There are 169 users in the forums

MD was right

It is certainly wonderful that you'all point to another player. Aldon is the 'Missing-Link' that this 'D' was lacking. In his part time duties he produced BIG TIME! Do you really think that JJ would be better in Fangio's scheme? Are you'all crazy? Aldon is learning a new position and still producing. He has not quite mastered his new position....but believe me when I tell you that he will, and when he does....this 'D' (if you can believe this) will become even better. Brooks is very good on the other side, but we need another Aldon for that side. You are all f*****g crazy for dissing this 'D'!! Go on flamers....give it your best. Anyone who has payed attention to my postings know that I am not politically correct, and I don't really care about pooop-you-larity. I represent the SF 49ers. They are My Beloved Team. I have been spoiled to believe that they can win it all. Always have been. I am 3 generations into the fan base. Aldon is the 'MAN'.Just keep watching.
Watt wouldn't of started here, we have Justin and McDonald as starters for the time being. Where we had a need for pass rushing OLB. Haralson wasn't doing it, Lawson never fit the scheme here, so Aldon was the best choice for us. I liked Watt, he will be a great player, but 18.5 sacks in only about 20 games is a great stat.
We drafted the best available player for our personnel/scheme, the Texans drafted the best player for their personnel/scheme. Both players had great rookie seasons and are off to a great start this season. I can't see the feature but I will say I could both guys having 5-7 league leading seasons easily, but throwing around HOF is just absurd. Mad Dog wasn't right or wrong, it was a wash.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
is that you Gruden?
Don't get the comparison at all...We didnt need a 34-DE back in 2011 at all. So, where is the comparison?
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Watt is unbelievable. I have a lot of relatives in Wisconsin. And I've personally gone to many Wisconsin games. Both regular season and Rose Bowl. And I can tell you Watt was always a beast for the Badgers. Just unblockable and batting down passes like he does now. But I have to tell you I didn't expect him to be this good in the pros. He's unreal. Just unreal. He looks like the next Reggie White. He's going to be an all time player. Just insane how good he is.

Now I think Aldon Smith is really, really good and maybe even a perenial Pro Bowl level guy. And I love Aldon other than all his PAC MAN JONES off field episodes. But I'd have to say I think JJ Watt is probably going to be better overall. Probably an all time great vs. a Pro Bowl player is what we are looking at. Watt is like Justin Smith but younger, bigger, stronger and more athletic, with just as much motor....

Exactly.

Wait what? Sorry, but I beg to differ. Smith is 5 pounds lighter and 1 inch shorter so they are nearly the same size. Justin Smith ran a 4.64 coming out of college. JJ Watt ran a 4.81. Now Justin Smith may have slown down a bit but a 4.64 is significantly faster than a 4.81. Of course game speed is a different story, but Smith is still very quick. Do you remember him chasing down Jeremy Maclin last year and causing the fumble to win the game? Watt was 3 inches better in broad jump and vertical jump. As for strength, Watt did 34 reps on bench, while Smith did 26. However, our fullback Bruce Miller did 35 reps. So is Bruce Miller stronger than Justin Smith? no, course not. Bench only tells you so much about strength. JJ Watt doesn't get double teamed nearly as much as Justin Smith and Justin Smith is a bull. The biggest misconception is that Justin Smith is not an athlete and just a high motored guy. Justin Smith is one hell of an athlete! 4.64 is freakish. Anyways, I know this thread is about JJ Watt vs Aldon Smith, but I had to throw that in about Justin. By the way, I'd glad we have Aldon. I think he'll have a better career than Watt.
LOL are jumping the gun with all the HoF talk. People were saying the same things about Mario Williams, Shawne Merriman, etc. Aldon and Watt are still in their second years. They're both showing that they can be pro-bowl players.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
LOL are jumping the gun with all the HoF talk. People were saying the same things about Mario Williams, Shawne Merriman, etc. Aldon and Watt are still in their second years. They're both showing that they can be pro-bowl players.

Every week it seems Gruden's watching football for the first time. Everyone on the field is "outstanding", "tremendous", "never seen anything like this!"
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Every week it seems Gruden's watching football for the first time. Everyone on the field is "outstanding", "tremendous", "never seen anything like this!"

This. Gruden loves everybody. He almost did a dance when praising Tony Romo. There are no HOFers after their first 20 games.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Can i borrow your crystal ball for awhile???

My opinion.

Right now Watt is the better player. I personally don't see that changing.

I do not think he called Watt a HOF type player.

Also, Watt wouldnt have been a good fit for our team imo. Yes he is great, but would he have started over Ray-Mac and Justin Smith? I do not think he would have and we also would have to eat Ray-Macs contract if we did.

IDK if Watt would be a good OLB, probably could be.

Lulz, saying MD was right, of course he was, he makes like 50 predictions.

I don't understand why there's a thread praising a poster for predicting an early 1st rd draft pick would be good, especially when he wrongly predicted another 1st rd pick wouldn't be good.
its amazing how people repeat the SAME EXACT THING they hear on Monday night countdown
and then add a twist because they werent talking about our players that day.

They both are great players.
If we took Watt he would play in RayMac's spot. it was a far better football decision to take Aldon

DEAL WITH IT!
Watt wont have as long of a career as Justin Smith or ALdon Smith, he will break down because of the steroid abuse
Originally posted by 99problems:
its amazing how people repeat the SAME EXACT THING they hear on Monday night countdown

If we took Watt he would play in RayMac's spot. it was a far better football decision to take Aldon

DEAL WITH IT!
wasnt Watt def rookie of the year last year?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 99problems:

DEAL WITH IT!
wasnt Watt def rookie of the year last year?

Miller was, aldon should have been
Share 49ersWebzone