LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Solid Article

I wanted to put this in the draft section - really good article about Baalke and past drafts.
Sorry about that!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1503167-san-francisco-49ers-the-trade-that-keeps-on-giving?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-francisco-49ers
Yup, that was a great read
Great franchises are always constructed through precise draft. All hail, Balke!

Remember how pissed off so many people were when Jed hired Baalke as GM before getting a coach?
Originally posted by redpops:
Remember how pissed off so many people were when Jed hired Baalke as GM before getting a coach?

Remember how many people hated Jed pre-Harbaugh? Jed, Jim, and Trent have turned around this franchise.
Great example of draft savvy...maximizing picks and movement. I was upset when they hired Baalke without hiring a older guy to guide the management aspect of the team, sort of like McVay in the Walsh years. Turns out their management team is pretty talented without that. Don't mind being wrong at ALL!
I find it amazing that we've drafted this well in spite of mega busts in kentwawn balmer and Taylor mays
1st time I ever read a bleacher report article
That hurt if youre not rooting for the Niners.

...good thing I am! !!!

Trent has done a very good job moving around and getting some of our players but I still think he's getting too much credit for our roster.

Take a look at all of our guys and who drafted them. For all of our coaching problems over the years, we've drafted pretty darn well.
Really good article. Trent Baalke's draft moves are the reason why I am thinking AJ Jenkins will ultimately pan out as at least a 3rd receiver. I liked the hiring when it happened, but I'll admit, I did want an experienced football person that Trent would have to report to. I think Floyd Reese was available at the time. I'm glad I was wrong.

I think 2013 will be the most exciting offseason yet.
Agree w/you LifelongNiner.

I also think AJ will pan out and be used very creatively.

I also wanted Reese AND man am I glad nobody listened to me.
  • cools
  • Veteran
off topic a bit,,,
I have a sneaky feeling AJ may make a few plays tomorrow (if he's active)
Ravens wont pay much attention to him

This would give the kid a major confidence boost going into the off season
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by redpops:

Remember how many people hated Jed pre-Harbaugh? Jed, Jim, and Trent have turned around this franchise.

I haven't changed my opinion on Jed one bit. I still believe him to be a mental midget.

Who can forget his debacles with Nolan, then replacing him with McCloughan, made worse with the Singletary super-debacle. Before getting real lucky with Baalke.

And Baalke did the job pulling Harbaugh in . . . not Jed.

I really like the Baakle/Harbaugh partnership, but Jed is very capable of screwing things up.
Share 49ersWebzone