There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cordarrelle Patterson

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Like the yougn man, but we would be foolish to trade up for a WR.

Won't be foolish at all and if we don't move up to draft an elite WR and we can't sign one because of our cap good luck that a mid round WR gonna become elite in the NFL that is even more of a foolish gamble. Not saying it can't happen because it does sometimes but the odds are not the best. Meh just trade up grab the #1 WR prospect we don't have the cap room or roster space to draft and sign 14 picks anyway this year we need to be trading up for quality.

Followed Mayock for years proven to be one of the best at evaluating draft talent his 2013 draft rankings just released today and not surprised he's got Cordarrelle Patterson ranked #1...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/16/3995012/mike-mayock-nfl-draft-2013-rankings-offense

Wide Receivers:
1. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
2. Keenan Allen, California
3. Terrance Williams, Baylor
4. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
5. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Won't be foolish at all and if we don't move up to draft an elite WR and we can't sign one because of our cap good luck that a mid round WR gonna become elite in the NFL that is even more of a foolish gamble. Not saying it can't happen because it does sometimes but the odds are not the best. Meh just trade up grab the #1 WR prospect we don't have the cap room or roster space to draft and sign 14 picks anyway this year we need to be trading up for quality.

Followed Mayock for years proven to be one of the best at evaluating draft talent his 2013 draft rankings just released today and not surprised he's got Cordarrelle Patterson ranked #1...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/16/3995012/mike-mayock-nfl-draft-2013-rankings-offense

Wide Receivers:
1. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
2. Keenan Allen, California
3. Terrance Williams, Baylor
4. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
5. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

You should be a Falcons fan. DL needs some depth as well as many other positions. Good middle round selections make championships in a salary capped NFL.
There's no DL; or CB in the draft that can help our team as fast and as well as Patterson can.. That's the point... we're better off signing veteran DLs (like Justin Smith) cause they'll blend well and better w/ our D.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Like the yougn man, but we would be foolish to trade up for a WR.

I thought the same thing when Atlanta traded up for J. Jones.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'd take Da'Rick Rodgers in the middle rounds if available. He's big, fast, and can go over the middle. Dude had character issues but can play. I know he got booted from Tennessee's team for smoking dope but a c'mon, its almost a unofficial requirement for college students to at least try it.

I'm a big Tennessee fan so I've watched all of their games. Rogers has everything you want in a starting WR, except common sense. He reminds me a lot of Dez Bryant.
Originally posted by 9moon:
There's no DL; or CB in the draft that can help our team as fast and as well as Patterson can.. That's the point... we're better off signing veteran DLs (like Justin Smith) cause they'll blend well and better w/ our D.

Agreed ^ Patterson is the complete package by the end of pres season Harbaugh will have him ready to go and possibly starting early to mid season.

I have reviewed Patterson's films and all of the WR prospects films extensively this is the kid we should be targeting he is the real deal with an elite skill set perfect big speedy WR for CK7 who knows how to take it to the house. Will be watching Patterson's combine closely.

Also agree we need experienced help on the DL and at CB and are better off signing some vets that can help now. We should draft DL & CB talent for depth but as far as starting them it's very risky they could get torched. Several rookie WR's started last year and Patterson can get there as well.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Like the yougn man, but we would be foolish to trade up for a WR.

I thought the same thing when Atlanta traded up for J. Jones.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'd take Da'Rick Rodgers in the middle rounds if available. He's big, fast, and can go over the middle. Dude had character issues but can play. I know he got booted from Tennessee's team for smoking dope but a c'mon, its almost a unofficial requirement for college students to at least try it.

I'm a big Tennessee fan so I've watched all of their games. Rogers has everything you want in a starting WR, except common sense. He reminds me a lot of Dez Bryant.

Funny you say that because I mentioned to one of my friends how much he reminds me of Dez but does not possess his speed. Rodgers is really known for his great hands and an exceptional route runner who is not afraid to go over the middle. He does not have great speed though. I really could care less about that. We need some WR's with some size and who can block in the run game. I would take Rodgers in a hot minute.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Like the yougn man, but we would be foolish to trade up for a WR.

I thought the same thing when Atlanta traded up for J. Jones.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'd take Da'Rick Rodgers in the middle rounds if available. He's big, fast, and can go over the middle. Dude had character issues but can play. I know he got booted from Tennessee's team for smoking dope but a c'mon, its almost a unofficial requirement for college students to at least try it.

I'm a big Tennessee fan so I've watched all of their games. Rogers has everything you want in a starting WR, except common sense. He reminds me a lot of Dez Bryant.

Funny you say that because I mentioned to one of my friends how much he reminds me of Dez but does not possess his speed. Rodgers is really known for his great hands and an exceptional route runner who is not afraid to go over the middle. He does not have great speed though. I really could care less about that. We need some WR's with some size and who can block in the run game. I would take Rodgers in a hot minute.

I think we could get Rogers in the 3rd.
Here's another major reason we need to trade up for quality in WR Patterson and not be trading down for more players.

Take a look at our free agents for 2014...

Colin Kaepernick
Michael Crabtree
Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Frank Gore
Kendall Hunter
Aldon Smith

Most of these guys we want to try and resign and will need the cap space.

If Jerry Jones goes on a whiskey binge and offers Crabtree big money to leave the 49ers we would still have Patterson to build around.

We can't be drafting a ton of guys in 2013 we need the cap room to resign our guys in 2014 trade up in 2013 for Patterson.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,723
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Here's another major reason we need to trade up for quality in WR Patterson and not be trading down for more players.

Trading up him might be a good idea, but I am not sure it is realistic.

I can not think of a trade that would allow us to move up and draft Cordarrelle Patterson.
If he is ranked #1, and I do believe he is, we wall have to trade up to get at least pick 15.

To get to pick #15, we would have to give our first, second, and the first of our third round picks or maybe a first this year and next plus a
third round pick.

That seems like a lot to give up, but my calculations could be off.


Can you outline a realistic trade that would allow us to draft him?

I asked you the same question in the WR thread.

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Like the yougn man, but we would be foolish to trade up for a WR.

I thought the same thing when Atlanta traded up for J. Jones.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'd take Da'Rick Rodgers in the middle rounds if available. He's big, fast, and can go over the middle. Dude had character issues but can play. I know he got booted from Tennessee's team for smoking dope but a c'mon, its almost a unofficial requirement for college students to at least try it.

I'm a big Tennessee fan so I've watched all of their games. Rogers has everything you want in a starting WR, except common sense. He reminds me a lot of Dez Bryant.

Funny you say that because I mentioned to one of my friends how much he reminds me of Dez but does not possess his speed. Rodgers is really known for his great hands and an exceptional route runner who is not afraid to go over the middle. He does not have great speed though. I really could care less about that. We need some WR's with some size and who can block in the run game. I would take Rodgers in a hot minute.

Rogers isnt going to run a 4.3, but he plays a lot faster than the forty time I expect him to run.
Originally posted by buck:
Trading up him might be a good idea, but I am not sure it is realistic.

I can not think of a trade that would allow us to move up and draft Cordarrelle Patterson.
If he is ranked #1, and I do believe he is, we wall have to trade up to get at least pick 15.

To get to pick #15, we would have to give our first, second, and the first of our third round picks or maybe a first this year and next plus a
third round pick.

That seems like a lot to give up, but my calculations could be off.


Can you outline a realistic trade that would allow us to draft him?

I asked you the same question in the WR thread.


Working on it dude and depending on what happens with Alex and what may be coming back that is a factor as well. The more mocks and rankings i check out the higher Patterson is climbing some have him 6th to 9th now. Do we have the picks to move up yes. Is it worth the price to go from 31st to 6th?

Atlanta moved up from 27th to 6th to take Julio Jones and he has been great for the Falcons.

Browns fans don't seem to be too pleased with what they got in return. You can research what Atlanta gave up in that trade it was a steep price indeed.

I'm getting pissed off...if Patterson tears up his combine he could go top 10 easily. Probably not worth the price but we need his skill set and playmakers for CK7. Baalke has got to get his act together with the WR group...i don't know...just tweak the freaking cap then and just sign Wallace or Bowe either one will be worth it and can get us back to the SB. Totaly fed up with bringing in 2nd rate WR's on this team enough of old Moss injured Edwards and Bruce and Bryant etc...
[ Edited by SkyGod on Feb 17, 2013 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Here's another major reason we need to trade up for quality in WR Patterson and not be trading down for more players.

Trading up him might be a good idea, but I am not sure it is realistic.

I can not think of a trade that would allow us to move up and draft Cordarrelle Patterson.
If he is ranked #1, and I do believe he is, we wall have to trade up to get at least pick 15.

To get to pick #15, we would have to give our first, second, and the first of our third round picks or maybe a first this year and next plus a
third round pick.

That seems like a lot to give up, but my calculations could be off.


Can you outline a realistic trade that would allow us to draft him?

I asked you the same question in the WR thread.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/46059-draft-value-chart-calculator-see-bottom/

It would cost way too much to move up into the top of the first round. I would much prefer the Niners draft defense and then get a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,723
*Da'Rick Rogers had 61 receptions for 893 yards last year at Tennessee Tech.

That is not bad, but his production was inconsistent.

He had 18 receptions for 303 yards (over 1/3 of his production) in an overtime victory against Southeast Missouri St, a team with a 2-6 record.

That game was only time he went over 100 yards in a game.

He had four games with less than 50 yards receiving, including one game with 0 yards.

I think I would pass on him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/46059-draft-value-chart-calculator-see-bottom/

It would cost way too much to move up into the top of the first round. I would much prefer the Niners draft defense and then get a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.


After the AJ Jenkins pick i can hardly wait to see which WR Baalke comes up with after the top WR's are gone.

Meh...just find cap room sign Wallace or Bowe draft DL & DB's.
[ Edited by SkyGod on Feb 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,723
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Working on it dude and depending on what happens with Alex and what may be coming back that is a factor as well. The more mocks and rankings i check out the higher Patterson is climbing some have him 6th to 9th now. Do we have the picks to move up yes. Is it worth the price to go from 31st to 6th?

Atlanta moved up from 27th to 6th to take Julio Jones and he has been great for the Falcons.

Browns fans don't seem to be too pleased with what they got in return. You can research what Atlanta gave up in that trade it was a steep price indeed.

I'm getting pissed off...if Patterson tears up his combine he could go top 10 easily. Probably not worth the price but we need his skill set and playmakers for CK7. Baalke has got to get his act together with the WR group...i don't know...just tweak the freaking cap then and just sign Wallace or Bowe either one will be worth it and can get us back to the SB. Totaly fed up with bringing in 2nd rate WR's on this team enough of old Moss injured Edwards and Bruce and Bryant etc...

If he continues to rise, the number of other teams interested in trading up for him will increase, and the cost of trading up will go through the roof.

I do not want the team to sell its future on a free agent wide receiver. Getting either Wallace or Bowe would require us to do that.