There are 206 users in the forums

MadDog's Niners Draft Grade and Analysis for 2012 NFL Draft

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Thus my point for years, Imagine if Baalke would have actually helped Harbaugh during that super bowl window 2012-2014 and drafted and or replenished. He didn't help with the oline, wr nor Cowboys replacement just Tank Carradine and the All Acl Crew. Our defense was worn down with no bench help. The infusion of talent just wasn't there. We needed that bench.

He did absolutely nothing to help the cause. In four years Harbaugh created a loaded roster in an non-backstabbing atmosphere.

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch could create a loaded roster too if all they had to do was recruit the top players and not worry about salary cap or the draft.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Thus my point for years, Imagine if Baalke would have actually helped Harbaugh during that super bowl window 2012-2014 and drafted and or replenished. He didn't help with the oline, wr nor Cowboys replacement just Tank Carradine and the All Acl Crew. Our defense was worn down with no bench help. The infusion of talent just wasn't there. We needed that bench.

He did absolutely nothing to help the cause. In four years Harbaugh created a loaded roster in an non-backstabbing atmosphere.

Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch could create a loaded roster too if all they had to do was recruit the top players and not worry about salary cap or the draft.

We would have won our 6th ring if we didn't coddle a bum who knew nothing about his job?

The guy who couldn't draft and do his job is the one that got us in this hole we are in.. When you draft garbage for years.. guess what you become garbage..

Self inflicted wounds.. It's going to take John Lynch and Shanny a couple more years to get where we wana be.

Unfortunately due to incompetence and arrogance.. Which to me is no excuse as an organization.

One guy had a track record, the other got an employee of the year sticker. Guess who we choose. The moron and boy are we paying for that dumb decision.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 14, 2018 at 11:15 AM ]
We would have won our 6th ring if we didn't coddle a bum who knew nothing about his job?

The guy who couldn't draft and do his job is the one that got us in this hole we are in.. When you draft garbage for years.. guess what you become garbage..

Self inflicted wounds.. It's going to take John Lynch and Shanny a couple more years to get where we wana be.

Unfortunately due to incompetence and arrogance.. Which to me is no excuse as an organization.

One guy had a track record, the other got an employee of the year sticker. Guess who we choose. The moron and boy are we paying for that dumb decision.

Because Harbaugh can recruit in college has no bearing on his personnel acumen in the NFL. Lombardi has already shown himself to be a failure and any other real GM wouldn't want to deal with Jim's antics. We are better off with what we have now.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jul 14, 2018 at 12:05 PM ]

Because Harbaugh can recruit in college has no bearing on his personnel acumen in the NFL. Lombardi has already shown himself to be a failure and any other real GM wouldn't want to deal with Jim's antics. We are better off with what we have now.

You forget his track record in college carried over to the nfl, 44-19-1 as well as having the best 3 year tenure in the nfl and gambling on Alex Smith who everyone gave up on.

At the time there was a decision. It was the wrong decision.

If you call 3 coaches later and a depleted roster a success handed over to a coach and gm that asked for 6 year contracts, than I don't know who you cheering for?

You don't make a 4 year project into a 10 year project and say oh we are better off because people couldn't get pass their arrogance. It's convenient but It didn't have to be a 10 year project if coddling wasn't involved. People's arrogance made it into a 10 year project.

Arrogance is what lead us here, continued blind faith in a guy who decimated this roster and replaced it with an All Acl Crew.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 14, 2018 at 12:35 PM ]
You forget his track record in college carried over to the nfl, 44-19-1 as well as having the best 3 year tenure in the nfl and gambling on Alex Smith who everyone gave up on.

At the time there was a decision. It was the wrong decision.

If you call 3 coaches later and a depleted roster a success handed over to a coach and gm that asked for 6 year contracts, than I don't know who you cheering for?

You don't make a 4 year project into a 10 year project and say oh we are better off because people couldn't get pass their arrogance. It's convenient but It didn't have to be a 10 year project if coddling wasn't involved. People's arrogance made it into a 10 year project.

Arrogance is what lead us here, continued blind faith in a guy who decimated this roster and replaced it with an All Acl Crew.

His track record in college means nothing about evaluating talent on the nfl level. Nothing. It didn't carry over to the pros because he wasn't calling the shots on the player personnel side. He can coach. No one is denying that. But there are plenty of coaches that failed trying to do the personnel and coach thing.

A wildly successful triple A manager isn't qualified to be a baseball GM just because he had success at triple A and in the pros as a Manager.

If the 9ers make the playoffs this year how is it a 10 year project? I know you really badly want them to fail so you can continue your narrative but what happens if they are successful?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jul 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM ]
His track record in college means nothing about evaluating talent on the nfl level. Nothing. It didn't carry over to the pros because he wasn't calling the shots on the player personnel side. He can coach. No one is denying that. But there are plenty of coaches that failed trying to do the personnel and coach thing.

A wildly successful triple A manager isn't qualified to be a baseball GM just because he had success at triple A and in the pros as a Manager.

If the 9ers make the playoffs this year how is it a 10 year project? I know you really badly want them to fail so you can continue your narrative but what happens if they are successful?

If? We are not a playoff team yet dude, not because I don't want them to be, conveniently you still trying to push your narrative and not accept the facts.

I'm a realist and hold no allegiance to baalke nor Harbaugh but I was here when the lame excuses came for a guy that decimated our roster and it seems you continue to be in denial that it was a mistake... Remember when people say let's wait and see how long Harbaugh last in college?

When a whole draft class is not in the nfl and you draft Acl patients, you must take a step back. It doesn't take a nostradamus to realize what state the team will be
in the years to come without talent..

The ghost of baalke still lingers and jeds tactics trying to erase history still lingers I see. Everyone in the country knows what a mistake it was yet only the last die hard fans still making excuses. So by your statement, staying with baalke was the right decision? This blind faith way of thinking is what lead to our demise.

I said it was a mistake then and still say it now. Judging by baalkes draft success rate, the hot dog guy at the stadium could have drafted better than him. It's not because of what i want... It's because when you draft a 0, 2013 draft..... It affects years later. It's really common sense but common sense is not too common when protecting someone that destroyed this franchise is a priority..

I know not looking at facts is easy and saying this is what I want is much simpler than just admitting baalke failed miserably year in and year out.

Playoffs??

"People see what they want to see"
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 14, 2018 at 6:03 PM ]
Maybe in a different realm baalke actually did his job? Who knows? but not this one nor am I going to pretend he did.

In this realm everyone in niner land must accept he made a whole draft class disappeared from the nfl and gave us the All Acl Crew like the rest of the country quickly saw that mistake.

I wasn't the guy drafting nor am I still making excuses for the guy who was kryptonite to this organization.

What experience John Lynch had prior to this job that validates the GM hire? So there goes you're narrative...

I like John Lynch and Shanny but I will not pretend they don't have a pile of s**t to clean up either, left behind by the teflon baalkster or St baalke who does no wrong around here.

I never seen someone who has caused so much damage to an organization and receives all the excuses in the world?
But then again we are living in a world where they fire good workers and keep the kiss asses. Baalke played Jed like a fiddle..

I guess it's baalke > 49ers at all costs for some?
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 14, 2018 at 6:09 PM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Coming from the guy who wanted JJ Watt over Aldon Smith, yeah, lost your credibility a long time ago. D's and F's for the first 2 picks? lmao
If? We are not a playoff team yet dude, not because I don't want them to be, conveniently you still trying to push your narrative and not accept the facts.

I'm a realist and hold no allegiance to baalke nor Harbaugh but I was here when the lame excuses came for a guy that decimated our roster and it seems you continue to be in denial that it was a mistake... Remember when people say let's wait and see how long Harbaugh last in college?

When a whole draft class is not in the nfl and you draft Acl patients, you must take a step back. It doesn't take a nostradamus to realize what state the team will be
in the years to come without talent..

The ghost of baalke still lingers and jeds tactics trying to erase history still lingers I see. Everyone in the country knows what a mistake it was yet only the last die hard fans still making excuses. So by your statement, staying with baalke was the right decision? This blind faith way of thinking is what lead to our demise.

I said it was a mistake then and still say it now. Judging by baalkes draft success rate, the hot dog guy at the stadium could have drafted better than him. It's not because of what i want... It's because when you draft a 0, 2013 draft..... It affects years later. It's really common sense but common sense is not too common when protecting someone that destroyed this franchise is a priority..

I know not looking at facts is easy and saying this is what I want is much simpler than just admitting baalke failed miserably year in and year out.

Playoffs??

"People see what they want to see"

Yet you push a narrative that we would be a playoff team right now with Harbaugh when you have no idea how he can do as the personnel guy. His record means nothing in regards to that. What he is doing at a Michigan means nothing. His record at Stanford with a team bereft of talent in 2007 suggest he would've struggled here too without top talent.

Mike Lombardi was the finalist with Baalke in 2011. If Lombardi gets the job based on his past history in his other stops this team would be talent bereft too.

I haven't said anything about Baalke. I have moved on from him and Harbaugh. Suggest you do the same.

This team will be in the mix for the playoffs. Whether they make it or not has a lot of factors.

What facts do you have that Harbaugh would be successful either with personnel control or with Mike Lombardi as his GM?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jul 14, 2018 at 6:29 PM ]
The right decision in 2014 in hindsight would've been to fire BOTH Harbaugh and Baalke and hire Shanny then. Should've moved on from both.

Yet you push a narrative that we would be a playoff team right now with Harbaugh when you have no idea how he can do as the personnel guy. His record means nothing in regards to that. What he is doing at a Michigan means nothing. His record at Stanford with a team bereft of talent in 2007 suggest he would've struggled here too without top talent.

Mike Lombardi was the finalist with Baalke in 2011. If Lombardi gets the job based on his past history in his other stops this team would be talent bereft too.

I haven't said anything about Baalke. I have moved on from him and Harbaugh. Suggest you do the same.

This team will be in the mix for the playoffs. Whether they make it or not has a lot of factors.

What facts do you have that Harbaugh would be successful either with personnel control or with Mike Lombardi as his GM?

Again what qualifications John Lynch had for this GM job? His broadcast gig?

When did I say we would be in the playoffs with Harbaugh?

There was a fork in the road and we went the wrong way, fired the wrong guy. You still think and are making a narrative as to why it was ok to fire Harbaugh and why we are ok now.

That's denying the facts. One was a cancer to this organization and the other turned this ship around and gambled on Alex Smith.

You are still making excuses why it was a good idea to keep the cancer and get rid of the one who truly helped this organization.

I'll ask again, What qualifications did John Lynch have coming into this GM job??? So staying with the cancer was ok because no one thought he would be a good gm at the same time letting the gm take days off on draft days
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM ]

There was a fork in the road and we went the wrong way, fired the wrong guy. You still think and are making a narrative as to why it was ok to fire Harbaugh and why we are ok now.

That's denying the facts. One was a cancer to this organization and the other turned this ship around and gambled on Alex Smith.

You are still making excuses why it was a good idea to keep the cancer and get rid of the one who truly helped this organization.

I'll ask again, What qualifications did John Lynch have coming into this GM job??? So staying with the cancer was ok because no one thought he would be a good gm at the same time letting the gm take days off on draft days

You can't argue my actual points so you argue against a narrative I never said.

Here is the reality. You want to believe so badly that firing Harbaugh was the biggest mistake ever that you fail to acknowledge his flaws. So much to the point that you seem to believe he would've righted the ship all on his own had Baalke not been there based on nothing but conjecture. If the 9ers don't make the playoffs in 2015 (and I don't believe they would have) he wouldn't have been extended anyway. The 9ers needed to move on from both.

The reality is York's mistake was keeping Baalke and hiring Tomsula. Had he just started fresh and hired Shanny or Gase the 9ers would've been in a better position. That was the mistake. He has rectified that mistake and now the 9ers are in position with a franchise qb to be good for a while.

John Lynch qualifications for GM are just like Harbaugh, non existent. But he was smart enough to get personnel guys around him that makes up for his shortcomings. Harbaugh would try to do it all himself or he'd bring Lombardi in to be the yes man who tells him what he wants to hear. I'd rather have Shanny/Lynch than Harbaugh/Lombardi going forward.
The ironic thing is the Niners got high grades for trading down, when the teams that traded up got TY Hillton and Lamar Miller, both great NFL players.

Trading down usually works out better for the team trading up. Historically. But then again the Niners had that figured out when they traded UP for Jerry Rice and Bryant Young

You can't argue my actual points so you argue against a narrative I never said.

Here is the reality. You want to believe so badly that firing Harbaugh was the biggest mistake ever that you fail to acknowledge his flaws. So much to the point that you seem to believe he would've righted the ship all on his own had Baalke not been there based on nothing but conjecture. If the 9ers don't make the playoffs in 2015 (and I don't believe they would have) he wouldn't have been extended anyway. The 9ers needed to move on from both.

The reality is York's mistake was keeping Baalke and hiring Tomsula. Had he just started fresh and hired Shanny or Gase the 9ers would've been in a better position. That was the mistake. He has rectified that mistake and now the 9ers are in position with a franchise qb to be good for a while.

John Lynch qualifications for GM are just like Harbaugh, non existent. But he was smart enough to get personnel guys around him that makes up for his shortcomings. Harbaugh would try to do it all himself or he'd bring Lombardi in to be the yes man who tells him what he wants to hear. I'd rather have Shanny/Lynch than Harbaugh/Lombardi going forward.

When did Harbaugh do it all himself? There was a power struggle and the only person not doing his job was the guy drafting. Were you a fan of the niners 9 years prior to Harbaugh? If you was then you would show a little more gratitude towards him.

No one said the guy was perfect, yet I wasn't the one here in denial praising a guy who destroyed the roster with Acl patients.

If I was a coach, I would have a problem. The false narrative started when the GM was coddled and protected.

In this day in age, we protect kiss asses and not hard workers or cerebral workers.

You are creating scenarios of what Harbaugh would have done forgetting out owner and gm as well as the fart machine were conspiring against him. The very same guy who turned Alex Smith into what he is now. A solid Qb.

The fact is Harbaugh gets the best out of his players and received no help from the gm in the draft room.

Yet people call me a homer when I respect what he did for us.

Only around here people think it was a good idea. Weird.. The rest of the country knows that was the biggest mistake in this franchise history.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 15, 2018 at 7:02 AM ]

Only Baalke fans would say these things. The real fans knows exactly what happened. The cat is out of the bag. Everyone knew and knows it was a mistake only a few here think it wasn't because they care more about the personal than the actual team. Everyone knows it was the dumbest mistake in this franchise history. It's no secret just the last of the last still trying to push their own narrative.. No one said Harbaugh was perfect.

That's all but in life we must admit to our mistakes or we will never move on or learn from the mistakes.

"49ers fans fly 'The House That Harbaugh Built' banner"
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/49ers-fans-fly-house-harbaugh-built-banner-over-levis-stadium

The fact is there's very few that think the way you do including players, media and the world. You are holding on to a false narrative.

Jim Harbaugh didn't get fired because of work performance, he got fired because he doesn't take any s**t from anyone especially a coddled gm who knew s**t in regards to his job..

The real fans loyal to the team knew what exactly what happened with king ACL and his puppet master Jed.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 15, 2018 at 7:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone