There are 170 users in the forums

Running back is now a need. who should we be looking at.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
talk about overreacting

This. In no way is this team in need for ANOTHER running back. If we pick one up, it'll be an undrafted free agent. We have Frank, LMJ, and Jewel Hampton who people are sleeping on. Kendell will come back, but we have enough depth and won't need to rush him back.

i hope jewel hampton can be for us what Bryce Brown is for Philly, idc about the fumbles on monday night, that guy was great. im not gonna pretend I know anything bout hampton tho. just wishful thinking. but i agree, we have depth, kendall will return when he's healthy
If this was in the draft forum, you would not be getting fried, the niners do not need a back for the 2012 season. Going into the 2013 draft, with a slew of picks there is no doubt the FO will be evaluating RB's and choose one in the draft and sign one as an UDFA. They do this pretty much every year as RB's can play special teams and are always needed for depth.

I think the future offense is more of a spread offense with CK7 running the offense. I see two smaller backs perhaps on the field at the same times. Lot of option reads, underneath routes as the defense now has to defend the long ball.
Share 49ersWebzone