There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft picks 2013

  • eman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 43
With the cutting of josh Johnson and cartwright, I was wondering... How many draft picks do we have for 2013?
We also got a 7th rounder for Colin jones....
12 I think

Jones is a pick in 2014
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,363
We have our 7 picks plus

3rd Carolina (2012 draft day trade)
5th Indianapolis (2012 draft day trade)
6th Miami (2012 draft day trade)
7th Cincinnati (Taylor Mays)


We also get a 7th Carolina (Colin Jones), but in 2014 not 2013.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 1, 2012 at 6:11 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
We have our 7 picks plus

3rd Carolina (2012 draft day trade)
5th Indianapolis (2012 draft day trade)
6th Miami (2012 draft day trade)
7th Cincinnati (Taylor Mays)


We also get a 7th Carolina (Colin Jones), but in 2014 not 2013.

Locked and loaded for next years draft
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,308
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by buck:
We have our 7 picks plus

3rd Carolina (2012 draft day trade)
5th Indianapolis (2012 draft day trade)
6th Miami (2012 draft day trade)
7th Cincinnati (Taylor Mays)


We also get a 7th Carolina (Colin Jones), but in 2014 not 2013.

Locked and loaded for next years draft

Seeing how 2 of our picks this year didnt make the roster and next years FAs are so slim (we have potential replacements for most spots already on the roster or hopefully the PS) then I would hope we move up and acquire 5-6 players in the rounds 1-4 and really focus on highly productive players.
  • eman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 43
True true.....!

We will be awesome for years to come!

But I was also thinking, we were standing to gain two draft picks this year as compensation for free agents lost. that was despite gaining Cartwright and Johnson... But now that we didn't retain them, does that mean we get two extra 7's? Or a 6?
Originally posted by eman:
True true.....!

We will be awesome for years to come!

But I was also thinking, we were standing to gain two draft picks this year as compensation for free agents lost. that was despite gaining Cartwright and Johnson... But now that we didn't retain them, does that mean we get two extra 7's? Or a 6?

Current gain and losses are:

Gained;

Mario Manningham

Lost;

Joshua Morgan
Blake Costanzo
Adam Snyder

Manningham will cancel out Morgan, so Snyder and Costanzo will count for us to get 2 picks. Depending on playing time it is unknown what rounds. Possibly a 5th and 7th. Snyder signed a good sized 5yr deal.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by eman:
True true.....!

We will be awesome for years to come!

But I was also thinking, we were standing to gain two draft picks this year as compensation for free agents lost. that was despite gaining Cartwright and Johnson... But now that we didn't retain them, does that mean we get two extra 7's? Or a 6?

Current gain and losses are:

Gained;

Mario Manningham

Lost;

Joshua Morgan
Blake Costanzo
Adam Snyder

Manningham will cancel out Morgan, so Snyder and Costanzo will count for us to get 2 picks. Depending on playing time it is unknown what rounds. Possibly a 5th and 7th. Snyder signed a good sized 5yr deal.
I assume the Randy Moss and Perrish Cox signings don't count since both were out of the league last year?
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by eman:
True true.....!

We will be awesome for years to come!

But I was also thinking, we were standing to gain two draft picks this year as compensation for free agents lost. that was despite gaining Cartwright and Johnson... But now that we didn't retain them, does that mean we get two extra 7's? Or a 6?

Current gain and losses are:

Gained;

Mario Manningham

Lost;

Joshua Morgan
Blake Costanzo
Adam Snyder

Manningham will cancel out Morgan, so Snyder and Costanzo will count for us to get 2 picks. Depending on playing time it is unknown what rounds. Possibly a 5th and 7th. Snyder signed a good sized 5yr deal.
I assume the Randy Moss and Perrish Cox signings don't count since both were out of the league last year?

Correct. Also Jacobs too, since he was cut by NYG. Only players who ended up as UFAs after season with a team.
Wow, the number could go to 13 picks next year?
Originally posted by ninergold:
Wow, the number could go to 13 picks next year?

Yep, I am rooting for Snyder, so we get a higher pick comp wise. Possibly a 4th or 5th would be nice. If 4th we would have 2 picks in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds, plus another comp pick, likely another 7th.
  • eman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 43
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Current gain and losses are:

Gained;

Mario Manningham

Lost;

Joshua Morgan
Blake Costanzo
Adam Snyder

Manningham will cancel out Morgan, so Snyder and Costanzo will count for us to get 2 picks. Depending on playing time it is unknown what rounds. Possibly a 5th and 7th. Snyder signed a good sized 5yr deal.


AB>> you rock buddy!
I'm hoping Snyder plays well so it could be 4th round pick
Also, I think Madieu Williams was a free agent too and made the redskins cut..
So that would mean 3 picks right?
maybe by sheer luck Chilo will do well for the Bears and we can get another pick from him?
  • eman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 43
I forgot Chilo Rachal...
So net according to my count

Gain: manningham
Loss: Snyder, Morgan, costanzo, madieu, rachal

That is net 4 losses... Now usually only 32 comp picks are awarded annually
Madeau and rachal signed for vet minimum, so I doubt we get value for those losses

Realistically at best a 4th and 7th at worst 5 and 7


AB, what do u think?
[ Edited by eman on Sep 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM ]
Originally posted by eman:
I forgot Chilo Rachal...
So net according to my count

Gain: manningham
Loss: Snyder, Morgan, costanzo, madieu, rachal

That is net 4 losses... Now usually only 32 comp picks are awarded annually
Madeau and rachal signed for vet minimum, so I doubt we get value for those losses

Realistically at best a 4th and 7th at worst 5 and 7


AB, what do u think?

Sounds right. Usually vet minimum guys dont count, but could if play really well, so root for Rachal and Madieu.
...