There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Look at CB's in 13

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a804b4/article/david-amerson-tyrann-mathieu-among-top-college-cornerbacks?module=HP11_content_stream

What do you all think.
could be wrong but i think we're stacked at corner. t brock was playing well and actually beat out cully in camp. even had 2 picks before he got hurt. Think D line or safety might be the focus
Not saying we should/would take one.

Just looking for opinions on those players.

Really bored and though I'd get some feedback during this WAY too long off season.
very very good class this year especially the elite top end prospects

next years class has great RB top end WR (really one of most stacked interms of great prospects) CB, S, and OT depth
have a list here
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/165555-2013-prospect-watch-list/page2/
Originally posted by jreff22:
have a list here
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/165555-2013-prospect-watch-list/page2/

THIS.
Originally posted by sean610:
could be wrong but i think we're stacked at corner. t brock was playing well and actually beat out cully in camp. even had 2 picks before he got hurt. Think D line or safety might be the focus

I wouldn't call us stacked at corner
yea we arent stacked at CB but we are very comfortable. i think we will use a 2-5 rd pick next yr on a CB.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'm very happy with our corners. The secondary reminds me of the Tim Mckyer/Don Griffin years...a couple of "no names" that quietly go about dominating all the WR's out there. the first week against the fudge packers will test our talent...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I would only take David Amerson if we had an opportunity at any of those. Amerson could get looks at CB or S and I'd love to have him in at CB to cover Fitz, Rice, and even Brian Quick(assuming he starts lol) in STL.

Not sure why we'd take one though, with Cully expected to surpass Rogers if he keeps developing, T. Brown wont even be an FA for another 2 or 3 years. They'd have to be strictly BPA for us to take any of these guys in the 1st next year.
Originally posted by sfout:
I would only take David Amerson if we had an opportunity at any of those. Amerson could get looks at CB or S and I'd love to have him in at CB to cover Fitz, Rice, and even Brian Quick(assuming he starts lol) in STL.

Not sure why we'd take one though, with Cully expected to surpass Rogers if he keeps developing, T. Brown wont even be an FA for another 2 or 3 years. They'd have to be strictly BPA for us to take any of these guys in the 1st next year.

hes a top 5 pick
Originally posted by sfout:

Agree. Only want Amerson if we moved up to get him. He should be a top 5 pick for sure.
I'd say CB is definitely our weak spot on D and I'd be all for drafting one of those guys. What gives me worries about this upcoming season is that our DB's will be exposed as average...
We have Rogers for 4 more years... Culliver for 3 years.... Tarell Brown and Cox for 2 and Brock for 1 more year

I expect good things from Cox and Brock. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them becomes our 3rd CB when Culliver takes over for possibly Brown (if he leaves in a few years). If not than we are set imo for at least a few more years. If Cox and Brock play as well as I think they will we should have a very solid group top to bottom. Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock. Depending on how Cox and Brock do we might not need to look at CBs again next year. If both struggle than I say go for it in the mid rounds. We will have other bigger needs if our top 3 perform the way they did last year.

Edit: I guess it depends on how the offense does. If they don't improve I look at spending early picks on the offense again. Maybe even another WR or an OL. If they do well and keep up with the defense maybe we can go with a luxury pick early. Someone to eventually replace an aging vet or another corner just to fight with our solid corner group. Also, like I said a lot depends on how the unknowns in Cox and Brock play but not only that will there be a let down from Rogers, Brown or Culliver?

Sorry, I haven't studied those guys enough to give you an opinion on them but above was my general opinion on possibly drafting a CB next year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM ]
Thanks for the excellent input!