LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 185 users in the forums

Stephen Hill - 2 TD's today and 90 yards

I really dont care who has the better rookie season. If we had taken Hill at #30 he'd be on the bench right now like Jenkins is. I care more about Moss and Crabtree having better seasons than him.
Trolololol
The thought that perhaps "WE" shoulda drafted Hill crossed my mind as well... But this post???? WOW!!!!
Can't compare two players when one played & the other didn't. Plus it's been only one regular season game.
people also need to remember last year aldon smith didnt even start a game he only came in on dime packages and 3rd down scenarios even though we only carried 3 OLB

we have 6 WR ( 5 active) with 3 more proven and veteran WR on the team its expected we wont see much of him

next year though i think we willl i dont think we resign ginn
i suspect moss will retire even if he resigns he wont have a big role

and that automatically moves aj up the depth chart
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham aren't speedy receivers. AJ Jenkins plays much faster than both of them.

Kyle Williams isnt a Speedy reciever?...Really? He ran a 4.30 at his pro day. He's the fastest guy on the team besides Ginn and Moss. Not saying that Jenkins isnt fast, bcuz we all know he is, but dont say KW isnt Speedy.
I mean "C'mon Man"

I cant vouch much for Super Mario though

Running a pro day 40 without pads on means absolutely nothing. Jason Hill ran a 4.32 at the combine but didn't play up to that speed at all. Kyle seems more quick than anything. I think Randy Moss can accelerate a lot faster than both at his age.
Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham aren't speedy receivers. AJ Jenkins plays much faster than both of them.

Kyle Williams isnt a Speedy reciever?...Really? He ran a 4.30 at his pro day. He's the fastest guy on the team besides Ginn and Moss. Not saying that Jenkins isnt fast, bcuz we all know he is, but dont say KW isnt Speedy.
I mean "C'mon Man"

Running a pro day 40 without pads on means absolutely nothing. Jason Hill ran a 4.32 at the combine but didn't play up to that speed at all. Kyle seems more quick than anything. I think Randy Moss can accelerate a lot faster than both at his age.

Kyle ran in the 4.41 range I believe at the combine. Pro day results are misleading. Indoors on a fast rubber track with track shoes is often how they are conducted. The surface and shoes are totally different. Plus their is a "home field advantage." They know how to "game" their own track since they have been practicing on it. The combine compares an equal to equal surface.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
while our 2 top picks are inactive on game days. good job drafting baalke
Originally posted by susweel:

did you know aldon didnt even start a game last year

he only came in on 3rd downs and dime packages despite us carrying only 3 OLB including aldon

that should tell you somehting

sorry to say this but you are so slow you dont think before you judge
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he only came in on 3rd downs and dime packages despite us carrying only 3 OLB including aldon

Starting, playing, being active, and inactive are all a bit different. Although Aldon didn't start, he did play in every game and was always active. Jenkins was active but didn't see the field once, James was completely inactive.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I was joking
All this means is we are the deepest team in the nfl. I'm sure a lot of teams would love to be able to let their top 2 picks sit early. Those two will play and become big a big part of our team. Building for the future.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I mean "C'mon Man"

Kyle ran in the 4.41 range I believe at the combine. Pro day results are misleading. Indoors on a fast rubber track with track shoes is often how they are conducted. The surface and shoes are totally different. Plus their is a "home field advantage." They know how to "game" their own track since they have been practicing on it. The combine compares an equal to equal surface.

he ran a 4.36 at the combine but I will admit that it wasnt the official time. I agree, he is more quick than fast but my point is just that saying he isnt speedy is just not true.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I mean "C'mon Man"

he ran a 4.36 at the combine but I will admit that it wasnt the official time. I agree, he is more quick than fast but my point is just that saying he isnt speedy is just not true.

His official times were in the 4.4 range. He's fast but not that fast. Unofficial doesn't matter. He is more quick than fast. And actually a pretty good player despite last year.

I mean "C'mon Man"

Jason Hill also sucked, Morgan was better, he wanted the ball more. Hill got poked in the eye and missed a slant!
Share 49ersWebzone