There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade a 3rd and 5th Round Draft Picks for Darrelle Revis?

Trade a 3rd and 5th Round Draft Picks for Darrelle Revis?

We need a Corner Back because Carlos Rogers isn't living up to his contract extension. We could trade the picks and cut Rogers to pay for Revis. I mean its Darrelle Revis what bigger name is their at Corner back.

Please make it stop.................................
For the 100th time cutting Carlos Rogers saves us little to no money on the salary cap. He has too much money guaranteed and I hate to tell you he's played well again this season. Some of you guys see one bad game and call it a bad season. I could possibly see Alex Smith and a draft pick for Revis but I think it would be hard for us to take on his contract.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
For the 100th time cutting Carlos Rogers saves us little to no money on the salary cap. He has too much money guaranteed and I hate to tell you he's played well again this season. Some of you guys see one bad game and call it a bad season. I could possibly see Alex Smith and a draft pick for Revis but I think it would be hard for us to take on his contract.

Completely agree with the last sentence. Sure Revis is a fine player but we can't take a cap hit of $16 million a year which is what he's expected to be asking. We're already trying to figure out a budget to keep Goldson; Revis would only have a one-year stop in San Francisco, so I wouldn't waste picks or players on him.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:

Exact reason why it will never happen. People need to stop with these BS dream scenario's........cutting Rogers save a meager $300,000, meanwhile Revis will have a sky-high cap number and the 49ers will only have to resign like half the team over the next couple of seasons....good luck with that.

The reason the Jets are trying to trade him is because they had the #2 pass defense in the league without him and can't afford to pay him the $16 million a year that he's looking for, considering his previous holdouts, there's no guarantee he'll be willing to even play out this season without a major pay bump.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:03 PM ]

This guy? I vote yes.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM ]
Don't have the cash homey!
will take more than that! lol
lol
Best CB in the NFL for a 3rd and a 5th round pick? What would the Jets do? Laugh in Baalke's face and hang up the phone.
Rogers has the remaining on his contract.

Pro-rated signing bonus: $3.75M
Pro-rated signing bonus from restructure: $675,000
Pro-rated OATSB: $58,053
2013 Guarantee: $1.7M of $5.5M base

2014 Base: $6.25M
2015 Base: $7.25M

If cut this year, we have 2 options, take all bonus into 2013 cap, which would be a total of $4,483,053, plus his $1.7M guarantee, means dead money hit of $6,183,053, but save $1,160,938, since he redid his deal, I messed up my math actually is what happened, I feel like an idiot. But that would be available right away, but Revis is owed this, 3M base, and $3M in bonuses for 2013, but of course wants a 16M a yr contract. Now if we cut Rogers and label as post june 1 cut, which I now know is possible, it makes the dead money only $3,194,531, and 2014 dead money of $2,989,062, and saves us $4,149,460 in 2013, but not available to use until june 1st.

Edit: Forgot to add April 1 2013 is when his $5.5M base becomes guaranteed, so something needs to be done pre April 1 to save anything.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
No thanks. I'd say we're doing pretty fine (Superbowl appearance) without a guy like Revis, at a fraction of the cost. He can take his hefty contract demands and shove it to some other team. We paid Clements a sh*t ton of money a few years ago and look how that worked out lol
Getting Revis would just put us back in that cap issue. Cutting Rogers only saves us $300,000. Somebody said it in another forum. We dont need CB help to the point that we go get the best one on the market. Signing big names like that would mean losing guys that need extentions and guys that need to be re-signed
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Best CB in the NFL for a 3rd and a 5th round pick? What would the Jets do? Laugh in Baalke's face and hang up the phone.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
lol

+1 the OP must think this is Madden. Not a chance in hell we're getting Revis.