There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cordarrelle Patterson

If any of the bottom feeders decide they want AS there may be a chance to still get Patterson.

Depending on which team it is 49ers could swap 1st round picks and also offer up some of our 14 picks in the deal as well.

You never know...teams can't show their cards...Norv & Alex get along...

To the Browns Alex Smith the 31st overall and a 2nd round pick

To the 49ers 6th overall Cordarrelle Patterson
Originally posted by buck:
If he continues to rise, the number of other teams interested in trading up for him will increase, and the cost of trading up will go through the roof.

I do not want the team to sell its future on a free agent wide receiver. Getting either Wallace or Bowe would require us to do that.

What's your plan then for the WR group?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Originally posted by buck:
If he continues to rise, the number of other teams interested in trading up for him will increase, and the cost of trading up will go through the roof.

I do not want the team to sell its future on a free agent wide receiver. Getting either Wallace or Bowe would require us to do that.

What's your plan then for the WR group?

I am not sure that I have anything you could call a plan. I do think improving our pass game is critical.

I think we need to draft two wide receivers., and one tight end.

At this point, I think trading down and getting a extra second round pick, a high second round pick, would be great.

I think taking Tavon Austin with that pick would be smart.

Also, I am leaning towards Cobii Hamilton in the third, but still not sure about that.

With our other 2nd round pick, if we made the trade, I would take a nose tackle--Brandon Williams.

With our second third, I would take a CB, most likely Darius Slay.

I do not see us being able to get a stand out DE in the first which is why I would be willing to trade down.

Not much of a plan, but that's all I got.

If we can trade Alex Smith, it will help. Also, have to see who, if anyone, we get in FA.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM ]
If any of the bottom feeders decide they want AS there may be a chance to still get Patterson.

Depending on which team it is 49ers could swap 1st round picks and also offer up some of our 14 picks in the deal as well.

It would cost WAY more than the 31st pick, a 2nd, and Alex Smith to move up to the 6th pick. And.. if we did get that high I would hardly use it on Patterson.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It would cost WAY more than the 31st pick, a 2nd, and Alex Smith to move up to the 6th pick. And.. if we did get that high I would hardly use it on Patterson.

Yeah it would cost alot to get that high but if he somehow slips down to 13, Our first two picks (31 & 34) is enough to get to 13. I doubt he slips that far down though considering he is the best WR in the draft.
Most likely, just my opinion, we'll have to get in the top 10 for this guy. No way he gets by San Diego they could use a top flight receiver. Another team that could target him is St. Louis, they have the ammo to get it done too
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
Most likely, just my opinion, we'll have to get in the top 10 for this guy. No way he gets by San Diego they could use a top flight receiver. Another team that could target him is St. Louis, they have the ammo to get it done too

I don't think he gets past Miami in the 1st round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think he gets past Miami in the 1st round.

Yeah I could see that too, I figure they'll end up signing somebody though. Wallace, Jennings they'll overpay a guy on the open market. But they may very well ahve to find a new left tackle with Long as a free agent.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Boom bust pick

Yes. Dont trade up on such a risky guy
I'm tired of seeing guys like Patterson go to the Atlanta's, New Orleans, and Green Bays of league and burning us down the road. I want a guy like this on our team for a change. Someone on our offense that defenses fear outside of Gore and Davis. Yes Crabtree is great but we all know we need a down field threat with size. Sick of always getting beat with lob / jump balls and not having a player capable of returning the favor. Atlanta, and Baltimore both beat us up with jump balls and as of right now we dont have a single long ball threat on this team outside of Davis and he gets smothered at all times. Franchise Goldson and draft this kid somehow. He's not going inside the top ten so a move to get him wont cost that much.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for smithc28.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I'm tired of seeing guys like Patterson go to the Atlanta's, New Orleans, and Green Bays of league and burning us down the road. I want a guy like this on our team for a change. Someone on our offense that defenses fear outside of Gore and Davis. Yes Crabtree is great but we all know we need a down field threat with size. Sick of always getting beat with lob / jump balls and not having a player capable of returning the favor. Atlanta, and Baltimore both beat us up with jump balls and as of right now we dont have a single long ball threat on this team outside of Davis and he gets smothered at all times. Franchise Goldson and draft this kid somehow. He's not going inside the top ten so a move to get him wont cost that much.

None of them were in the past SB though.
Originally posted by smithc28:
None of them were in the past SB though.

This. And who did GB and NO get Patterson types? Colston 7th round, Greg Jennings 2nd, am I forgetting someone? Meacham was Saints 1st round WR but never did much.
Patterson could well have emerged from the combine as the top receiver on most draft boards...he'll be in high demand, that's for sure. Unless Harbaugh's adamant about getting him, I don't see Baalke trading up to make it happen. So, it's likely they'll need to set their sights on other receivers and it's a good draft for them. Rogers could be a good alternative...because he has the size and speed to be a good counterpart to Crabtree. This should be one of the most interesting drafts in Niner history...Baalke's pretty shrewd and he has a ton of options with 15 picks.
I honestly don't see much of a difference between Cordarrelle Patterson and Da'Rick Rogers. I'll take Rogers in the 3rd.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I honestly don't see much of a difference between Cordarrelle Patterson and Da'Rick Rogers. I'll take Rogers in the 3rd.

Long speed and lateral quickness would be the main difference in their game IMHO.

Originally posted by NinerG94:

I feel you brother I was a bit disappointed at the combine Patterson checked in under 6'2". I wasn't expecting the 6'4" 6'3" that was being reported but still not that beast of WR that has 4" inches on other teams DB. Im still looking for that kind of a guy...with all that said I still want him!!!!!
[ Edited by bALLSOhARD on Mar 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM ]