There are 123 users in the forums

MadDog's Niners Draft Grade and Analysis for 2012 NFL Draft

Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Coming from the guy who wanted JJ Watt over Aldon Smith, yeah, lost your credibility a long time ago. D's and F's for the first 2 picks? lmao

If you are going to give a guy s**t when he gets it wrong you can at least give him props when he gets it right. He was right on N. Davis, Rachal and Mays just for example.

I appreciate the time you put into this draft to share your thoughts and I realize that your opinions are just that opinions.

lol what are you his sidekick? gonna defend every post that doesnt like what we see?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Given (1) and (2), don't you think your grades are too low? You're projecting your own draft crush (DeCastro) onto what you think the 49ers should have done, but the 49ers did exactly what they set out to do. It's not like they botched their plan. They just didn't want the guys that we wanted them to want...

As a retired English major, I must commend you on a nice turn of phrase.
lol what are you his sidekick? gonna defend every post that doesnt like what we see?

Just being honest.

OTC and Maddog put a ton of work and effort into doing this. I appreciate it, and while I don't agree with some of his opinions I don't see the reason to be a dick about it either.

Just being honest.

OTC and Maddog put a ton of work and effort into doing this. I appreciate it, and while I don't agree with some of his opinions I don't see the reason to be a dick about it either.

That's Ninertalk for you.

I know, that is why for someone that has been here almost 6 years I don't post very often.

Just being honest.

Sorry if your feelings are hurt, Jeff.

I know, that is why for someone that has been here almost 6 years I don't post very often.

You don't post very often, but when you do, you prefer Maddog's thread.

Stay posting my friend.
Coming from the guy who wanted JJ Watt over Aldon Smith, yeah, lost your credibility a long time ago. D's and F's for the first 2 picks? lmao

If you are going to give a guy s**t when he gets it wrong you can at least give him props when he gets it right. He was right on N. Davis, Rachal and Mays just for example.

I appreciate the time you put into this draft to share your thoughts and I realize that your opinions are just that opinions.

Also, JJ Watt, is kind of awesome.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

It's all a matter of opinion though, so we'll see. If they really like him, it wouldn't shock me to see them let Goldson walk for big money in 2013.

But if he's anything like this (and to be honest, this was a game I didn't even catch, but was much like the others I watched of Robinson), he won't do much here.

I think the Niners will do everything humanly possible to sign Goldson to a multiyear contract, but not if it breaks the bank. I doubt they see Robinson as their future FS, but as a potentially valuable ST ace. Barring unforeseen circumstance, I think the positions they target early in next year's draft will be DL, TE, and S (unless there's a can't miss shutdown CB and they're willing to move Culliver to FS).
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Apr 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Also, JJ Watt, is kind of awesome.

Should've added, *not taking anything away from JJ

JJ Watt is a pretty great player. I don't think that's a very good example of getting it wrong. Sure, I think Aldon is better than JJ. But JJ is still a really good player and no one that liked him before the draft should feel ashamed of that.
Hey MadDog, your top 250 list was very good and was the list I ended up following for the final day
sadly I agree with most of your analysis
This forum works better when you criticize the content of the post, not the poster himself....it works even better when you add some degree of intelligence in your reply. Just saying.

Damn I'm glad he was so right about those guys. He was right about a retard, a fatass, and another overrated USC product
Share 49ersWebzone