LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

sheldon richardson DT missouri

is anyone on this guy's wagon? i've been watching his cut ups on youtube, full games. the guy is DOMINANT. i really liked tank carradine for us b4 but after watching sheldon richardson i think he's the guy we need to move up and get. he absolutely dominates the competition
This is one of the few players I would be ok with trading up to get. I think he fits our scheme perfectly.
Originally posted by cools:
He's on my wish list, but dont want to see the Niners give up too much to move up

i'm all for giving up the picks if he's going to be a star
Barrows has us giving up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to move up to 12 for him. Not sure if I agree with that.
I just read that too. I'd love to have him in red and gold but I don't think we'd have to move up that far to get him. Maybe his stock has risen that far I'm not sure but dang thats a hefty price to pay for a 3-4 DE! Also, if the Rams end up with Kenny Vaccaro, and Tavon Austin I'll throw up on draft day for sure!!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Apr 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM ]
Wow my post above was NOT typed out like that. LOL WTF
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Apr 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:

After posting twice, I just figured that what I write is not what everyone else sees.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

After posting twice, I just figured that what I write is not what everyone else sees.

Ok thanks> I thought I was losing my mind.
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Barrows has us giving up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to move up to 12 for him. Not sure if I agree with that.

hefty price...but i'd pay if that's what it takes.

i don't know, the more vids i watch of this guy the more dominant he looks. reminds me of warren sapp
One of my favorite prospects in this draft and probably the only one I'd consider moving up for. However, it'll cost A LOT to move up to get him, especially because teams like Carolina and Dallas, who need help at the position as well, will be looking for a ransom amount for that pick.

I think we're better off moving up just a few spots to secure Jesse Williams than jumping up to the middle of the first to get Richardson. Richardson is the better pass rusher, no doubt, but Williams is more versatile...we could get a pass rushing DE later.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I think we're better off moving up just a few spots to secure Jesse Williams than jumping up to the middle of the first to get Richardson. Richardson is the better pass rusher, no doubt, but Williams is more versatile...we could get a pass rushing DE later.

One that is stout enough to play the run as a 3-4 DE too? I think not. We need an every-down player. Outside of Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, and Datone Jones... I don't see anybody that could replace Justin Smith.

How is Jesse Williams more versatile? He's a solid player, no doubt. But he's a run stuffer... a very good one, but we need a consistent pass rushing DL. Justin Smith has 1 more year, and if he gets hurt, our defense sucks.
Tank Carradine and Brandon Williams will make up for not getting this guy. And we don't have to give up a load of picks
Originally posted by iLL49er:
is anyone on this guy's wagon? i've been watching his cut ups on youtube, full games. the guy is DOMINANT. i really liked tank carradine for us b4 but after watching sheldon richardson i think he's the guy we need to move up and get. he absolutely dominates the competition

Which games? I've been trying to buy into this kid but haven't been overly impressed by anything I've seen. Please help, I'd love to see what everyone is talking about
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'd love to see this guy in a niner uniform
Share 49ersWebzone