There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WSU WR Marquess Wilson leaves the team

Originally posted by sfout:
UPDATE****************************

Marquess Wilson was indefinitely suspended and has subsequently left the team

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20121110/NEWS/311100029/Marquess-Wilson-leaves-Washington-State-football-team?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Wilson cites "physical, emotional, and verbal abuse" by Leach causing his decision to walk out on a Sunday workout(what caused the suspension) and has since decided to leave the team altogether.

No telling what this does to Wilson's stock or if he choses to transfer to a new school.

WSU sucks anyways. He deserves a better school
  • buck
  • Veteran
The charges Wilson leveled against Leach and the coaching staff are sufficiently serious to merit both a university and NCAA investigation.
I have no idea if, or to what extent, the charges are valid, but they cannot, or should not be, dismissed simply because Wilson can be classified as a head case.

The simple truth is that the charges could be correct and Wilson could be a head case.
Leach could be fired and Wilson could plummet in the draft.

Intuitively, I sense that Wilson's charges do have merit, but we will have to see what happens.

Wont hurt him too much. Leach has a reputation for this crap. That's why he's not at TTU anymore.
Originally posted by sfout:
UPDATE****************************

Marquess Wilson was indefinitely suspended and has subsequently left the team

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20121110/NEWS/311100029/Marquess-Wilson-leaves-Washington-State-football-team?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Wilson cites "physical, emotional, and verbal abuse" by Leach causing his decision to walk out on a Sunday workout(what caused the suspension) and has since decided to leave the team altogether.

No telling what this does to Wilson's stock or if he choses to transfer to a new school.

i think its the coachs fault wilson has been producing it made no sense that thw coaches benched him in first place

i say this causes his stock to drop maybe 2-3 rounds to like 5th round but it will rise with workouts and such but its looking less and less likely he will even declare next year

he has first round talent though hes on a crappy team however i see him transferring to a good school
Told you about Leach's reputation ... http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8623286/pac-12-investigate-allegations-washington-state-cougars-coach-mike-leach
[ Edited by vrabbit on Nov 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Told you about Leach's reputation ... http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8623286/pac-12-investigate-allegations-washington-state-cougars-coach-mike-leach
So are you siding with Wilson without knowing the whole story? Not defending Leach, but maybe Wilson doesn't want to work or be held accountable for his mistakes. So instead of trying to work on getting better, he just quits and claims he got his feelings hurt and cries abuse (knowing Leach's past with the Texas Tech accusations). Maybe he didn't think he was getting star treatment and was tired of being held at a higher standard than his teammates.

I think we should wait and find out what comes about before coddling poor little Marquess and wanting to burn Leach at the stake.
So I guess this is basically, which guy do you think is the bigger moron? Is Leach a petty tyrant (not to the degree Craig James helped paint him as) or Wilson a diva slacker? It could also be that Wilson is mentally fragile. I personally imagine the fragile self-esteem thing judging by the way his stepfather talks about the letter sent to Wazzu.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
really too bad... I used to love Mike Leach, now I semi-wonder just what kind of head coach he really is.
Hopefully ex-WSU head coach, and our current offensive asst., Paul Wulff, has a good relationship with him.
If we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round, it would be steal imo. Mike Williams ( Tampa ) went in the 4th rd,
who left college under similar circumstances.
Originally posted by mtminer:
Hopefully ex-WSU head coach, and our current offensive asst., Paul Wulff, has a good relationship with him.
If we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round, it would be steal imo. Mike Williams ( Tampa ) went in the 4th rd,
who left college under similar circumstances.

I'm thinking the same thing