LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

How many 2012 draft picks will we end up with ?

How many 2012 draft picks will we end up with ?

There are various theories on whether we will be trading up or trading back. Of the original 7 picks, how many will we end up with at the end of the draft ?

Personally, I don't think we have that many available roster spots. It would be a waste to use the picks for camp fodders, who will eventually catch on with weaker teams.

It would make more sense to use the picks to move up or trade into next year's draft.
I venture a guess that Baalke will trade up twice. Five picks.
7 picks. No trades.
I can see a few trades. Baalke did it in the 3rd round twice now. in 2010 he traded down got a 4th in 2012 and our 3rd in 2011 which was Bowman, then he did it with Jacksonville in 2011 when we traded back and ended up with Culliver.

I see either a trade up in rd 1, down out of rd 1 to rd 2, or another trade up into a round we dont have a pick, ala 2011 with Kilgore trade/pick.

I say 7 or more. I think we will trade down a little, add a few late round picks. Though I want us to trade back in rd 1, get an extra 3rd on day 2, have 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's. Then we could trade back into rd 4 and pick up a early 4th to go with our late 4th.
IMO, the Niners are a team with few pressing needs, but Baalke and Harbaugh have proven that they are not the types to stand pat. It will be one extreme or the other. Baalke has traded up a couple of times already in the draft to get the player he wants (Davis and Kilgore), but I also think he is smart enough to trade back to accumulate picks for next year if the opportunity presents itself. My best guess is the trade back option which will leave the Niners with 5-6 picks this year and 8-9 picks in 2013.
Baalke is a shrewd poker player and I see him trading.

Can't decide if it is up or down.

But I don't feel he'll stand pat.
I say 4 at the very least and 5 at the max, but you never know what the FO is thingking.
only five when they trade up to get michael floyd.
Probably one trade up and one trade down. I'll guess seven in the end.
Less is more. Trade up and get quality. We are close. A few players away at a few key positions. We don't need tons of depth on this team. QUALITY at key positions puts us in the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Less is more. Trade up and get quality. We are close. A few players away at a few key positions. We don't need tons of depth on this team. QUALITY at key positions puts us in the Super Bowl.

This. If we pick 7 guys do they all even make the team. Trade up and get impact players and trade the other picks away for future picks for next year.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
We got a lot of good players already. We don't need more players. Better to get quality over quantity. Trade up!
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

This. If we pick 7 guys do they all even make the team. Trade up and get impact players and trade the other picks away for future picks for next year.

We need WR, RG, maybe DL guys and RB if a quality one falls to us. But I would push hard for real quality at positions we need. Maybe Fleener. The way the NFL is going it doesn't matter if it's WR or "TE." Somebody who is big with good hands who can receive the ball and move the chains and score in the RZ. It doesn't matter what position....
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

We need WR, RG, maybe DL guys and RB if a quality one falls to us. But I would push hard for real quality at positions we need. Maybe Fleener. The way the NFL is going it doesn't matter if it's WR or "TE." Somebody who is big with good hands who can receive the ball and move the chains and score in the RZ. It doesn't matter what position....

kind of agree with this honestly.
Do we get a pick if we trade away Grant
Share 49ersWebzone