There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Curious, why no SEC draftees or UDFA's?

• Ether
  • Veteran
Because picking a player based purely on what conference he plays in is silly.
Cause they all got drafted, lol
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
I wished so hard for the Niners to pick Alshon Jeffery that it backfired and they didn't pick anyone else from the SEC at all.

Be glad they didn't.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I wished so hard for the Niners to pick Alshon Jeffery that it backfired and they didn't pick anyone else from the SEC at all.

Be glad they didn't.
I believe Alshon has the potential to be the best of all the receivers picked in this draft but time will tell whether he is the super talented WR I watched at USC or the slow overweight potential bust that some others see him as.
Time will tell.

I remember that most teams except 2, the Niners and Cowboys, thought thet Jerry Rice had the potential he had.

The bottom line, IMO, is there may have been many more talented WR than JR BUT nobody but nobody out worked him. Talent +hard work + excellent coaching + fantastic.

I hope Rice mentors AJ and they hit the hill together.
OK, it looks like the 17th UDFA signed (24th rookie overall for the Niners) is a CB from Kentucky. I guess that 1 of 24 is enough SEC for the club this year. So be it.
I believe Alshon has the potential to be the best of all the receivers picked in this draft but time will tell whether he is the super talented WR I watched at USC or the slow overweight potential bust that some others see him as.

+1
Originally posted by jimbagg:
OK, it looks like the 17th UDFA signed (24th rookie overall for the Niners) is a CB from Kentucky. I guess that 1 of 24 is enough SEC for the club this year. So be it.

glad your wish didnt come true
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

glad your wish didnt come true

I have no issue with Jeffery, wouldn't of minded him at 30, like him much more than Randle. Of course depends on which weight class we get with Jeffery.
too dumb for the west coast offense
really?