LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 189 users in the forums

Senior Bowl Weigh-Ins

Not conclusive, but a majority of the players listed here.

Margus Hunt....legitimately 6'8", 277 pounds.....

DJ Fluker-6'5", 355 pounds

Cobi Hamilton-6'2", 199 pounds

Jonathan Jenkins-6'4", 359 pounds

Lane Johnson-6'6", 302 pounds

Leon McFadden-5'10", 193 pounds

Bacarri Rambo-6'1", 215 pounds

Quinton Patton-6'0", 202 pounds

Ryan Swope-6'0", 204 pounds

Stepfon Taylor-5'9", 215 pounds

Larry Warford-6'3", 333 pounds

Shawn Williams-6'0", 211 pounds

Terrence Williams-6'2", 201 pounds

Jonathan Franklin-5'10", 201 pounds

Mike Glennon-6'7", 230 pounds

Chris Harper-6'1", 228 pounds

Datone Jones-6'4", 280 pounds

Nick Kasa-6'6", 271 pounds

TJ McDonald-6'2", 211 pounds

Alex Okafor-6'5", 261 pounds

Jordan Poyer-6'0", 182 pounds

Denard Robinson-5'11", 192 pounds

Kawann Short-6'3", 308 pounds

Phillip Thomas-6'1", 210 pounds

Desmond Trufant-5'11", 190 pounds

Brandon Williams-6'2", 341 pounds

Blidi Wreh-Wilson-6'1", 192 pounds
Brandon Williams definitely has the size to be an NT in the NFL and could be available in the 3rd round. Hunt is extremely impressive as a physical specimen, perhaps the only guy I see with both the physical ability and talent to potentially replace Justin Smith.
Draft this guy as the heir apparent to Justin....

^ Good article for those not too familiar with Datone.

http://www.pigskinheaven.com/content.php/1065-Datone-Jones
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I like him a lot too, He'd pick a good pick in the 2nd round.

Would love to see that. Go Bruins!!!
^ agreed and agreed... as of now, Jones would be great in the 2nd rd.
Baccari Rambo has pretty nice size, especially for a guy who's more of a free safety type of player, more of a centerfielder. For some reason I keep envisioning Rambo at FS and Goldson at SS as a hard-hitting combo with good coverage ability.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Baccari Rambo has pretty nice size, especially for a guy who's more of a free safety type of player, more of a centerfielder. For some reason I keep envisioning Rambo at FS and Goldson at SS as a hard-hitting combo with good coverage ability.

EXACTLY! The Niner have a fantastic LB corp, they don't need Whitner back there knocking peoples heads off. I know, he saved a TD last year against the Saints. But it'd have been nice to be able to get a pass deflection or INT on some of those long TD's last night in the first half.
Couple notes: the number of the day is my surprise first rounder, Malliciah Goodman, with a nearly 88" wingspan. Aldon has a massive 84" span. Kyle Long with 32" arms...not good. Both Hunt and Glennon with serious height, but thin. Franklin at over 200 pounds a nice surprise. Jenkins and Williams hovering in the 350 area. Fun to digest.
Hunt going to be a borderline first rounder. Only age at 26 puts him out of the first, in my opinion. Justin Pugh with 31" arms...yikes. Poyer very small. Big letdown. My other first round surprise EJ Manuel described as long, big frame at 237.

One of my favorite sleepers, Quinton Patton described as long armed and muscular build.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM ]

Jones and Trufant classified as rocked up. B. Williams described as stout. All of this is courtesy of Scott Wright at NFL Draft Countdown
S. Taylor of Stanford impressed at weigh in

Sounds like a good pick to develop. Not sure what round he would go in as he isn't listed on many of the 100 boards I've been reading. May change by draft time though. Since Cowboy has a few years left I would think there will be time for development.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Brandon Williams definitely has the size to be an NT in the NFL and could be available in the 3rd round. Hunt is extremely impressive as a physical specimen, perhaps the only guy I see with both the physical ability and talent to potentially replace Justin Smith.

Williams at 341 lbs is heaveier than anticipated. Looks solid. 32 3/4" arms and over 80" wing span.
He can now be consided a"true" nose tackle.
Hope that he can deal with the big school boys.

Kwann Short came in at 308 lbs; looks he will end up as 4-3 tackle or 3-4 defensive end.
Has the arm length-- 33 3/4" to keep blockers off of him.

Alex Okafor at 6 4 1/2, 261 lbs, with 33 1/8" arms and a great physique might have made some $ at the weigh in.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Sounds like a good pick to develop. Not sure what round he would go in as he isn't listed on many of the 100 boards I've been reading. May change by draft time though. Since Cowboy has a few years left I would think there will be time for development.

CBS has him listed as a 2nd round pick--#65 overall. I think him and Margus Hunt could be developed behind Justin Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone