There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Early First Round Projection

Originally posted by eonblue:
I've been paying alot of attention to Jenkins. He'sreally strong. Prototypical NT. Demands the double team and he can beat the single block. He gave first rounder barrett Jones some trouble and Warmack had to help block him most of the game. He still split the double team. A couple of problems would be his aggressiveness. The finesse run blockers of bama were able to control his rush and the rbs would run outside of him right up the middle. I also question his conditioning and he needs to learn when to rush and when to control gaps. I like him more then Jesse Williams tho. Hes a true NT and i think we need someone who can pressure the middle for years to come. Jessr Williams feels like sopoago lite which is fine but if pass rush on dline is a problem then Johnathan Jenkins.

That''s why we have Coach Tomsula n our conditioning staff. Perfect to mold. This coaching staff has turned around players like Brooks and Boone. "Tell me who you're with and I will tell you who you are." Ol' Tico saying. The fact we have such a cohesive group w strong character and leaders, Jenkins would have the support he needs to succeed, IMO.

Can you imagine a Mt. Cody Type who could rotate in n get acclimated to the game while providing a more stout middle? I can. And we have some serious talent at NT compared to the last four years, IMO. Not many 1st rd NTs as I recall in the past.
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Nobody cares about your weak ass draft projections maddog. You're not a scout. Go kick rocks.

Stop being antagonistic n provoking. Don't post then. I don't always agree with MD, but disrespecting a fellow NinerBro who provides a unique, but helpful service to us in the draftroom shows your colors man.

It's a free Zone n he has a voice. You don't like it. Don't read n post. But you did post which only proves your intentions to just bash.

Swear to God that some of us just don't have manners or courtesy.

Frickin' Sad.

SMDH
Originally posted by ninertico:
Nobody cares about your weak ass draft projections maddog. You're not a scout. Go kick rocks.

Stop being antagonistic n provoking. Don't post then. I don't always agree with MD, but disrespecting a fellow NinerBro who provides a unique, but helpful service to us in the draftroom shows your colors man.

It's a free Zone n he has a voice. You don't like it. Don't read n post. But you did post which only proves your intentions to just bash.

Frickin' Sad.

SMDH

Agreed.
MD may come off arrogant and gruff at times, but he does provide valuable information and insight for those of us that don't follow college ball very closely.
That''s why we have Coach Tomsula n our conditioning staff. Perfect to mold. This coaching staff has turned around players like Brooks and Boone. "Tell me who you're with and I will tell you who you are." Ol' Tico saying. The fact we have such a cohesive group w strong character and leaders, Jenkins would have the support he needs to succeed, IMO.

Can you imagine a Mt. Cody Type who could rotate in n get acclimated to the game while providing a more stout middle? I can. And we have some serious talent at NT compared to the last four years, IMO. Not many 1st rd NTs as I recall in the past.

I think too many people are expecting finished products out of the draft. All we need is a player with a work ethic and a skill set that translates to the pro game. After that, coaching takes over, and that skill set developed and refined. Fortunately we have one of the best staffs in the NFL to handle that.

There will be some later round NT types as well, but if Soap leaves, to me, NT becomes the priority, it would be the only spot on the team where they would be drafting for an immediate starter if Goldson stays. In that case I want someone like Jenkins or Jesse Williams. If Soap stays, then they can get by with developing a later round prospect such as Brandon Williams of Missouri Southern who has been quite impressive at times but was going up against a lower level of competition. Ultimately the defensive line will make or break this team so I would like to see the depth upgraded and if needed, a starting NT found.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Good early in the game, but tends to fade late. Conditioning a major issue, and I think people might see a lack of motor to play at a high level in the next level. I think he ends up a high second rounder.

To me, Jenkins is the better prospect, but not by much.

If Jenkins is drafted, it's to be a 2 down NT, conditioning is his biggest issue, he needs to keep himself in shape and could even stand to lose a bit of weight. But for its worth, he does bring a lot of aggression, a generally solid motor, has some pass rush skill, will collapse the pocket, but if given too many snaps, he will wear down, common for bigger guys like that.

Frickin' Sad.

SMDH

Booo HoooHooo. Quit cryin.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Frickin' Sad.

SMDH

Agreed.
MD may come off arrogant and gruff at times, but he does provide valuable information and insight for those of us that don't follow college ball very closely.

He doesn't provide anything useful whatsoever. Isn't this the same guy who said he wouldn't pick Aldon Smith in the first round? Yeah he provides useful info alright just go the opposite of what he says. And he took Tolzein over Kaepernick too like most of you? Lmfaooooo! He knows about as much as the rest of you guys which is nada.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Frickin' Sad.

SMDH

Agreed.

He doesn't provide anything useful whatsoever. Isn't this the same guy who said he wouldn't pick Aldon Smith in the first round? Yeah he provides useful info alright just go the opposite of what he says. And he took Tolzein over Kaepernick too like most of you? Lmfaooooo! He knows about as much as the rest of you guys which is nada.

He would have taken Watt instead. Can't find fault with that. Both players are excellent thus far.
Maybe you shouldn't be in this thread if you don't find any value in MD's posts.
If you had to pick a qb who sneaks in at the end of the 1st who would that most likely be? you see matt elam or shariff floyd being around our pick?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

There will be some later round NT types as well, but if Soap leaves, to me, NT becomes the priority, it would be the only spot on the team where they would be drafting for an immediate starter if Goldson stays. In that case I want someone like Jenkins or Jesse Williams. If Soap stays, then they can get by with developing a later round prospect such as Brandon Williams of Missouri Southern who has been quite impressive at times but was going up against a lower level of competition. Ultimately the defensive line will make or break this team so I would like to see the depth upgraded and if needed, a starting NT found.

I think NT is pretty high up on the list. Waiting for a late round NT yields players like Ian Williams. Maybe that will turn out to be a great value. But I think the Dline needs a blue chip prospect to anchor the line. It may not necessarily be with their 1st, but no later than the Panthers pick in the 3rd.