There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quinton Coples - Does he fit in our system?

The mock by Rob Rang has us taking:

#30 Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State.

At #32, the Giants select Quinton Coples:

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 284 lb
Arm Length: 33.25"

My question:

Is he bottlenecked into being a 4-3 DE or could he be a 3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB?

Pros:
He has all the measurables to be an elite pass rusher, but has issues with motor. Somehow, on this team, I don't see that being an issue.

Cons:
Another 'tweener' D-lineman from UNC
he is nothing like balmer dude has rop 5 to top 10 talent no doubt

however he does not fit in a 3-4 at all
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he is nothing like balmer dude has rop 5 to top 10 talent no doubt

however he does not fit in a 3-4 at all

That was my question. Seems tough to pass on that kind of talent though. No such thing as too many good pass rushers.
Not feeling at DL this year who would be a instant impact guy. Would rather go after a better guy next year, if we are going to find a replacement for Justin we need to be sure and get the guy regardless of cost.
21. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina: Let's be clear. Coples is not only the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the 2012 draft he's also the most talented senior prospect, regardless of position. At a shade under 6-6 and 281 pounds physically-speaking, he'll earn first round grades from scouts working for 3-4 and 4-3 clubs, alike. Coples has developed a me-first reputation, however, and doesn't play with enough snap to snap consistency to earn the top five grade from me that his talent obviously warrants despite the fact that he enjoyed a dominating week in Mobile, Alabama at the Senior Bowl.
Rob Rang's Top 100