There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My final 2012 49ers Mock Draft.

I think the 49ers are going to throw a curve ball with the 30th pick.

1. OLB- S. McClellin: Great pass rusher that has the 49ers hard worker intangibles on defense. Would give the 49ers a great OLB rotation.
2. OG- K. Osemele: Giant OG at 6-6 333 with incredible reach ( 34 1/4 arms) and strength (36 reps at pro day).
3. WR- M. Jones: 6-2 WR with 4.4 speed that knows how to run great routes.
4. DE- T.Guyton: 3-4 DE from Cal that has shown the abilty to hold his ground and create some pass rush.
5. FS- J. Bethel: Small school back up FS that has a nose for blocking kicks (9 blocks at Presbyterian)
6. TE- C. Ford: 6-6 TE that has very good hands. Could push N Byham for the 3 TE spot.
7. CB- D. Brooks: Ran a 4.36 in front of 49ers scouts at his pro day and has tremendous potential after only playing CB for two years in college.
i like everything except the first pick
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i like everything except the first pick

This

No need for an OLB that high. He would never see the field behind brook and aldon.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for nw9erfan.
I think this is a very realistic scenario, Ice...and I think I actually understood your post.

You were making predictions...and not necessarily stating your preferences.

I happen to like the picks and again, I can see the Niners going in this general direction...

Finally, for those of you who think that McClellin won't play in his rookie season, I'll just say this... An NFL team can never, ever have enough good pass rushers.

If the Niners think this guy can help in passing situations and provide great depth at a key position, I'm all for pulling the trigger on him. Also, both Maddog and OTC really like the guy too.

Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM ]
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Finally, for those of you who think that McClellin won't play in his rookie season, I'll just say this... An NFL team can never, ever have enough good pass rushers.

And that is why going pass-rusher in the first is an excellent drafting strategy and one the Niners could well pursue.

The Niners are NOT so deep in pass rushers that they cannot use another in the rotation
Hate hate hate the first pick.
two cal guys

i can get jiggy with this
Great mock. Love the pick
Good mock and totally agree on the curve ball.

I think McClellin will go to the Packers.

I understand it is your prediction and a pass rusher is not out of the question.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Nice to see some different names, good mock!