There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cordarrelle Patterson

Patterson would look good in our offense and we need someone to stretch the field. I think he will go a bit too high for us and there are a handful of receivers in the 2nd round area that would fit a similar need.
He could go as early as Miami at Pick #12, especially if he does well at the Combine.
What would we have to give up to get into 12th to have a chance at Cordarrelle Patterson?

Thank you in advance.
I could see Cleveland at #6 and Buffalo at #8 taking a good look at him.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
I could see Cleveland at #6 and Buffalo at #8 taking a good look at him.

Agreed, if your the Browns or the Bills or one of the other AFC bottom feeders you could be looking at a playoff spot in 2013-2014 in the AFC by trading for AS and drafting Patterson.

49ers have a slew of picks trade up and pick up Patterson.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Agreed, if your the Browns or the Bills or one of the other AFC bottom feeders you could be looking at a playoff spot in 2013-2014 in the AFC by trading for AS and drafting Patterson.

49ers have a slew of picks trade up and pick up Patterson.

Not unless the Bills or Browns have a top 3 defense and Patterson is the all time leader in YAC in the NFL
IF, and I were to take a WR, then I wouldn't mind trading up around the 15th to 20th pick and draft Patterson. The guy would be a perfect 2 receiver for us. He's got the blazing speed that would keep Defenses (especially them Seahawks) honest.. He can also return punts and kick offs, and best yet, the guy can smell the end-zone..

We are not a rebuilding team anymore, so in my opinion, we should be aggressive and go for the players we want. Three to four years ago, I could just turn my head on him because we were just building a team up. Jenkins (last year's 1st pick) could be the slot receiver... Crabtree can do all the dirty work (Michael Irvin) and Patterson can the deep threat..

Just my opinion....
Originally posted by 9moon:
IF, and I were to take a WR, then I wouldn't mind trading up around the 15th to 20th pick and draft Patterson. The guy would be a perfect 2 receiver for us. He's got the blazing speed that would keep Defenses (especially them Seahawks) honest.. He can also return punts and kick offs, and best yet, the guy can smell the end-zone..

We are not a rebuilding team anymore, so in my opinion, we should be aggressive and go for the players we want. Three to four years ago, I could just turn my head on him because we were just building a team up. Jenkins (last year's 1st pick) could be the slot receiver... Crabtree can do all the dirty work (Michael Irvin) and Patterson can the deep threat..

Just my opinion....

Glad to have you on board with moving up to get Patterson. You get it congrats!

We have 14 picks any ballpark idea what it would take to move up to 12th or 15th to get Patterson thanks?
Damn I wanna add depth to our dline but I want this guy, it's about freaking time we solve our 2nd wr so come playoffs it doesn't kill us for the 3rd time in a row. Reading about this guy and be has the tools to even be a #1 with Crabtree. I'm all for baalke going balls out and doing whatever to trade up
1st and 3rd picks, I would do it in a heart beat..

You wanna separate us from the Seahawks, then we need playmakers like him.. Patterson is a 1st class talent, and I would love to add another problem to the rest our NFC rivals by drafting this kid.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Damn I wanna add depth to our dline but I want this guy, it's about freaking time we solve our 2nd wr so come playoffs it doesn't kill us for the 3rd time in a row. Reading about this guy and be has the tools to even be a #1 with Crabtree. I'm all for baalke going balls out and doing whatever to trade up

Absolutely brilliant welcome aboard the Cordarrelle Patterson bandwagon! You get the need for a 6'4 big RZ deep threat WR that can also return kicks and run sweeps congrats Fred!

With 14 picks and the best QB on the market Baalke's gotta be able to move up to get Patterson!?
Originally posted by 9moon:
1st and 3rd picks, I would do it in a heart beat..

You wanna separate us from the Seahawks, then we need playmakers like him.. Patterson is a 1st class talent, and I would love to add another problem to the rest our NFC rivals by drafting this kid.

Absolutely stellar 9moon your player evaluation skills are superb as well.

Would our 31st and a 3rd be enough to move up to 12th to ensure we don't lose out on Patterson?

If it's not enough we got lots more picks to dangle.

Patterson has not had knee surgery correct?
[ Edited by SkyGod on Feb 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM ]
I'd take Da'Rick Rodgers in the middle rounds if available. He's big, fast, and can go over the middle. Dude had character issues but can play. I know he got booted from Tennessee's team for smoking dope but a c'mon, its almost a unofficial requirement for college students to at least try it.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'd take Da'Rick Rodgers in the middle rounds if available. He's big, fast, and can go over the middle. Dude had character issues but can play. I know he got booted from Tennessee's team for smoking dope but a c'mon, its almost a unofficial requirement for college students to at least try it.

This. Rogers is the WR I'm most intrigued by. Has the frame/speed the Niners need.
Like the yougn man, but we would be foolish to trade up for a WR.