There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My 7 round Mock

I've never done a mock before so I decided to put one together. Don't be to harsh!!

1. Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin- I dont like taking a guard in round one(again) but he is the BPA while most of the WRs are already taken.

2. Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington- BPA that could take over for Soap eventually, needs work but with our good DLine isnt expected to come in right away and make a huge impact.

3. Kyle Wilber OLB Wake Forest- Provides good depth behind smith and brooks(haralson will be gone next year)

4. Tommy Streeter WR Miami- A tall, fast WR that can learn behind moss. I believe this is the type of WR harbaugh likes big, fast and can get down the field.

5. DeQuan Menzie CB/FS Alabama- Most likely to play FS at pro level, great depth behind goldson

6. Najee Goode ILB West Virginia- I think Grant leaves next year as well, provides good depth and ST value

7. Adrien Robinson TE Cinncinnati- Harbaugh likes TEs and wants pass catching TEs, takes Bynums roster spot
Well, since no one else has critiqued it, I will...here's what I'd do:

- Fleener. Way too much upside to ignore...he's one of Harbaugh's boys and already knows the offense.
- Brandon Brooks. I like Silatolu, but he'll probably be off the board in 2nd rd.
- Brian Quick. Good-sized WR who runs very good routes. Former teammate Kilgore can give Harbaugh/staff a lot of insight into him.
- Brandon Taylor/Antonio Allen, S. Both SEC guys, good size and equally adept at stopping the run & good pass coverage.
- Wilber/Miles Burriss. Both guys have the size and athleticism to contribute at OLB and on ST's.
- Hebron Fangupo, NT. May need a year to develop, but is very strong and surprisingly agile for his size.
- Tashaun Gipson, CB. Good sized cover CB who makes tackles and is a solid all-around player.
If Fleener is gone and I think he will be, I'd rather trade back.

I like the picks of Zeitler, Ta'amu and Streeter in the slots you gave them.
Very nice mock!

Congratulations for realizing that TE is not a critical need warranting rd 1 attention.

Love the Streeter projection.

I would not be so dismissive of Bynum. Unless he doesn't make a recovery from his injury, he's a smash-mouth TE, which the Niner's don't currently have on the team, with very good hands.
#1. Bpa-k. Reyes
#2. B.Quick
#3. Best guard
#4. Josh Robinson
#5. Juron Criner
#6. M. Egnew
#7. Delvin Johnson
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If Fleener is gone and I think he will be, I'd rather trade back.

I like the picks of Zeitler, Ta'amu and Streeter in the slots you gave them.

i agree that Fleener will be gone and i would also trade back if hill, wright and randle are gone as well. the only problem with trading back is that you need a team thats wants to trade up.
This is a good draft that takes on depth need and uses the pick we have with no trades. I do like Zeitler and Ta'amu pick and the Tommy Streeter pick
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Well, since no one else has critiqued it, I will...here's what I'd do:

- Fleener. Way too much upside to ignore...he's one of Harbaugh's boys and already knows the offense.
- Brandon Brooks. I like Silatolu, but he'll probably be off the board in 2nd rd.
- Brian Quick. Good-sized WR who runs very good routes. Former teammate Kilgore can give Harbaugh/staff a lot of insight into him.
- Brandon Taylor/Antonio Allen, S. Both SEC guys, good size and equally adept at stopping the run & good pass coverage.
- Wilber/Miles Burriss. Both guys have the size and athleticism to contribute at OLB and on ST's.
- Hebron Fangupo, NT. May need a year to develop, but is very strong and surprisingly agile for his size.
- Tashaun Gipson, CB. Good sized cover CB who makes tackles and is a solid all-around player.

You didn't critique his mock. You put up one of your own. Nice, by the way.
Not a Streeter fan at all, otherwise very sensable.