There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ryan Swope-WR-Texas A&M

Swope there it its.
WR is tough this year because there is so much talent in this draft. You'd take Swope over DaRick Rogers or Patton?
Swope isn't that small - he measured at 6'0 205 with 31 3/8" arms (not great, but not terrible). Cordarrelle Patterson is not that much bigger at 6'2 216 with 31 3/4" arms but people are talking about him like he's a Julio Jones clone (6'3 220 with 33 3/4" arms and a bigger vertical than Patterson). Also, a 4.34 at the combine is fast even if he's white. I think he might be a better fit for the slot, but he could probably play outside as a #2 receiver too.

Cordarelle Patterson has tiny arms and small hands for his size - he's a monster athlete and great with the ball in his hands, but he's really the equivalent of a 6'0 receiver.
If you take Swope are you giving up entirely on AJ?
Swope is the man, he can do it all. I don't like Welker comparisons because Swope has so many aspects to his game. Sure he may not be a HOF player like Welker but Swope can play slot, line up outside, deep routes, intermediate you name it he has it. Beside that not all white receivers have to be compared to other white receivers.
The knock on this guy is that he's had concussion problems, that maybe a few more and he could be pretty much done, ala jahvid best.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
The knock on this guy is that he's had concussion problems, that maybe a few more and he could be pretty much done, ala jahvid best.

This. He was one of my draft favorites and he officially retired from the NFL even before hitting the field due to his concussion problems. It's a real shame but I hope he gets better.
Is a shame about Ryan Swope. Concussion is really a huge issue and thanks to the Roger Goodell and Riddell, they have quashed any new and safer designs from other helmet designers.

The 9ers should tell Goodell to fxxk off and try on these babies from Balwark :

• Tman
  • Veteran
Grant Cohn's draft crush
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Too bad about Swope, he's got talent.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Too bad about Swope, he had talent.

fixed
Originally posted by mayo49:
Too bad about Swope, he's got talent.

This. I thought he could have been a very good slot receiver in the NFL, good to see that he's looking out for his health though.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Been on the Swope bandwagon. I hope we take him in the 3rd.

Glad you aren't our GM LaMichaelJeff
Originally posted by YungAce:
Been on the Swope bandwagon. I hope we take him in the 3rd.

Glad you aren't our GM LaMichaelJeff

i knew he had a concussion back in college, but didn't think it was gonna be a lingering issue. anyways, a retired Swope is better than Jenkins so far.
i knew he had a concussion back in college, but didn't think it was gonna be a lingering issue. anyways, a retired Swope is better than Jenkins so far.

Concussions....plural, he had a few, and then he suffered one with the Cardinals, even before training camp started.