26. Hou - Wright (WR/ Slot Receiver)
27. NE - Brockers (DT)
28. GB - Perry (OLB/DE)
29. Bal - Konz (C/OG)
30. SF - Silatolu (OG)
31. NE - Branch (OLB/DE)
32. NYG - Zeitler (OG)
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Apr 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM ]
This makes a lot of sense; although, if the Rams drafted Glenn with Blackman still on the board, there would probably be a riot in St Louis.
Silatolu, mega reach. Dude has a 2nd or 3rd rd grade
Originally posted by strickac:
This makes a lot of sense; although, if the Rams drafted Glenn with Blackman still on the board, there would probably be a riot in St Louis.

Perhaps, but I don't see Jeff Fisher caring much about that. Word is, Rams aren't crazy about Blackmon, and they could really use a versatile lineman that could be an elite guard, or a good RT.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Silatolu, mega reach. Dude has a 2nd or 3rd rd grade

according to who?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Perhaps, but I don't see Jeff Fisher caring much about that. Word is, Rams aren't crazy about Blackmon, and they could really use a versatile lineman that could be an elite guard, or a good RT.

Word out of STL is that they think that they can get a WR and a RT later in the draft with good value. That tells me they're targeting defense defense defense at #6. Fletcher Cox is considered a top 5 pick and has very low risk. He's the guy.
according to who?

**all of the draft value boards

Word out of STL is that they think that they can get a WR and a RT later in the draft with good value. That tells me they're targeting defense defense defense at #6. Fletcher Cox is considered a top 5 pick and has very low risk. He's the guy.

Perhaps. But the O-line needs a ton of work, and Glenn is an incredible talent. This was my guess at it. We shall see soon enough
according to who?

**all of the draft value boards

all? really? whose value board are you referencing? I've seen plenty of sources pin him in the last 1st
There is so much depth at WR and for the good teams I cant see them picking one till at least the 3rd round. I am loving this draft for the 49ers as we no longer have a glaring hole. Yes we can use improvement in our receivers corp, right gaurd is a concern, getting old at a few positions, but nothing comes out to bite you. I like this draft and I like Silatolu but I think you can get him in the middle of the 2nd round. We can draft for improvement not need and that has taken ten years to obtain.

So trade up......
Zeitler is graded higher than Silatolu, IMO. Still, would prefer Randle or Jeffery at that point and grab Books at the end of the second. Still, wouldn't be mad with Zeitler or OG at #30.

Just want BPA for our team!

Good job nonetheless.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

So trade up......

Decided to stay away from trades. Just gets dirty. They'll happen, but are impossible to predict
Originally posted by ninertico:
Zeitler is graded higher than Silatolu, IMO. Still, would prefer Randle or Jeffery at that point and grab Books at the end of the second. Still, wouldn't be mad with Zeitler or OG at #30.

Just want BPA for our team!

Baalke's style implies to me that he likes potential over limited ceiling, high floor guys. Thus I went with Silatolu. You may be right tho. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og-f7G4FFYE
Share 49ersWebzone