There are 212 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Running back is now a need. who should we be looking at.

It pains me to think about this but, there is a very real possibility that hunter wont be same back post injury. I know we dont know the severity of the inj at this point but idk how many players come back and have the ability they once had.

With that being said, imho this inj will effect how we draft next year. Frank still getting older and now hunter is now an unknown.

Like many, im too lazy to lazy to start looking at backs who will be available and there are some here who have their ish together when it comes to this. So, whose out there that we should be taking a look at.
Go niners!
If LMJ cant fill that need he wasn't worth the pick...2nd rounders should be able to start not only be used in gimmick ways.
Kenyon Barner.
I don't think it's a need since we will have 3 or 4 RB's on the roster

Gore
Hunter
Lamike
Dixon (may be his last year on deal)

I rather concentrate on our aging D-line, safety and corner help, and depth @ OLB.
Dont forget we got jewel hampton guys!!
Any RB coming in will be either a late pick (6th or 7th) or an undrafted free agent. We have far too many more pressing needs.
Never said draft a back with one if our first three picks. This injury could take up to a year to heal so he not even be cleared to practice around this time next year. even then hunter may not be the same back. Frank will be a year older and i may be absolutely alone in the uncomfortable thought of lmj being the sole option behind him. hoping for the best expecting the worse.
Gore and James should be able to pick up the slack if Hunter doesnt come back full strength?

but our F.O needs to be on the lookout for a solid RB in the middle rounds ...we dont need to draft a RB until day 2 of the draft

Alfred Morris was drafted in the 6th round , he fits in well with Shanny's system in D.C ...I'm sure Harbs can find another RB to groom for down the road that fits in with what we do
Hunter and James are the future and Frank appears by all indications to have at least another year in him. RB is way down my priority ladder. I agree with most here, find a day two guy, maybe somebody with a bigger body type to be the guy we all wanted Jacobs and Dixon to be.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Kenyon Barner.

Its Kenjon but thats besides the point. I think was Kiper/McShay or some other ESPN talking head but they said that if Barner compares to any RB in the NFL that the best comparison is Kendall Hunter lol.
Late Round Running Back Prospects:

• Rex Burkhead- 5-11, 210 Nebraska
  • Cierre Wood- 6-0, 215 Notre Dame
  • Zac Stacy- 5-9, 210 Vanderbilt
  • Marcus Coker- 6-0, 230 Stony Brook
  • Johnathan Franklin- 5-10, 205 UCLA
  • Ray Graham- 5-9, 195 Pitt

I personally like Cierre Wood the best as he is the most complete back.
As for big, power backs, Marcus Coker and Rex Burkhead are good options late in the draft.
talk about overreacting
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't think it's a need since we will have 3 or 4 RB's on the roster

Gore
Hunter
Lamike
Dixon (may be his last year on deal)

I rather concentrate on our aging D-line, safety and corner help, and depth @ OLB.
Gore at 29 is running on borrowed time. I don't think Hunter or LMJ are big enough to be every down backs. Dixon isn't good enough. Even though we have 4 backs we are going to need to find the Frank Gore of the future.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
talk about overreacting

This. In no way is this team in need for ANOTHER running back. If we pick one up, it'll be an undrafted free agent. We have Frank, LMJ, and Jewel Hampton who people are sleeping on. Kendell will come back, but we have enough depth and won't need to rush him back.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
talk about overreacting

brah.

Gore- Love him to death, but getting older/slower and adding more miles on him
Hunter- Possibly the best suited to be a full time starter. Will be coming off what appears to be a serious injury.
Jacobs- One year deal.
LMJ- His smaller size parallels that of Hunter, kid has potential. Uncertain if he can be a every down back.
Dixon- Has been a rare situational back, notably* a special teams player.