the Dennard bandwagon.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Career of NDSU's Williams

Williams returned an interception 61 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter that essentially was the last straw for Furman University

His big play gave Williams the FCS record for most interception returns for a touchdown with seven. Records are meant to be broken of course, but that one may stand for a while.

Williams' 21st career interception

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/420492/
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I didnt say that I said he didnt make the big play in the big game and is NOT a big player is all I think he a bit over rated I like the Oregon kid better Ifo

I don't think anyone has Gilbert rated over Olumu, the problem is that right now it looks like Olumu will be the 1st cornerback off the board while Gilbert is within the realistic range for the 49ers at this point. I see Gilbert as a solid starting NFL CB, a guy who will rack up a higher than average number of INT's and will be particularly good in man coverage. My biggest preference is Dennard, but to somehow try to put down Gilbert because he dropped one INT is purely asinine. He's a terrific prospect and a big playmaker.

Did Ekpre-Olomu even declare? I'm not too sold on Ekpre-Olomu as a good fit for the 9ers anyway, the few times I've watched him, he just isn't a solid tackler and that really doesn't bode well with the 9ers defense, but he is awesome in coverage.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Did Ekpre-Olomu even declare? I'm not too sold on Ekpre-Olomu as a good fit for the 9ers anyway, the few times I've watched him, he just isn't a solid tackler and that really doesn't bode well with the 9ers defense, but he is awesome in coverage.
I bet he is a better tackler than Carlos.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Depends who we keep, CB may not be a high priority

We get Culliver back
Brock looks good as a #3 or #4
Wright looks good also, need to resign
Morris was protected on the 53 for a reason

Love Rogers, but we save a ton if he gets released
Let Brown walk

I like A.Colvin, Oklahoma in the 3rd
I'd be happy with any of those 2nd to 4th round SEC guys too
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I bet he is a better tackler than Carlos.

No way, Carlos did have a bad game tackling yesterday, but hes a far better tackler than that.