There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JRod's Mock Offseason

*No compensatory picks added

Re-Sign
-Randy Moss: this guy has helped us in so many ways. attracting attention, mentoring the young WRs, making plays down the field and on short immediate routes. He is not what he use to be but i believe he likes our team and likes his chances of breaking out after spending a complete offseason with Kaep. Great Value
-RJF: Great depth at a great value
-Larry Grant: he wasnt able to showcase his abilities since willis and bowman stayed healthy so we should be able to resign the capable backup at a cheap price
-Dashson Goldson: no more dicking around with this guy, he deserves his money so give it to him.
-Leonard Davis- this is a cheap "why not" resign. capable backup with experience to teach the young men around him
-Tavares Gooden- ST value on the cheap

Cut
-Carlos Rogers: he is aging at a rate bigger than his contract. He looks slower and his instincts cant cut it anymore.
-Jonathan Goodwin: Another big contract that we can trim. He is the weak link of the O-line and Kilgore has shown promise and i think he makes some big strides to take over at Center. Looney will learn to be Kilgore's emergency backup
-David Akers: need i explain?

Extend:
-Mike Iupati: best O-lineman we have and we should be looking to lock him up
-Justin Smith: need i explain?

Trade
-Alex Smith to KC for 3rd round : Andy Reid wanted Alex Smith for McNabb years ago and i think he takes him now while he grooms a new QB

DRAFT
-1st RD: NT Jesse Williams- He is one of the best run cloggers in the draft and he will jump in right away to fill the void of Soap and bring us back to the days as the #1 run defense
-2nd RD(Trade our 2nd and a 3rd to Tennessee for their 2nd)- CB Jordan Poyer- Replacement for Rogers. Insurance in case we cant resign Brown in 2014
-3rd RD: WR Da'Rick Rogers- guy has 1st round talent with a bad past. Harbaugh overlooks his past to snatch a great steal in the draft
-3rd Round: OLB Cornellius Washington- valuable depth at OLB.
-4th RD: TE Joseph Fauria- my draft crush. he has elite size and elite hands. he will be a true mismatch with great red zone ability who will turn into the go to guy
-5th RD: OT James Hurst- We need another OT to prepare for the worst. Becomes the primary backup swing tackle
-5th RD:CB Tyrann Mattheiu- Harbs drafts another troubled player for a steal. this guy is the true honeybadger and we can stick him in to cover the slot, return kicks, play ST kickoff coverage, and maybe one day take over at FS
-6th RD: K Dustin Hopkins- Buh Bye Akers
-6th RD:(Trade our late 6th and a 7th to NY Jets for their 6th) RB Kniles Davis- always liked this kid. I think he can be the alfred morris of 2013 but of course he will sit awhile til gore retires or he gets injured.
-7th RD- QB Brad Sorenson- Most mock drafts on the webzone have us taking him somewhere and i can see why. He becomes our #3

QB: Kaepernick/Tolzien/Sorenson
RB:Gore/Hunter/James/K.Davis/Dixon
FB:Miller
WR:Crabtree/Moss/Manningham/Jenkins/Rogers/Williams
TE:V.Davis/Fauria/Celek
OT:Staley/A.Davis/Hurst
G:Iupati/Boone/Davis/Looney
C:Kilgore/Looney
NT:J.Williams/RJF/I.Williams
DE:J.Smith/McDonald/RJF/Tukuafu/Dobbs
ILB:Willis/Bowman/Grant/Gooden
OLB:A.Smith/Brooks/Haralson/Washington
CB:Culliver/Brown/Poyer/Cox/Mattheiu
FS:Goldson/Robinson/Mattheui
SS:Whitner/Spillman
KR/PR:James/K.Williams/Mattheui
P:Lee
K:Hopkins
LS:Jennings

*I welcome criticism of course...this is my first mock draft so let me know if I missed something or made a mistake somewhere. Hope you enjoyed my post!
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
I think I would rather take a CB with the second 3rd rounder, like Will Davis or Desmond Trufant. Then with that second 5th rounder go a DE, roll the dice on either Kapron Lewis-Moore or Will Pericak.

I like what you did overall though.
Notes for me, Rogers will be a tough cut, may not save anything useful.

Love the re-signings.

My question is which Hurst? James(UNC) or Alex(LSU), James is a 1st rd pick to me, Alex is the later round Tackle.

Overall, I love it, Hopkins is my Kicker along with Brett Maher of Nebraska for my choices. Sorensen will likely rise up the boards come april.
Solid draft. I like every player you drafted. Alot of high ceiling players. You forgot about sopoago hes a FA next season.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Love the re-signings.

My question is which Hurst? James(UNC) or Alex(LSU), James is a 1st rd pick to me, Alex is the later round Tackle.

Overall, I love it, Hopkins is my Kicker along with Brett Maher of Nebraska for my choices. Sorensen will likely rise up the boards come april.

ive read on some sites that james hurst is a 4th-5th rd pick

yea i think sorenson has a good chance to rise to the 5th or 6th but for now i think he is only worth 7th
Originally posted by eonblue:
Solid draft. I like every player you drafted. Alot of high ceiling players. You forgot about sopoago hes a FA next season.

i didnt list the players i dont think we will resign. soapaga isnt the same NT he use to be and i think jesse williams will do a better job clogging the middle and we will save alot of money not resigning soap
Can't cut Carlos Rogers because the cap savings wouldn't justify the move because of the contract he signed last offseason. Rogers isn't nearly as bad as some board members make him out to be. He covers the quick slot receiver on opposing teams and I didn't hear any complaints when he did a wonderful job on Wes Welker. Alex Smith(via trade/cut),David Akers and Parys Haralson will all be gone. Not as easy to just cut someone without looking at the salary cap ramifications.

Love the re-signings.

Exactly, so what's the point of cutting him.
Originally posted by SFrush:

He's the webzone's new whipping boy lol. Every year it has to be SOMEONE. I'm ready for us to draft a replacement, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity we replace Rogers in the near future (2013 or 2014). Our corners will look better next season if we can generate a strong pass rush outside of Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Love the re-signings.

yea I think im regretting making that move now.

perhaps if we didn't cut him we could cut someone like dobbs and I.Williams cause I really like poyer and mattheiu so I think we would just have to carry 6 CBs. That would be one bada** stable of CBs