LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

sheldon richardson DT missouri

Justin, Aldon, and hopefully Sheldon. Niners love Missou!!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

That's who I want, as long as we can still hold on to #34. Ideally, we could land him and Eric Reid.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

That's who I want, as long as we can still hold on to #34. Ideally, we could land him and Eric Reid.

exactly my thoughts, 34 is a huge pick for us to get a S.

If we could land both, plus maybe Kelse or Aaron Dobson. I would be stoked!

My goals for the draft...

• a 3-4 rotational DE (and eventual replacement for J. Smith)
  • a high pick next year (either 1st or 2nd)
  • 2 safeties (preferably a FS and SS)
  • backup TE
  • additional OLB
  • backup OT

If we can solidify a few of those, I'd be stoked. But landing Richardson gets us a difference maker, and either him or Star L. would be great fits for our D.
"Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole notes it "increasingly sounds like" the 49ers want to trade up for Missouri DL Sheldon Richardson.

A trade up to pick No. 13 could be ideal for the Jets and 49ers, since the latter would move in front of the defensive tackle needy Panthers. The Jets could then target a quarterback at the end of the first-round. Richardson would line up as a 5 technique end, with plenty of mobility to loop inside or out with Aldon Smith."

Source: Jason Cole on Twitter
Apr 25 - 10:31 AM
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Gimme this guy!!

Holding on to #34 would make this deal fantastic.
you guys are getting me excited over this guy

Still hoping for Tank or a trade for 1st 2014 at #34
Originally posted by olapac:

Reid and Richardson. Wouldn't even care what we did the rest of the draft if we could pull that off.
  • rum53
  • Veteran

I agree. My dream scenario would be a trade to #13 for Richardson while keeping the #34 pick where we grab our safety DJ Swearinger.

If we could land both, plus maybe Kelse or Aaron Dobson. I would be stoked!

My goals for the draft...

• a 3-4 rotational DE (and eventual replacement for J. Smith)
  • a high pick next year (either 1st or 2nd)
  • 2 safeties (preferably a FS and SS)
  • backup TE
  • additional OLB
  • backup OT

If we can solidify a few of those, I'd be stoked. But landing Richardson gets us a difference maker, and either him or Star L. would be great fits for our D.

Going up to get Richardson might cost us a shot at that 2014 #1 you (and I) want, if you plan going FS or TE fairly early, but one Zoner's mock (forgot the name and thread, and I am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to lazy to go find it) had us trade ap from 34 to get him, then trade away 31 for a #1 next year and a #2 this year (I think it was #41, from the Bills).

The other way to go is to trade up from 34, and make a selection at 31, giving us 2 talented guys on relatively cheap, FIVE year contracts.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Reid and Richardson. Wouldn't even care what we did the rest of the draft if we could pull that off.

Throw in Kelce/Reed/Gragg/Toilolo/Davis/Harrison at backup TE/HB (depending which picks we have left), and I would be happy. Everything else would just be depth, IMO.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by SFrush:

Throw in Kelce/Reed/Gragg/Toilolo/Davis/Harrison at backup TE/HB (depending which picks we have left), and I would be happy. Everything else would just be depth, IMO.

Sounds like we're all on the same wavelength. That would be an A+ draft in my book.
This is who we are getting
I think if we want Richardson we're not going to have to trade up as far as people would think. Its looking more and more likely that Floyd and Lotulelei take a bit of a drop ... along with Sylvester Williams on the rise ... Richardson could end up being the 4th or 5th DT taken. I say a prime spot to get him could be at 19 or 20.
Share 49ersWebzone