There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rd. 1 Mock

positions would be nice
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Baalke's style implies to me that he likes potential over limited ceiling, high floor guys. Thus I went with Silatolu. You may be right tho. Thanks!

In this case, I think you go with big school experience. Zeitler has shown that he can handle big league talent. He played very well and held his own against Penn State's NT Devon Still who is also a first round pick this year. Other other notable stat on Zeitler, he didn't give up ANY sacks in college. I say you go with the safer of the two. KZ can step in and contribute from day one.
Smart move by Fisher & their new GM. Build the lines ASAP.

I could see us trading up to get Fleener or back to get more picks.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Baalke's style implies to me that he likes potential over limited ceiling, high floor guys. Thus I went with Silatolu. You may be right tho. Thanks!

In this case, I think you go with big school experience. Zeitler has shown that he can handle big league talent. He played very well and held his own against Penn State's NT Devon Still who is also a first round pick this year. Other other notable stat on Zeitler, he didn't give up ANY sacks in college. I say you go with the safer of the two. KZ can step in and contribute from day one.

This isn't a what would I do, as much as what I think Baalke would do. He has proven to take risks: Aldon over Amukamara, Anthony Davis over Bulaga, and Iupati over Pauncey. In the case with the linemen, he drafted less refined prospects, with more upside, from lesser schools
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
positions would be nice

done
If someone had two 2nd. rounders and a C/G, i'd trade down
Do you mean trading our first for 2nds and a starting veteran C/G?
I think I will cry if the Cards get Floyd.... not fair!

As for our pick, if we draft an OG in the first round I will be pissed. It is a BAD draft practice to draft interior OL in the first round. True, they are often ready to start day 1. But you miss out on harder to find talent. It is better to draft interior lineman in later rounds and groom them to start in a couple years.
Zeitler over Silatolu please.