Get dj holt!
DaJuan Cofield, RB, San Jose State
Jewel Hampton, RB, Southern Illinois

To the Niners according to NEPatriotsdraft
Originally posted by drake49er:
DaJuan Cofield, RB, San Jose State
Jewel Hampton, RB, Southern Illinois

To the Niners according to NEPatriotsdraft

Huge fan of Hampton. Think he's very underrated. Still a late-round talent, but has strong developmental potential.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Huge fan of Hampton. Think he's very underrated. Still a late-round talent, but has strong developmental potential.

Don't know too much about him other than what I just read. Potential is there but needs to stay healthly for a shot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dwight Jones C'mon Harbaugh!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
ILB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State - Signed by Cincinnati

They just don't stop signing these types of players.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
ILB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State - Signed by Cincinnati

They just don't stop signing these types of players.

Well...there is a low risk/high reward with him as a UDFA. I think it's a good move.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Cal michael calvin to the falcons!

Looks like he is going to the Texans

Jewel Hampton was a pretty good RB behind Shonn Greene at Iowa, then promptly tore his acl one season, then tore the other one the next. Transferred to Southern Illinois and had a couple good seasons.

Kevin Murphy, OT, Harvard to Niners
Originally posted by drake49er:

Looks like he is going to the Texans

That's a bummer. Gerell Robinson?
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Jewel Hampton was a pretty good RB behind Shonn Greene at Iowa, then promptly tore his acl one season, then tore the other one the next. Transferred to Southern Illinois and had a couple good seasons.

It's weird, but the guy reminds of a young Frank Gore. Coincidentally, they both had the same injury knock of the two ACLs, which I think is what knocked him out of the draft. He is very, very talented. I think if he remained healthy, Hampton could eventually become a starter somewhere, but he'd need a shot.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
That's a bummer. Gerell Robinson?

Broncos
It's weird, but the guy reminds of a young Frank Gore. Coincidentally, they both had the same injury knock of the two ACLs, which I think is what knocked him out of the draft. He is very, very talented. I think if he remained healthy, Hampton could eventually become a starter somewhere, but he'd need a shot.

I hope he can at least get a spot on the PS. It's really his only option on the Niners unless he beast modes it and gets Jacobs cut. It's not likely though.
Share 49ersWebzone