There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 2 Games to Watch Prospect List

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Graham starting to resemble his old self

That play was wild, eh? Stewart barely missed him coming around the edge (looks like he has 4.5 speed), and the QB just stepped in a little and flicked it out on his way to the ground.
Final Notes

Pitt
-Graham shows some burts, but is not the same player, not seeing that much out of him. He just isn't he same back
-OG Chris Jacobsen is nothing special, 2 bad penalties
-OG RYan Schlieper looked good, possible late rounder
-DT Aaron Donald is definately a prospect, probably a mid rounder now with a good chance to improve. Only a Junior but he looks like a man amongst boys out there, constantly shooting the gap even though he is the biggest lineman, takes on double teams effortlessly

Cincy
-RB Abernathy is a sophmore, but he is a Darren Sproles clone. A name to remember
-DE/OLB Stewart should be put ony our 3-4 D watch lists. Shows great burst off the line to beat the OT to the outside, plays the run well
-QB Munchie has some promise, but he has a bad throwing motion that leads to inconsistency and inaccuracy. But he is a smart player, I'll be interested to see what he can do next season with some off-season throwing mechanic work
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM ]
Sundevil becoming a mini maddog. Keep up the work.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Sundevil becoming a mini maddog. Keep up the work.

hah, not like that. There are a lot of good eyes for talent on here that don't post much.

Oldman49er probably had the same thoughts I did watching the Cincy-Pitt game, like he knew of Stewart before the game started and he was a new player for me.
this years WR talent is amaing so many elite prospects

robert woods
keenen allen
justin hunter

all are better prospects than blackmon last year

marquees wilson aslo has an elite skill set and they are many other good to great players

i hope we pick up someone in 2nd round because with so much talent at the position someone will drop... especially if randy moss makes a huge precense harbaugh may feel compelled to get a big bodied WR


that being said if goldson doesnt get long term contract (i dont think he does) we should look up some FS personally i will watch rambo and mcdonald eric reid
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this years WR talent is amaing so many elite prospects

robert woods
keenen allen
justin hunter

all are better prospects than blackmon last year

marquees wilson aslo has an elite skill set and they are many other good to great players

i hope we pick up someone in 2nd round because with so much talent at the position someone will drop... especially if randy moss makes a huge precense harbaugh may feel compelled to get a big bodied WR


that being said if goldson doesnt get long term contract (i dont think he does) we should look up some FS personally i will watch rambo and mcdonald eric reid

dont foreget we could lose both NT's...will only have 2 OLB's back....have 0 backup OT's....could lost both backup ILB's....if Kilgore starts have 0 backup C.

we will need a lot this year
Originally posted by jreff22:
dont foreget we could lose both NT's...will only have 2 OLB's back....have 0 backup OT's....could lost both backup ILB's....if Kilgore starts have 0 backup C.

we will need a lot this year

true

we just need depth though

really matters on Fa and who we resign

im really hoping we pick up another great pass rusher in first 2 rounds never could have too many of those and they are some great ones i this draft class
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jreff22:
dont foreget we could lose both NT's...will only have 2 OLB's back....have 0 backup OT's....could lost both backup ILB's....if Kilgore starts have 0 backup C.

we will need a lot this year

true

we just need depth though

really matters on Fa and who we resign

im really hoping we pick up another great pass rusher in first 2 rounds never could have too many of those and they are some great ones i this draft class

But we need good depth. If Boone stays at OG the idea of moving him around needs to stop and a new backup needs to be brought in....I dont want that kid being a 6-7th rounder like Person who got cut, we need to invest in quality.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this years WR talent is amaing so many elite prospects

robert woods
keenen allen
justin hunter

all are better prospects than blackmon last year

marquees wilson aslo has an elite skill set and they are many other good to great players

i hope we pick up someone in 2nd round because with so much talent at the position someone will drop... especially if randy moss makes a huge precense harbaugh may feel compelled to get a big bodied WR


that being said if goldson doesnt get long term contract (i dont think he does) we should look up some FS personally i will watch rambo and mcdonald eric reid

dont foreget we could lose both NT's...will only have 2 OLB's back....have 0 backup OT's....could lost both backup ILB's....if Kilgore starts have 0 backup C.

we will need a lot this year

Yeah, I get that every body is wrapped up in our current season (hell I'm super excited!!!! Bring home a Super Bowl!). But at the same time, we have to have a great draft to keep up longevity of success. Our salary cap is pushed almost to the limit which ties our hands in FA.

My boss is actually in the office crawling up my ass, so I'm gonna miss the first half of the Utah game Sorry boys, no game reports until the 2nd half.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,379
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this years WR talent is amaing so many elite prospects

robert woods
keenen allen
justin hunter

all are better prospects than blackmon last year

marquees wilson aslo has an elite skill set and they are many other good to great players

i hope we pick up someone in 2nd round because with so much talent at the position someone will drop... especially if randy moss makes a huge precense harbaugh may feel compelled to get a big bodied WR


that being said if goldson doesnt get long term contract (i dont think he does) we should look up some FS personally i will watch rambo and mcdonald eric reid

dont foreget we could lose both NT's...will only have 2 OLB's back....have 0 backup OT's....could lost both backup ILB's....if Kilgore starts have 0 backup C.

we will need a lot this year

Yeah, I get that every body is wrapped up in our current season (hell I'm super excited!!!! Bring home a Super Bowl!). But at the same time, we have to have a great draft to keep up longevity of success. Our salary cap is pushed almost to the limit which ties our hands in FA.

My boss is actually in the office crawling up my ass, so I'm gonna miss the first half of the Utah game Sorry boys, no game reports until the 2nd half.

you're not missing a lot. lotulelei looks great, Christopher solid but the Utes Right Tackle is getting abused, OLB blew by him and lit up Jordan Wynn, hurting his throwing shoulder and the backup or last years starter is now in.


my opinion - not to be taken very seriously since I'm a Ute fan

Joe Kruger with a big strip sack that the Utes recovered. Later he gave up a huge free play with an offsides penalty - next play after the penalty he was held and threw a punch in retaliation, refs only noticed his punch and he was ejected.

Star has been someone ineffective but come up big at certain points. Saw a stat line earlier right around half time that said he had 2 tackles 1 sack and 1 Forced Fumble. Technique-wise he looks like a top 15 pick as expected.

DeVonte Christopher with 6 catches for 56 yards so far.

Again I'm biased but I think Sellwood has an NFL caliber punt.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 7, 2012 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
you're not missing a lot. lotulelei looks great, Christopher solid but the Utes Right Tackle is getting abused, OLB blew by him and lit up Jordan Wynn, hurting his throwing shoulder and the backup or last years starter is now in.


my opinion - not to be taken very seriously since I'm a Ute fan

Joe Kruger with a big strip sack that the Utes recovered. Later he gave up a huge free play with an offsides penalty - next play after the penalty he was held and threw a punch in retaliation, refs only noticed his punch and he was ejected.

Star has been someone ineffective but come up big at certain points. Saw a stat line earlier right around half time that said he had 2 tackles 1 sack and 1 Forced Fumble. Technique-wise he looks like a top 15 pick as expected.

DeVonte Christopher with 6 catches for 56 yards so far.

Again I'm biased but I think Sellwood has an NFL caliber punt.

Star looks like a 1st rounder.

DeVonte Christopher wasn't impressive.

Utah's sophmore WR Scott was impressive, great looking 6-3 WR that can go up and get the ball. Don't understand at all why they did not go to him in OT....

Chuckie Keaton, QB for Utah State, will be a guy to keep a watch on.

Not impressed by either RB.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Graham starting to resemble his old self

I don't think he's play at 100% yet. I'd honestly put him at about 80%. He flashes his potential but you can tell he's not all the way back. It takes at least a full year to get back to where you once are after a knee injury. They didn't even know if he'd play versus Youngstown state.

http://mobile.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/8/22/3260940/ray-graham-injury-status-pittsburgh-football

Link says he's still recovering.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Star looks like a 1st rounder.

DeVonte Christopher wasn't impressive.

Utah's sophmore WR Scott was impressive, great looking 6-3 WR that can go up and get the ball. Don't understand at all why they did not go to him in OT....

Chuckie Keaton, QB for Utah State, will be a guy to keep a watch on.

Not impressed by either RB.

he could easily be #1 pick in draft interms of talent

if we can somehow get him as our NT that would be amazing best DL in nfl history maybe
Johnthan Banks.... Mississippi State.. liked him lots when I thought he was declaring last season. May need to look at CB again... Rogers is getting old... Brown will likely demand more money than he's worth... like Culliver.. but draft for the future.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Johnthan Banks.... Mississippi State.. liked him lots when I thought he was declaring last season. May need to look at CB again... Rogers is getting old... Brown will likely demand more money than he's worth... like Culliver.. but draft for the future.

lol, just switched over to the NC State game. First play Amerson makes a game winning interception