There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dynasty Mock v1.0 A different mock

I usually post at least 2 or 3 mocks; however, this year I have already seen the ones I would have done several times over.

Here is my mock just to be different and have a little fun. I think Baalke/Harbaugh will do something none of us expect. I think if Hill, Wright and Fleener are gone by #30, they will trade down. Here it goes.

At #30, the scenario I have described has happened and the 49ers get a call for a trade. The Browns are hearing rumors that someone is going to trade ahead of them at the top of the 2nd round to draft Weeden. The Browns can't let that happen, they offer us their #37 and #100 (10 points in our favor).

#37 David Wilson, RB
The 49ers like what they see in this tough runner. He reminds them of Frank Gore and he will be needed late in the season for a playoff run when Frank is worn down.

***TRADE*** The 49ers trade #61 and #92 to the Patriots for #48 (424 to 420, Patriots get 4 points)
#48 Amini Silatolu,OG
Here is a tough OG that fits the 49ers running scheme. He is a vicious blocker and can block at the second level which is something you need to do in this offense.

#100 Tommy Streeter, WR
At 6'5", 215 lbs, Streeter has the frame and speed to be a big target the 49ers are looking to develop. Moss will play ahead of Streeter and he can learn for one year before getting a chance next year.

#125 Philip Blake, OC
Goodwin is not going to play for more than a couple of years and the 49ers need a center to groom to take over.

#165 Devon Wylie, WR/RB/KR/PR
A speed demon, ran the fastest time in the combine with 4.39 40 yard dash. Will compete with Kyle Williams for the slot WR/PR/KR role. Insurance for Ginn.

#199 Sean Richardson, S
Don't know much about this guy but he is slated to visit the 49ers.

#237 Nick Jean-Baptiste DT
Big (6'2" 335 lbs) nose tackle to groom. Sopoaga is 30 years old.
Awesome, would be thrilled
I think we need OLB depth too much to take two WR prospects. It's the one of the few areas, aside from re-signing Brooks, that Baalke hasn't addressed yet. We have practically zero depth.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think we need OLB depth too much to take two WR prospects. It's the one of the few areas, aside from re-signing Brooks, that Baalke hasn't addressed yet. We have practically zero depth.

I agree, especially with the re-signing of Ginn. I think maybe a DL project who could be groomed for a spot in the DL rotation. Or an OLB for depth. Otherwise it's a nice draft
we dont need anymore RBs and no need to take another WR. maybe trade one of those for a ILB or OLB.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I thought about this as well; however, I just couldn't find any value at the positions we draft. I almost went with Shea McClellin at #37 instead of David Wilson; but I really feel like we are going to need a good RB down the stretch. I don't think Gore can hold up all season and Hunter still needs to bulk up before he can be an every down RB. I don't expect Jacobs or Dixon to make the team if we draft Wilson.

Thanks for the comments.
I like your mock and reasoning, especially Silatolu, if he's there! Arguably we need him (or someone like him) the most for the immediate future.

As SNF said, we need pass rush. Have to find a way to do that.

Wylie is a wasted pick IMO. He would not make the roster or the practice squad. Too many WRs on the roster already. Like the Streeter pick a lot - nothing proven, but has imressive potential and size to fill real need after a year or so of practice.

I'd make two changes...substitute Doug Martin for Wilson. He's bigger and arguably the most complete RB in the draft. Getting him could mean trading up...but, he's worth it. The other change I'd make is to draft Brian Quick instead of Streeter. They're similar sized, Streeter may be faster, but Quick has better hands and runs very precise routes, something Harbaugh would appreciate. I still think Baalke will trade up maybe twice to get better players...which means he could come out of the draft with say 4 very good players who'd have a legitimate chance to make the roster. Remember, the roster's already full...doesn't make a lot of sense to draft 7 players if only 3-4 have real shots at making the team. The others could be considered for PS, I get that, but I'm thinking Baalke's looking more for quality than quantity. I really like Wylie and Richardson...the former for his speed, pass-catching and KR skills, the latter for his size, toughness & all-around S skills. The fact he played in the tough SEC doesn't hurt, either.
I like it. It fills needs. We have the team already to where we can move and pick players to help us fill a need as a starter or as depth. Too many people what a sexy, huge splash type draft. We dont need that.
One thing I like with your mock is you gave reasons why the trade was being made.
i could be wrong but stephan hill had the fastest 40 time
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02/26/wr-hills-40-yard-dash-time-more-unique-than-his-love-of-blocking/

I was right hill ran 4.30... sorry bud