LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Week 2 Games to Watch Prospect List

Quick Week 1 Summary: RB Le'Veon Bell* and S Kenny Ladler* rise quite a bit on my list. QB Logan slides and QB Rodgers is all but off my list.

THURSDAY
PItt at Cincinatti 5pm PST ESPN
Pittsburgh
-RB Ray Graham
-S Jared Holloway
-OG Chris Jacobsen
-DT Aaron Donald

Cincinatti
-S Drew Frey
-WR Anthony McClung
-P Patt O'Donnell

Really Graham, Holloway and Frey are the true prospects. The rest of them really got to show a lot to get into consideration.

FRIDAY
Utah at Utah State 5pm ESPN 2
Utah
-DT Star Lotulelei
-RB John White IV
-OG Sam Brenner
-WR DeVonte Christopher
-DL Joe Kruger
-DL Dave Kruger
-CB Ryan Lacy

Utah State
-RB Kerwynn Williams
-C Tyler Larsen
-WR Matt Austin

SATURDAY
UCF at Ohio State, ESPN 2 at 9AM
UCF
-DT E.J. Dunston
-S Kemal Ishmael

Ohio State
-DT Jonathan Hankins
-DE John Simon
-TE Jake Stoneburner

USC v. Syracuse, ESPN at Noon
USC
-QB Matt Barkley
-S T.J. McDonald
-C Khaled Holmes
-RB Silas Redd
-WR Robert Woods
-CB Nickell Robey

Syracuse
-QB Ryan Nassib
-WR Marcus Sales

Washington at LSU 4pm
Washington
-QB Keith Price
-CB Desmond Trufant
-OG Drew Schaefer

LSU
-DE/OLB Barkevous Mingo
DE/OLB Sam Montgomery
-FS Eric Reid
-ILB Kevin Minter
-OT Alex Hurst
-OT Chris Faulk - out with injury for season....
-DT Bennie Logan
-OG Josh Williford
-RB Alfred Blue

LSU has only 3 senior starters.....Their Junior class (last years sophmore class) is truly one of the most loaded classes in recent history. Hust is the only senior on my list, all the rest are juniors.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM ]
Le'Veon Bell was very impressive in wk.1, after splitting time with Edwin Baker the last 2 years, you can see he's ready to be "the Man" this year. 44 carries for 210 and 2 tds was great, but what impressed me was his agility for his 6'2/245 frame. The hurdling the BSU defender was crazy! Also showed he can catch the ball (6 catches I believe it was) and I saw him recognize the blitz and pick up the defender in pass protection. He's looking like a great all around back. He's quickly rising up my list as the RB I'd want to replace Jacobs next year and become our powerback of the future.

[ Edited by Travisty13 on Sep 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Le'Veon Bell was very impressive in wk.1, after splitting time with Edwin Baker the last 2 years, you can see he's ready to be "the Man" this year. 44 carries for 210 and 2 tds was great, but what impressed me was his agility for his 6'2/245 frame. The hurdling the BSU defender was crazy! Also showed he can catch the ball (6 catches I believe it was) and I saw him recognize the blitz and pick up the defender in pass protection. He's looking like a great all around back. He's quickly rising up my list as the RB I'd want to replace Jacobs next year and become our powerback of the future.

He'll be a top 10 pick along with Lattimore IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
SDN you're forgetting about Joe and Dave Kruger -- brothers of Paul Kruger. Kiper has them ranked 14th and 24th best DL respectively. Alson CB Ryan Lacy is ranked by him as the 14th best corner at the moment.

I know I'm a bit biased being a Ute fan but you can't include Brenner without including any of those 3
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
SDN you're forgetting about Joe and Dave Kruger -- brothers of Paul Kruger. Kiper has them ranked 14th and 24th best DL respectively. Alson CB Ryan Lacy is ranked by him as the 14th best corner at the moment.

I know I'm a bit biased being a Ute fan but you can't include Brenner without including any of those 3

I added them. But Lacy I think is too small (listed at 5-9). Dave Kruger I think looks better because he plays next to Star. Joe Kruger is a prospect but I think he won't really emerge until his senior year, but who knows, maybe he breaks out this year.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

He'll be a top 10 pick along with Lattimore IMO.

Top 10? Well personally I come from the draft school of thinking that no RB is worth a top 10.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bell. Before his Boise State game I said he was a darkhorse for heisman and I listed him as a breakout RB. If Lattimore keeps healthy, he is in a different league then Bell because of his potential break away speed. I'd probably put Lattimore in the #10-20 range and Bell in the #20-#30 range for picks at the moment. Andre Ellington is another guy to keep an eye out for, he runs a lot tougher then people realize.

Also, I watched some Auburn-Clemson (didn't catch the whole game), and DE #10 on Auburn, LaDarius Owens (a sophmore) looked like the best DE on the team. Actually he played more like an OLB at the DE spot, but he did a great job creating pressure and when he was out, Clemson could not run to his side. I love finding random guys when I'm like "wooo who the hell was that!" I thought it was the DE Levonnier or whatever, but checked the roster and it was someone else.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I added them. But Lacy I think is too small (listed at 5-9). Dave Kruger I think looks better because he plays next to Star. Joe Kruger is a prospect but I think he won't really emerge until his senior year, but who knows, maybe he breaks out this year.

Yea I agree about Joe and Dave but Lacy is still a playmaker for their secondary. I don't think Joe will declare unless he has monstrous games against the likes of USC, Oregon, etc.
Watchin the PItt-Cincy game. Pitt looks awful, Graham isn't the same player post-injury, might even fall completely off the draft board....

Cincy's D looks fast, constant penetration but honestly it seems like its more of Pittsburgh just being awful.

The bright spot so far:
Qb Muchie Legeux (sp?) Junior on Cincy is looking promising
DT Aaron Donald is a constant presense, commanding and collapsing 2-men
Mad that I expected this game to be on now instead of an hour ago. Has Walter Stewart made any plays or looked good?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Mad that I expected this game to be on now instead of an hour ago. Has Walter Stewart made any plays or looked good?

He looks great, had a sack I believe and is frequently beating the Tackle.

But like I said, its hard to tell if Pitt's line sucks this bad or Cincy's D-Line is that good.

Edit: On pass plays basically Stewart is doing the same move to the outside and beating the Tackle. Pitt tried to rotate the line to protect more on his side, Pitt's RB misses the audible call and doesn't pick up the Left DE who gets a free run on QB...its that type of play by Pitt in this game.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM ]

But like I said, its hard to tell if Pitt's line sucks this bad or Cincy's D-Line is that good.

Yeah, understood... thanks for the info. Gonna try to get into this one, but really HATE when I catch a game late. It's like opening a book on chapter 5 and trying to get into the groove of the story.

Yeah, understood... thanks for the info. Gonna try to get into this one, but really HATE when I catch a game late. It's like opening a book on chapter 5 and trying to get into the groove of the story.

You'll notice they've run a TON of plays on this drive to nullify Stewart's impact

You'll notice they've run a TON of plays on this drive to nullify Stewart's impact

He made a nice leg tackle just now... thought he was gonna miss him there for a sec. Seems pretty stout vs the run... so far.
He blew by that RT like nothing on that 3rd down pass play... lol.
He blew by that RT like nothing on that 3rd down pass play... lol.

yeah, lol. He has been doing that pretty consistently
Graham starting to resemble his old self
Share 49ersWebzone