LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Why do I feel like the Arizona Cardinals are blocking us from players?

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
No way. Maybe if the Cards played at Qwest (or whatever it's called now).

Take away Peterson & Dockett and who do they have on defense???

LINKO

Seriously, you tell me who on that defense scares you? Terrible LB's, mediocre DL, and a decent/average secondary.

SOFT. The Seahawks beat up Delanie and Kyle Williams... give them credit for that (even if it wasn't legal). But the Cards are SOFT like your girlfriend's shea butter body moisturizer. Rub it down, enjoy the silky smooth SOFT touch.

So soft that their defense beat the crap out of our offense(limiting alex to 175 yards and zero touchdowns, sacking him 5 times). What does that say about alex? We LOST to the cards last year, we SWEPT the seahawks. The seahawks don't really get significantly better with this draft, the CARDS DO. You can make analogies about softness and shea butter but my argument stands with those facts. Harbaugh always has an extra edge against carroll and I just don't see that being the matchup to be worried about.
Cards have a very good young D. They came on strong in the last 7 games. Our division is getting much better and will know longer be the laughing stock of the NFL. I'm happy about this, but it makes it a little more challenging.
the only thing i'm worried about is michael floyd and larry fitzgerald. but as long as kevin kolb is throwing to them it's ok
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giants24:
They have picked right before us most rounds...

Massie..kelemete..and now bethel..those b*****ds

The Cardinals (somewhat like the Bengals and Panthers) always seem to align their picks with what the amateur internet scouting world likes.

Part of it is that those teams don't hire enough scouts supposedly. Whatever the case, its been like that for years where those teams seem to take almost exactly who the amateur experts (NFLDC, WalterFootball etc.) project.

And since webzoners get their info from those amateur experts...
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
No way. Maybe if the Cards played at Qwest (or whatever it's called now).

Take away Peterson & Dockett and who do they have on defense???

LINKO

Seriously, you tell me who on that defense scares you? Terrible LB's, mediocre DL, and a decent/average secondary.

SOFT. The Seahawks beat up Delanie and Kyle Williams... give them credit for that (even if it wasn't legal). But the Cards are SOFT like your girlfriend's shea butter body moisturizer. Rub it down, enjoy the silky smooth SOFT touch.

So soft that their defense beat the crap out of our offense(limiting alex to 175 yards and zero touchdowns, sacking him 5 times). What does that say about alex? We LOST to the cards last year, we SWEPT the seahawks. The seahawks don't really get significantly better with this draft, the CARDS DO. You can make analogies about softness and shea butter but my argument stands with those facts. Harbaugh always has an extra edge against carroll and I just don't see that being the matchup to be worried about.

I think we were looking past the Cards during that game.

SOFT like pillowy flat bread on a sandwhich.
On paper Fitz and Floyd are a scary combo, as a good a def. as we have, one should never slumber against division rivals as they know you better than other second rate teams.

I found it amusing and almost felt sorry for the Rams if I wasn't laughing, their trading down cost them a shot at Blackmon, then Floyd, and then Jenkins, it was even more amusing that it was thier division rivals that did it to them twice. Though I wish someone else took Floyd.
^

Calais Campbell is a beast
Adrian Wilson was a beast and is still solid
Daryl Washington is ascending and is a good player
Sam Acho was a pleasant surprise for them in the 3rd last year

I understand 9ers fans can be confident, we kicked ass last year, but that's no reason to talk like an ignorant a*****e. The cards and cocks came on at the end of the year...this division isn't gonna be handed to us.
ya no doubt the cardinals have the best WR fitz is the best WR in nfl imo and i had floyd as the best WR this class with fitz opposite of him there will be no pressure on him to be a #1 where he will be great

oalso kolb although i dont think hes good he isnt exactly crappy hes halfway decent and now they arguablly have the best duo at WR

one good thing is that they have a pretty crappy o line and kolb tends to hold the ball for a long time we have tot take advantage of that

also cards have a decent secondary and d line this year

cards are the team to watch out for imo

seahawks have a great D maybe even top 10 this year but offensivly other than lynch they arent much of a threat
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
^

Calais Campbell is a beast
Adrian Wilson was a beast and is still solid
Daryl Washington is ascending and is a good player
Sam Acho was a pleasant surprise for them in the 3rd last year

I understand 9ers fans can be confident, we kicked ass last year, but that's no reason to talk like an ignorant a*****e. The cards and cocks came on at the end of the year...this division isn't gonna be handed to us.

Naw sir. I have felt they were soft on defense even when they went to the Super Bowl. I know they have some decent players, but I still don't think they are a physically TOUGH team.

They are a finesse team. We beat them up every time we play them.

SOFT, like your mom's pillowy blueberry muffins.
Share 49ersWebzone