LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Rafa's Draft Dream that will never ever happen.

This would be a phenomenal draft if it happened.

Coby Fleener would be a great pick. The 2nd TE in this offense is basically a starter. I know the zone loves Delanie, but Fleener would be a huge improvement. He'd be a real asset on 3rd downs as well as the red-zone, which are big areas of weakness for us. Alex is most comfortable throwing in-between the hashes rather then down the sidelines, so Fleener fits perfectly.

Kelechi Osemele is a talented player that fits a need. He is a mauler that will be a real asset on 3rd & short and goal-line situations. Again, he helps to improve a great area of weakness for us.

Ta'amu fits a need for a young talent to develop on the d-line. Sopoaga and J. Smith are still going strong, but both are over 30 years old.

Tommy Streeter is great value there in the 4th. His rookie year could be a "red-shirt" year, being no higher than 4th or 5th on the depth chart. But he does have unlimited potential, and we have a strong coaching staff to bring out the best in him.

The rest of this mock does a nice job of acquiring depth where its needed.

Bravo!
Yes I want that draft. No it won't happen. LOL.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Nuff Said?????

VD = 67 receptions for 792 yards and D. Walk = 19 rec. for 198 yards

What the heck do you guys see in D. Walker???

potential
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.

Nuff Said?????

If you really have to ask, you haven't watched him play over the last 4-5 years.
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.

Nuff Said?????

If you really have to ask, you haven't watched him play over the last 4-5 years.
I have watched him. He is a solid athlete. His best year stats are 29 rec. for 331 yards. While I am sure he serves many roles on the team, he is not producing on offense. So even if it isn't Fleener, I think he can easily be upgraded.
Draft Fleener - Trade DWalker fo a mid 1st = Yea - Yea

Now let's pretend some thing else
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.

Nuff Said?????

I have watched him. He is a solid athlete. His best year stats are 29 rec. for 331 yards. While I am sure he serves many roles on the team, he is not producing on offense. So even if it isn't Fleener, I think he can easily be upgraded.

Shaking my damn head... suddenly D-Love is just another body in the eyes of so many fans. That's sad.
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.

and Delanie while being a FA after 2012, is easly signable.
Get Streeter out of there and I am totally down, nice draft!
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Get Streeter out of there and I am totally down, nice draft!

Streeter could be a great project.

Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Yea completely agree with you and Joe Adams i didn't add him due to other more important need at the 3rd round.

Disagree, I'd remove Ta'amu (don't want him anywhere near the Niners) and add Adams in a heatbeat. JA would be an awesome slot receiver!!!! We need quickness and instant separation. Adams would help with those 3rd downs....
Shaking my damn head... suddenly D-Love is just another body in the eyes of so many fans. That's sad.

There's nothing "suddenly" about it. He is a role player, always has been. He was a college WR that was too slow to play the position in the NFL. For his first few years with us he was a below average blocker for a TE (He did improve last year), so he has been in a hybrid role. People talk about him being a mismatch "as a second TE" - in other words, on his own he is not a mismatch. If you don't see how that is a position that could be improved upon, I don't know what to tell you.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

There's nothing "suddenly" about it. He is a role player, always has been. He was a college WR that was too slow to play the position in the NFL. For his first few years with us he was a below average blocker for a TE (He did improve last year), so he has been in a hybrid role. People talk about him being a mismatch "as a second TE" - in other words, on his own he is not a mismatch. If you don't see how that is a position that could be improved upon, I don't know what to tell you.

Originally posted by RDB4216:

You could upgrade the position, but I'm not sure Fleener will be any better. My opinon...
You could upgrade the position, but I'm not sure Fleener will be any better. My opinon...

Fleener is faster. 6" taller, so a better target in the RZ. Has better hands. Looks to be a better blocker, and just needs to add some muscle to improve in that area. I'm not seeing ANY areas that Fleener isn't better in.
Share 49ersWebzone