LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

Jake's Final Mock

My Final Mock Draft. Not what I expect...but I'd like to see it. Hill is still my favorite WR, but I don't think he's there at 30.

Niners Trade #30 to Indy for their 2nd and 4th.

2nd Amini Silatolu OG (from Indy)
2nd Bruce Irvin, OLB
3rd Jared Crick, DT/DE
4th Greg Childs, WR (from Indy)
4th Tank Carder, ILB
5th Arron Henry, S
6th Ron Brooks, CB
7th Osuwu, WR (Harbaugh doesn't let one of his players slip through his fingers again)
Originally posted by Jakemall:
My Final Mock Draft. Not what I expect...but I'd like to see it. Hill is still my favorite WR, but I don't think he's there at 30.

2nd Bruce Irvin, OLB
3rd Jared Crick, DT/DE
4th Tank Carder, ILB
5th Arron Henry, S
6th Ron Brooks, CB
7th Osuwu, WR (Harbaugh doesn't let one of his players slip through his fingers again)

I think the underlined values are too optimistic (unrealistic)... but IF this were our draft haul, I'd be okay with it... not thrilled, but okay.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I think the underlined values are too optimistic (unrealistic)... but IF this were our draft haul, I'd be okay with it... not thrilled, but okay.

Really? I actually used both Maddog's and OTC's bigboards to estimate where players would be available. If it was within a range I made the selection. I think there was one exception..can't remember if it was Henry or Brooks...but that deep into a draft, anything can happen.

Values aside, why wouldn't this draft make you happy/excited? It pretty much addresses all our major needs, but puts BPA before Need.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Word is out on Silatolu. If we want him, we're going to have to take him at #30.

2nd Bruce Irvin, OLB
3rd Jared Crick, DT/DE
4th Tank Carder, ILB
5th Arron Henry, S
6th Ron Brooks, CB

That's a decent premium Indy is paying. Who are they trading up for?
I think we should stand pat and take Silatolu...then get maybe Quick in 2nd rd. Two of biggest needs done early, then you go for BPA the rest of the way...
Jake? WTF I always thought your name was Jake Mall but you said it was really Jak Em All. What gives broseph?

btw I'm a huge fan of Ron Brooks pick. I think he'll be a good player.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Word is out on Silatolu. If we want him, we're going to have to take him at #30.

I think 4 picks later He'll still be there.

Originally posted by nickbradley:
That's a decent premium Indy is paying. Who are they trading up for?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's value on the trade chart to Indy. It's close though. Moving up 4 spots back into the 1st round costs about a 4th rounder. I'm thinking a good WR or TE might be there...and if the 9ers are there they have to worry that's what we take. So we take the extra pick and take something else of value to us...a Guard.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Jake? WTF I always thought your name was Jake Mall but you said it was really Jak Em All. What gives broseph?

btw I'm a huge fan of Ron Brooks pick. I think he'll be a good player.

Name is Jake. JakEmAll is a play on words from a phrase I used to say when I was younger "Joke em all" and a Metallica album. So yeah... I thought it was clever back in the early 90s when I made it.

I think Ron will be a good player as well..and if he's not...no big loss. Gotta keep trying to get better at CB. We finally have a solid core...but one injury makes it a so so core.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think we should stand pat and take Silatolu...then get maybe Quick in 2nd rd. Two of biggest needs done early, then you go for BPA the rest of the way...

I think Childs is a better talent than Quick. Childs just doesn't have the stats because he was injured. He could be kinda like Gore was for us.
Everything makes sense except for the Carder pick. Grant isn't going anywhere this season, so ILB is not a need. Turn that pick into an OLB (Massaquoi or Burris) and now you are talking.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Everything makes sense except for the Carder pick. Grant isn't going anywhere this season, so ILB is not a need. Turn that pick into an OLB (Massaquoi or Burris) and now you are talking.

We'll be able to keep Grant this season..then he's gone. He's not going to be willing to sit behind Willis forever. This gives us a chance to groom a replacement that will last for a few years. By all accounts, Carder could have more talent than Grant. That may not translate....but we need to find someone to replace Grant when he goes to start somewhere else.
^^^ LOL what the heck does this have to do with a BB gun for Christmas?
^^^ LOL what the heck does this have to do with a BB gun for Christmas?

idk....it's pre draft madness
I would not be sad with this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone