There are 251 users in the forums

Quinton Patton-WR-Lousiana Tech

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
one of these little punk ass WR's needs to step up nao!

I'd be happy if they stepped it up 4 months from now but you tell 'em hoss.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Absolutely, I see him as more ready to contribute than Jenkins was. He can be utilized in a similar manner as Crabtree, he was tremendously productive on third down for La Tech, a good run blocker, had a ridiculously low drop rate, I fully believe in this guy and think he can step up and play a role in replacing Crabtree. I don't think one guy will offset the loss of a stud WR like Crabtree alone, but if Jenkins steps up, if Patton plays to his potential and a healthy Williams and Manningham pitch in, this team might end up even better off as there will be a variety of targets all over the place that teams will have to focus in on.

I'm especially happy at this moment that the 49ers went and acquired Boldin this offseason, that move is looming HUGE right now.

Glad to hear your comments! I liked the pick and hope he can be more effective as a rookie than Jenkins was, but am also looking forward to Jenkins stepping up after an embarrassing (for him) rookie season. No one likes riding the bench and I'm sure he is not happy with having contributed so little.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Absolutely, I see him as more ready to contribute than Jenkins was. He can be utilized in a similar manner as Crabtree, he was tremendously productive on third down for La Tech, a good run blocker, had a ridiculously low drop rate, I fully believe in this guy and think he can step up and play a role in replacing Crabtree. I don't think one guy will offset the loss of a stud WR like Crabtree alone, but if Jenkins steps up, if Patton plays to his potential and a healthy Williams and Manningham pitch in, this team might end up even better off as there will be a variety of targets all over the place that teams will have to focus in on.

I'm especially happy at this moment that the 49ers went and acquired Boldin this offseason, that move is looming HUGE right now.

Glad to hear your comments! I liked the pick and hope he can be more effective as a rookie than Jenkins was, but am also looking forward to Jenkins stepping up after an embarrassing (for him) rookie season. No one likes riding the bench and I'm sure he is not happy with having contributed so little.

Hopefully. But who knows. We really need him to step up badly with MC out.
Share 49ersWebzone