There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alshon Jeffery's Deceptive Speed

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nick, you have to get your facts straight about this guy. He was over 230 lbs and at some point last year, they thought he was closer to 250 lbs. He was less productive this past year and had more problems separating from defensive backs. This year, he didn't work out at the Combine but showed up at 216 lbs. He worked out about a month later, lost 3 more lbs and ran in the 4.5's in the 40. The questions still remain. Which guy are you going to get? The highly productive sophomore game breaker or overweight, slower junior. To me, that eliminates him from the first round.

Capital one bowl MVP. Only played 2 1/2 quarters and had 4 rec for 150 and a TD against the blackshirts. Yeah, terrible performance...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by okdkid:
I'd be happy with with anywhere in the 2nd round. Very possible with a trade back. Lots of teams in the early 2nd may want to move up for Weeden or Osweiler.

I think Weeden may plummet...who the hell wants a 29 year old rookie?

Several teams. Browns, Broncos off the top of my head. We'll find out Thurs or Fri.
Originally posted by jreff22:
So in the first 15 yards he is slow as s**t....doesn't help when we need 10 yards and he cant separate.

He's also 6'4 and over 230 lbs.

Nick, you have to get your facts straight about this guy. He was over 230 lbs and at some point last year, they thought he was closer to 250 lbs. He was less productive this past year and had more problems separating from defensive backs. This year, he didn't work out at the Combine but showed up at 216 lbs. He worked out about a month later, lost 3 more lbs and ran in the 4.5's in the 40. The questions still remain. Which guy are you going to get? The highly productive sophomore game breaker or overweight, slower junior. To me, that eliminates him from the first round.

I agree. Reminds me of mike williams
So in the first 15 yards he is slow as s**t....doesn't help when we need 10 yards and he cant separate.

he knows how to use his body has long arms and great vertical

first 10 yards thats enough
Originally posted by Mann716:

I agree. Reminds me of mike williams

I don't know how he'll turn out... but I have a hard time believing AJ will be anything close to that level of a bust. Particularly since he is generally slotted as a high 2nd round pick. Lower expectations, will get more time to develop.

Agree. Wouldn't be a bad pick in the second round at all
Originally posted by tohara3:
Agree. Wouldn't be a bad pick in the second round at all

with where were picking thats where you should take him you have to remember the qb situation there was terrible in almost any given game for them so im not too worried about his production and to be fair he was wnever thought of close to 250 he was always seen as 230 pounds. There was a rumor right before combine thaat he was 250
Problem is: Most of these times are on different tracks. Some from pro-days, some from the NFL combine. Everyone knows Pro-day times are usually roughly.1 faster than combine times.

If all these guys ran at the same track, then it would be much more relevant
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]

i don't want this fat body playing wr for us!
The slow start seems like its something that's correctable

Can't coach speed

That's a great point. It would be interesting to see on the highlight real a label for each play that says "Soph" or "Jr" - LOL.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

98 looks like the receiver!!
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Can't coach speed

He has speed. He lacks burst off the snap.
getting him in the end of the first is great value
Originally posted by frenchmov:

This is what scares me. The work ethic. Theres no way someone a strong work ethic looks like this. Then he suddenly looses all that weight right before the combine. Thats a red flag to me.