LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

I Love Surprises

AJ Jenkins to the 49ers. Which experts and "experts" saw that one coming? Apparently, not one since he was not on any experts or "experts" mock drafts as the 49ers' pick. Or how about Aldon Smith at #7 or Chris Culliver in the 3rd round last year? Very very few that is for sure. And as a 49ers fan, I have come to like the surprises come draft day.

Granted, I have no clue if AJ Jenkins will be a good player much less a star, but Aldon, Culliver, and a handful of others have shown that the 49ers have guys that know a thing or two about football. And the fact that both of our first round picks in the last two years were surprises goes to show that Baalke and the 49ers run a tight ship, and are not swayed by the media nor the fans. They have a list of qualities and skills they want in a player and they find them through watching game tapes and conducting interviews. They don't let armchair GMs or non-padded workouts sway or deceive them away from their plan. Best of all, no one in the league seems to know what they are going to do and that is the best weapon a team can have come draft day.

Can't wait to see what day 2 has in store.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Apr 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM ]
Well said.
Agreed, In Baalke and Harbaugh we trust..... My initial reaction was "Who"? Just like last year when they picked Aldon.

After some research and learning more about AJ, I'm feeling better about it and the excitement is building....

Can't wait to see the new 9ers in action!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
me too

Good call.

Great that they don't listen to thhe fans. if they did, we'd have Adam Carriker innstead of Willis Robert Quin instead of Aldon.

Baalke is the MAN!
Did round 2 & 3 surprise You?

I had zero clue.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
AJ Jenkins to the 49ers. Which experts and "experts" saw that one coming? Apparently, not one since he was not on any experts or "experts" mock drafts as the 49ers' pick. Or how about Aldon Smith at #7 or Chris Culliver in the 3rd round last year? Very very few that is for sure. And as a 49ers fan, I have come to like the surprises come draft day.

Granted, I have no clue if AJ Jenkins will be a good player much less a star, but Aldon, Culliver, and a handful of others have shown that the 49ers have guys that know a thing or two about football. And the fact that both of our first round picks in the last two years were surprises goes to show that Baalke and the 49ers run a tight ship, and are not swayed by the media nor the fans. They have a list of qualities and skills they want in a player and they find them through watching game tapes and conducting interviews. They don't let armchair GMs or non-padded workouts sway or deceive them away from their plan. Best of all, no one in the league seems to know what they are going to do and that is the best weapon a team can have come draft day.

hi ellen
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I had zero clue.

My dad called me and I was like..."whoa, wait.....what?"

I never thought we'd get him, mainly because we had hunter, but I'm glad we did just for the sake of James not being on anyone else's team. I love James, and I think that was a steal pick. We gotta figure out how to use him, hope he can be a game changer for us.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
me too

actually it looks like the front one is laughing and back one is gagging.

surprise pink eye.
surprise! we're having sex!

women

I got slapped when I clicked post
[ Edited by RonMexico on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I had zero clue.

My dad called me and I was like..."whoa, wait.....what?"

I never thought we'd get him, mainly because we had hunter, but I'm glad we did just for the sake of James not being on anyone else's team. I love James, and I think that was a steal pick. We gotta figure out how to use him, hope he can be a game changer for us.

Ditto.
Last yr proved that neither Baalke or Harbaugh even think about reading the WZ, as virtually every pick was someone else I didn't know about or wasn't on my want list. They have done it again this yr, drafting not the player, but for the situation...namely, 3rd and short, or anything in RZ in close. They needed two guys to correct that and got one great hands guy(ok, huge mitts guy) who can get separation, shields the ball with his body, but doesn't have blazing speed. He gets open with good moves, and that is all we need. He isn't big on RAC nor is he a 4.3 speedster. What he is , is a great hands guy for 3rd downs. Match that with LaMichael, and all of a sudden, the BOX 8 will no longer be a bugaboo for us. In fact, I can't wait for someone to stack the LOS with 8, maybe 9 or 10 guys,and then watch laMichael burn their azzes..or AJ. The big benefit here is this duo may just make crbtre into the kind of player he used to be, and he can become the guy he should have been all along. He is not a guy to get separation, and with AJ and LaMichael, a lot of pressure is going to be taken off crabs, and maybe, just maybe, he becomes that guy we all thot he was.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

Very well said. I am very excited with the thinking and drafting of the front office. They are really doing there homework and fixing the true problems the 49ers have, which most analysts have failed to realize so far. This team is going to so fun to watch this season and the draft isn't even over yet!
Share 49ersWebzone