LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

Joseph Fauria TE, UCLA

The Niners need to improve their Red Zone efficiency. This guy had 12 TD his senior year, and 20 over his college career. At nearly 6'8", with long arms and huge hands, he is by definition, a big RZ target. If the Niners keep most of their later picks, I'd love to see them take a flier on this guy and see what he has to offer in TC.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's a very tall guy who has very good hands. He's polished and well schooled on fundamentals. But in now way does he look fast or super athletic to me. It would surprise me if he runs well at the combine.

He wasn't able to run at the combine (hip/groin issue), but he did run a 4.81 at his pro day in March, which would've put him ahead of Gavin Escobar (4.84) and just behind Zach Ertz (4.76). His 35" vertical would've put him in the top 5 for all TEs at the combine, which is pretty impressive for a guy who's 6'7", 260.
I could envision a career progression similar to Mercedes Lewis. Maybe a bit of a slow start, but could make significant contributions in time. I love the idea of Fauria lining up on 1st and 5 at the goal line.
As a UCLA fan, I watched a lot of this guy. He has great hands and reminds me a lot of the Saints Jimmy Graham. This would be a great weapon in the redzone.
Share 49ersWebzone