There are 183 users in the forums

The Premature Todd Gurley '14 Thread

This Georgia freshman RB is damn incredible. Dude looks like Trent Richardson did as a sophomore. After 7 games he has 622 yards on the ground. To be this big, physical and focused at just 18 years old is INSANE. 6'1, 218 lbs. Can you imagine when he's a grown-ass man?

• DeUh
  • Veteran
RB
Todd Gurley
Height 6-1
Weight 226
Georgia #3

Highlight Tape

[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Career Stats After 30 Games

Rushing

510 rush attempts
6,4 yards per attempt
3285 Yards
36 touchdowns

Receiving

65 receptions
9,5 yards per reception
615 yards
6 touchdowns

Kick Returns

11 returns
38,4 yards per return
422 yards
2 touchdowns
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Reserved For Tape.
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM ]
And he's looking better than ever
he's a special player
To bad we wont be drafting him since we will be drafting 32nd this year
Yeah I think he is worth a top 5 pick, or at least a top 10.

He is a game changer, an AP-type quality RB.
He'll be a 1st round pick.

If by some miracle he fell to the end of the first round, should we take him? I know we have other needs to fill, but it would be hard to pass on the potential backfield of Gore (resigned for a small deal), Hyde, Lattimore, and Gurley.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
If by some miracle he fell to the end of the first round, should we take him? I know we have other needs to fill, but it would be hard to pass on the potential backfield of Gore (resigned for a small deal), Hyde, Lattimore, and Gurley.

Pass. Not that he hasn't looked awesome. I'm actually watching the Carolina/Georgia game now. And I wouldn't exactly say our future is set at RB either. We still don't know for certain who we have behind Carlos Hyde (I'm thinking after 2015 when Gore is likely gone). But we need some help at D-line, still can use another receiver, and OL. A back will likely be drafted, but I'm still holding out hope we can add someone with some speed.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Pass. Not that he 't looked awesome. I'm actually watching the Carolina/Georgia game now. And I wouldn't exactly say our future is set at RB either. We still don't know for certain who we have behind Carlos Hyde (I'm thinking after 2015 when Gore is likely gone). But we need some help at D-line, still can use another receiver, and OL. A back will likely be drafted, but I'm still holding out hope we can add someone with some speed.

Speed like LMJ? Or speed with the power to actually break tackle? Because Gurleys pretty fast see his Clemson KO return. Gurleys a playmaker that would make defenses look silly running behind this Oline.

Anyways he won't make it to us.
Pass. Not that he 't looked awesome. I'm actually watching the Carolina/Georgia game now. And I wouldn't exactly say our future is set at RB either. We still don't know for certain who we have behind Carlos Hyde (I'm thinking after 2015 when Gore is likely gone). But we need some help at D-line, still can use another receiver, and OL. A back will likely be drafted, but I'm still holding out hope we can add someone with some speed.

Speed like LMJ? Or speed with the power to actually break tackle? Because Gurleys pretty fast see his Clemson KO return. Gurleys a playmaker that would make defenses look silly running behind this Oline.

Originally posted by eonblue:

As much as I advocated for LaMichael James to get more opportunities here, I wouldn't exactly say speed like LaMichael James lol. More like Chris Johnson type speed, De'Anthony Thomas (more realistic because I doubt we spend that high of a pick on a speed back), or Dri Archer. I could be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with that kind of back, but if that type of player can run decisively and is used on well designed plays they could make a lot out of what is sure to be limited opportunities.

Gurley on the hand looks like a number one back, 1st round pick type of guy. He isn't lasting until where we draft as you pointed out and I doubt we draft him unless the staff isn't confident about Marcus Lattimore giving us any kind of production.
Share 49ersWebzone