LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 381 users in the forums

9erreds mock draft

Assumptions:

Not retained for 2013- Alex Smith, Parys Haralson, Dashon Goldson, RJF, Randy Moss, Delanie Walker, Leonard Davis

FA signed b4 draft- Isaac Sopoaga to cap friendly 3 year deal to be close to his American Samoa, Ramses Barden, UFA WR from Giants and went to Cal Poly, Dennis Dixon QB, formerly of Oregon, and Pittsburg Steelers

The niners receive a 4th and two seventh round compensatory selections. No trades assumed and no compensation for AS

1. Sheldon Richardson Missouri 3-4 DE- future starter at the 5 technique with a relentess motor.

2. Eric Reid FS LSU- not as good at run support, but his ball hawking skills make up for it, with strong LB's in front he will do ok.

3.a- Justin Fauria TE UCLA- A true numbeer 2 TE that catches the ball

3. Stephan Taylor RBStanford- Dixons replacement and Gores replacement once he retires in a few years.

4a Ryan Swope slot WR

4 Ryan Geathers NT

5.a Kicker from Florida State-Probably too high for a kicker, but the Niners need a kicker and he is the top kicker in the draft.

5. Mules Burris OLB/DE SDSU- Special teams ace

6a Bryan Kinder OT Kent State

6b Matt Scott- QB- AZ- competition for Dixon and Tolzien

7 Schwartzstein Center- Stanford

BPA db's, for the rest, maybe someone who has fallen due to health concern that has a high ceiling.
Sheldon Rich won't make it to us so that pick is unrealistic. I don't think Eric Reid will either. I like both of those picks as far as how they fit into the team tho. I wouldn't mind trading up for Shel either.
Miles Burris got drafted last year
Nice draft if it works out that way. Covered a lot of territory. Still some draft picks left uncovered and unexplained. Also no kick returner punt returner unless James will cover that for us.
5. Mules Burris OLB/DE SDSU- Special teams ace

5.a Kicker from Florida State

4 Ryan Geathers NT

5. Mules Burris OLB/DE SDSU

Isaac Sopoaga to cap friendly 3 year deal to be close to his American Samoa

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Nice draft if it works out that way. Covered a lot of territory. Still some draft picks left uncovered and unexplained. Also no kick returner punt returner unless James will cover that for us.

LOL.....I don't know what's worse, the original post or this one. :P

BRB....drafting A. Kicker from Florida State and Miles Burris from the Raiders.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

LOL.....I don't know what's worse, the original post or this one. :P

BRB....drafting A. Kicker from Florida State and Miles Burris from the Chargers.

OK, I am an idiot, I tried to put together a mock from work in a short period of time and the work was SLOPPY. That being said if the top 4 pick work out how I hope, then I think we all would be happy. I also think Burris is on the Raiders and he went to college in san diego. Ha Ha.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

5.a Kicker from Florida State

4 Ryan Geathers NT

5. Mules Burris OLB/DE SDSU

Isaac Sopoaga to cap friendly 3 year deal to be close to his American Samoa

And yes, Isaac Sopoaga signed before FA during his last negotation because San Francisco has the closest flight options to his American Samoa. Thus I think nothing has changed, he will stay with the niners for a 3 year deal in the 2 million dollar range a year,.
Sheldon Richardson? Forget about it.

Wow! The nameless Kicker from Florida State, a guy who is on the Raiders roster already, and 2-3 nameless DB's in the seventh round. Very strong mock (sarcasm intended)!
overall tho i like the way you are thinking and if this draft played out this way i would be quite satisfied. a lot of mistakes, seems like you were a lil tipsy when writing this, which is ok cuz i usually post topics when im buzzed haha.
did you match this up with our roster holes?
Originally posted by 9erred:
OK, I am an idiot, I tried to put together a mock from work in a short period of time and the work was SLOPPY. That being said if the top 4 pick work out how I hope, then I think we all would be happy. I also think Burris is on the Raiders and he went to college in san diego. Ha Ha.

Are you planning on the 49ers trading up about 15-20 spots in the 1st round? Because that is the only way that Richardson is gonna happen.
Huh
Share 49ersWebzone