There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

how bummed will you be if niners dont make apick on 1st day of draft?

Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
A lot of talent in this draft, if we can get 2 more picks im for it. Most people might be fraustrated because they have a player who they want the niners to draft but if we can get a collection of talent, i think that would be a lot better. is it possible to get 2 and a 3 for the 30th pick?

our team is at the point it wont improve if we trade down if we trade down most of the draft picks will not make the team
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
A lot of talent in this draft, if we can get 2 more picks im for it. Most people might be fraustrated because they have a player who they want the niners to draft but if we can get a collection of talent, i think that would be a lot better. is it possible to get 2 and a 3 for the 30th pick?

our team is at the point it wont improve if we trade down if we trade down most of the draft picks will not make the team

I understand that, but do you think it will improve if we draft at 30? but the more players the niners select whether they make the team or not getting more depth is a mus. If we trade down, we depth on the WR position OL or even at TE.
I understand that, but do you think it will improve if we draft at 30? but the more players the niners select whether they make the team or not getting more depth is a mus. If we trade down, we depth on the WR position OL or even at TE.

we can do that without trading down

if we trade down we are throwing picks away

and i actually expect niners to trade up in either first round or second round

the only thing we need in draft is WR, S depth, interior o line depth, and TE depth (not even a need)

other than that anyone else we pick up would be lucky to make the team
depends on whos there and what we get for trading back.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Not bummed at all! I don't like fixing things that are not broken. There is no Rookie on that spot that would take a starters position. If we could trade it for next years 1st rd. I say it would be a good gamble.
not at all
Depends on who's still available at 30 but in HarBalke I Trust.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If they trade it away and don't get Fleener I will.....

yeah, because thats our weak spot...TE.....

And to go along with this, I'm not sure why all of the mocks are set on fleener going to us at 30. He could very well go to Denver at 25, and, we certainly have other priorities.
I'd like to see us go WR in the 1st, but if we don't I will trust Jim and Trent. But I think there's gonna be mass freaking out around here if we pass on Fleener.
I'd like to think any trade down would involve us gaining picks in next years draft. We'll probably be looking for Gore's replacement at that point, and I expect there to be better depth at RB in the 2013 draft. It'd be nice to have the ammo we need to go and get a RB that we like.

However, I'm guessing that we'll be a team that's possibly looking to move up this year, either in the first or the second round.
I would be bummed, cuz then i would have to wait till that friday and watch the draft basically unfold online, but either way i'll still be happy for more picks and being full of wings and cream soda
I would never watch football again and I would send a strongly worded letter to Roger Goodell for allowing it to happen
More than a crack head with a pipe, rock and no lighter.....
Not bummed at all. If we are able to land a 20th or above pick in the 2nd and 3rd round (or a 2013 first rounder we project as a top 10 and 4th rounder), it will only make the next day or year of the draft more exciting. We aren't going to actually enjoy the benefits of the player we take for another 5 months, I don't mind waiting an extra day (or even year) if the value is there. Besides, the draft is so exciting because its such a pivotal point for each franchise. Trading for comparable or better value in the draft is more beneficial to the franchise than staying put and taking a player we could get in the 2nd round. Imagine having 4 picks on day 2 (and being able to take one of those "first round players" that fall and still have three more picks. Or imagine having a top 10 and our pick in 2013, where we can get a truly elite talent.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM ]
We need depth so trading down is not a bad idea at all.
I feel like the true value in nearly all drafts is the late 1st-early 2nd anyway. Desperate teams always reach in the top 50 and the patient teams usually prosper from those deals. I'm hoping a team falls in love with Weeden, Jenkins, a future LT, or even a RB and decides to jump ahead of some teams. We should pull the trigger. We'd be looking at potentially sliding back a few picks for a future 2nd or maybe even gaining a crappy team's 2013 1st and a 3rd or 4th (similar to Staley's deal).