There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Craps and Poker Draft

We're throwing dice and Baalke/JH are playing poker. They're holding the cards and we're just guessing.

Before I start - THANKS to all the zoners who all year alert us about quality players to look at. You guys have really made it enjoyable and knowledgeable.

Here's my take [probably wrong?] We don't have to solve every need in a single draft BUT we should get some players who can contribute right away - like Aldo, Hunter, Miller.

We all know RG & WR are our weakest areas. During FA Baalke/JH filled the WR fast. I didn't feel any sense of urgency from them in filling the RG position - even when Snyder signed w/Cards. So, my gut feeling is they believe in Kilgore. However, we still need one guy to either start of fill a number of positions on the OLine like Snder did.We were real close and should have beaten the Giants - actually we beat ourselves.

We need receivers who can get separation and a BIG Red Zone Target. Fleener is both BUT I feel he'll be gone as will Hill and Zeitler.

So, we trade back into the 2nd and pick up an extra 3rd in the top 10 selections, maybe w/Browns so they can get Weeden ahead of KC.

2a Polk RB
2b Crick DE

3a Marvin Jones WR
3b Mitchell Schwartz G/T/C

4 Streeter WR

5 Micah Pellerin CB

6).
Sorry - ht wrong button
6 - Winston Guy S

7 - BPA

GO NINERS!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We're throwing dice and Baalke/JH are playing poker. They're holding the cards and we're just guessing.

Before I start - THANKS to all the zoners who all year alert us about quality players to look at. You guys have really made it enjoyable and knowledgeable.

Here's my take [probably wrong?] We don't have to solve every need in a single draft BUT we should get some players who can contribute right away - like Aldo, Hunter, Miller.

We all know RG & WR are our weakest areas. During FA Baalke/JH filled the WR fast. I didn't feel any sense of urgency from them in filling the RG position - even when Snyder signed w/Cards. So, my gut feeling is they believe in Kilgore. However, we still need one guy to either start of fill a number of positions on the OLine like Snder did.We were real close and should have beaten the Giants - actually we beat ourselves.

We need receivers who can get separation and a BIG Red Zone Target. Fleener is both BUT I feel he'll be gone as will Hill and Zeitler.

So, we trade back into the 2nd and pick up an extra 3rd in the top 10 selections, maybe w/Browns so they can get Weeden ahead of KC.

2a Polk RB
2b Crick DE

3a Marvin Jones WR
3b Mitchell Schwartz G/T/C

4 Streeter WR

5 Micah Pellerin CB

6).
So 3rd round is all CAL?! Go Bears. (I like it, but it won't happen.)
would kill for that 3rd round

me gusta
Like trading back, but your second round picks don't do it for me. I wouldn't want my highest pick to come on the field for more than 5 plays to spell Gore. I want more of an impact from that early second pick.

At the early second pick you might still get one of these linemen:
Zeitler, Konz, or Silatolu OG (might win the starting job at RG)
Josh Robinson CB (might play against 4 WR packages)
Kendall Reyes, Brandon Thompson, or Devon Still DT (might work into a DL rotation)

If you like Polk, take Turbin in the 3rd. Not much difference.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i hate the iowa hawks and thier fans, they are like the vikings fans, very arrogant. However i do not think it would be tragic if we got marvin mcnutt who is a nice big wide out in the third or maybe a defensive tackle they have named mike daniels who is a bull dog and relentless in rushing the passer like justin smith and aldon smith are. my midwest bias but you know our coach used to live in iowa city As many know, i know nothing about college ball but just thought i would throw in some worthless blather that will probably never happen
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home