LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

AB's Latest 2012 2-Round Mock Draft; As of April 11th, 2012

Coples and Kirkpatrick are too high....

Floyd is too low
Wright is **not** a 1st round pick -- too small, even if he is good. see: DeSean Jackson.

Also, you've got Randle as like the #7 WR - that's crzy.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Wright is **not** a 1st round pick -- too small, even if he is good. see: DeSean Jackson.

Also, you've got Randle as like the #7 WR - that's crzy.

wright > Djax in college and wright has some 20 pounds on D jax when coming out as well
I'd be more than happy with Hill or Konz if he somehow made it to us m
Originally posted by hofer36:
a hot rumour has cowboys taking dontari poe at pick #14

I think they want one of two players, DeCastro or Cox. Don't think either will be there.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
* Michael Floyd at seven. Chisel it in stone. Done deal. Jags need WR help baddddddly, and Floyd is going to be red hot on draft day.

This seems to be the hot pick for Jags but Gene Smith is a GM who doesn't pick player's with character concerns. He is really big on it.... would make sense for them if he is willing to put Floyd's problems aside.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201204/nfls-marriage-test-free-agents

Yeah, they are obsessed with off the field stuff.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM ]

Yeah, they are obsessed....

damn

i was hoping floyd would drop to 16ish area that would mean a better chance of wright and hill falling a bit more
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yeah, they are obsessed....

damn

i was hoping floyd would drop to 16ish area that would mean a better chance of wright and hill falling a bit more

There are so many WR needy teams out there. You have Cleveland at 22, Houston at 26, us at 30, maybe Pittsburgh at 24, maybe Denver at 25, I can see a scenario where Blackmon goes 6 to STL, Floyd goes 7 to Jacksonville, then Wright and Hill go somewhere between 22 and 26, and we are left with potentially a Guard like Zeitler, or possibly if Konz slips a little.

I'm also thinking Cox will go high now, possibly at 6 if Blackmon is gone to CLE at 4 and Kalil goes 3, and Claiborne goes 5 to Tampa.

Easily this is round 1 top 10

1. IND- Luck
2. WAS- Griffin
3. MIN- Kalil
4. CLE- Blackmon
5. TB- Claiborne
6. STL- Cox
7. JAC- Floyd
8. MIA- Tannehill
9. CAR- Coples
10.BUF- Reiff

leaves Richardson out of top 10, possibly Cincinnati jumps to around 11-15 and grabs him thinking Cleveland might jump back up and get him.
Nice job AB
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
There are so many WR needy teams out there. You have Cleveland at 22, Houston at 26, us at 30, maybe Pittsburgh at 24, maybe Denver at 25, I can see a scenario where Blackmon goes 6 to STL, Floyd goes 7 to Jacksonville, then Wright and Hill go somewhere between 22 and 26, and we are left with potentially a Guard like Zeitler, or possibly if Konz slips a little.

I'm also thinking Cox will go high now, possibly at 6 if Blackmon is gone to CLE at 4 and Kalil goes 3, and Claiborne goes 5 to Tampa.

1. IND- Luck
2. WAS- Griffin
3. MIN- Kalil
4. CLE- Blackmon
5. TB- Claiborne
6. STL- Cox
7. JAC- Floyd
8. MIA- Tannehill
9. CAR- Coples
10.BUF- Reiff

leaves Richardson out of top 10, possibly Cincinnati jumps to around 11-15 and grabs him thinking Cleveland might jump back up and get him.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

1. IND- Luck
2. WAS- Griffin
3. MIN- Kalil
4. CLE- Blackmon
5. TB- Claiborne
6. STL- Cox
7. JAC- Floyd
8. MIA- Tannehill
9. CAR- Coples
10.BUF- Reiff

I believe that the Rams will target Richardson if he falls to 6. It appears he may be the highest player on their board? I do see Cox at 9
to the Panthers
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice mock.
Thanks to everyone, I tried to make this as realistic of a mock as possible. I probably overvalued and undervalued some players, I am gonna, hopefully,. make a last 2 or 3 round mock before the draft, probably a week before.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
damn

Think you took that the wrong way. Must not have read the article. Said Jags actually interviewed the free agent's wives because they believe a happy marriage equals a happy player on the field. Like I said Gene Smith is a guy who crosses off any player with off the field issues. The new owner seems to share the same belief as he used that interviewing the wives technique with his auto parts business. So they are pretty big on personality and Floyd alcohol problems might mean he won't be the pick. I fully agree with your logic. Would be awesome if we at least had the option of picking Wright or Hill plus the guys from other positions.

AB, I'm not holding my breath for a WR like Wright or Hill to be there. A lot of WR needy teams. Although, there should be a nice group available at 62 if we want to go that way. Same with later on... we are bound to end up with at least 1 decent WR... this class is pretty stacked.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM ]
Why take a chance on the 4th wide receiver if the best TE is available. Alex can throw a deep ball to Vernon every once in awhile, but we need to get some 3d down conversions and TD's in the red zone. Other WRs will still be available later, and you can draft a speed receiver in later rounds.
Or, go ahead and take the OG that is going to keep Alex upright and cure that weak link.
Share 49ersWebzone