There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Phoenix49ers 2013 Mock Draft V4.0

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Have to agree. Thanks Phoenix for sending that by the way. However, it would still be nice to see how they actually measure the effectiveness of a NT. I mean, it isnt going to be for sacks. You would think it would be about stopping the run and the Niners do that well.

As a team they do, and the numbers reflect that, Justin Smith, Willis, McDonald, Bowman, all are ranked very high against the run, so as a team yes, but in terms of individual performance, Soap is the weakest link.

As an example, the only ILB ranked higher than Willis in terms of stopping the run is Brandon Spikes of NE, who also happens to be awful at coverage while Willis ranks fairly high in that aspect.

Now as far as DT's/NT's that hold up well against the run, they have the following ranked in their Top 5:

1. Geno Atkins-Bengals
2. Jurrell Casey-Titans
3. Kyle Williams-Bills
4. Brandon Mebane-Seahawks
5. Gerald McCoy-Buccaneers

Based on the rankings, it might be worthwhile for the 49ers to give Aubrayo Franklin a look, he's not great shakes but he was very sturdy against the run for San Diego this year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM ]
Todd Mcshay was very down on Quinton Patton after last week. Apparently he had a hard time creating separation and his athleticism was very underwhelming.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Todd Mcshay was very down on Quinton Patton after last week. Apparently he had a hard time creating separation and his athleticism was very underwhelming.

Exactly the sort of nonsense I'm hoping for. Pan his athleticism, his speed...etc

Patton had a tremendous week at the Senior Bowl, he looked very fluid, very strong, ran his routes well, showed good hands, he's not track star fast, but he manages to maintain his speed throughout his route even while making cuts, not slowing down at all. His quickness will always allow him to get away from coverage, I really do hope that McShay's sort of thinking causes Patton to drop, in terms of on-field ability, this guy might be the best WR in the draft this year.

Of course McShay also says some flat-out retarded stuff at times and seems to be in the extreme minority regarding his views on Patton.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM ]