LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Final* 7-Round 49er Mock Draft

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by sfout:
very nice, I've seen Dennard at #61 a number of times recently, would be very great if we could land him, him and Cully could very well be our future CB tandem if we landed him.

If we do not trade and we stand pat at #30 I think Randle is the most logical pick for us, all of his visits suggest the original speculation of being picked in the 30-40 range as the right idea. He'd fit right in with the mold of receivers we have.

Yes; I think that if WRs and TEs are gone at #30 and something crazy like DeCastro or Glenn falling to us hasn't happened, we're going to take a defensive lineman at #30.

I don't think Niner fans realize how shallow we are: 3 great starters, a 7th round pick (RJF), and a bunch of undrafted free agents.

yea, DT is the next option after WR in my book followed by CB, OLB, then RB. Dream BPA scenario I even for us is if any or all of Randle, Devon Still, Janoris Jenkins, Nick Perry, and Lamar Miller are still on the board lol.

Still was pretty inconsistent but landing Justin Smith's successor will definitely be in the back of our FO's mind for the next couple of drafts and he would be a great fit IMHO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not all that high on Dennard, but as a late 2nd rounder I would be pleased. Solid mock

I think he's a feisty little S.O.B. who will be a great addition to any defense that predominantly runs zone -- a bit limited in man coverage right now.

At the very least Dennard will be a great nickel CB in the NFL, he could be a star but I think any team that takes him will know that he will be nothing worse then a stellar #3 CB so a #2 selection is nearly ideal for the cost of the talent we'd get.

edit: my bad for the consecutive posts but i didnt see this one before I posted previously.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM ]
I read some articles about Dennard as a free safety. His problems are in man coverage and his top end speed. He could be a great safety with his mentality and would fit in perfectly for the niners. I really like the pick
nice mock. I think all your picks are realistic too. I too got a feeling Fleenor will be gone by the time we pick. I'm thinking the Broncos get him.
Nice work, Nick! I could live with that draft. Might want a DE/OLB type in the seventh round like Tim Fugger or Derrick Shelby since you got Blake in the 3rd, but that is just being picky.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice work, Nick! I could live with that draft. Might want a DE/OLB type in the seventh round like Tim Fugger or Derrick Shelby since you got Blake in the 3rd, but that is just being picky.

thats what I was thinking too, Shelby would be a great project pick for us.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
From the highlights, Randle appears to have quickness as well as speed. He has moves, good balance, detemination, I'll take your word that he has good hands. As for the second round, I'd prefer an OG (remember that Kilgore couldn't outplay Rachal last year), then in the third start getting depth for the defense. ILB should be addressed in that Larry Grant's situation won't be clear before the draft.

Of course, now we're hearing that Boone may compete with Kilgore for OG. If that's the case, then the Niners have more picks than needed and they should trade up somewhere.

I considered COG as well. According to the PFW Value board, our C/OG options at #61 are G Brooks, C Jones, C Molk, G Bergstrom, or G/T Osemele. Molk, Bergstrom, and Osemele are probably reaches at #61. That's esp. true when you may get them in the 3rd or go with C Blake, G Looney, or G Watkins in the 3rd... or or G Kelemete in the 4th, or C Brewster in the 5th.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not all that high on Dennard, but as a late 2nd rounder I would be pleased. Solid mock

I think he's a feisty little S.O.B. who will be a great addition to any defense that predominantly runs zone -- a bit limited in man coverage right now.

you do realize the niners play a ton of man coverage
Originally posted by hofer36:
janzen jackson had more than a blow up with lane kiffin at tennessee ..he was one of 3 players that actually committed an armed robbery of a convenience store clerk

Actually, he did not commit the armed robbery and charges were dropped against him -- the other two were charged. He missed two games and came back to still make All-SEC Freshman!

*** Also note that Jackson's father, Lance Guidry, is the Defensive Coordinator at Western Kentucky -- where Jack Harbaugh is God. Willie Taggert is HC there and was Harbaugh's RB Coach at Stanford (if you don't remember). Coach Harbaugh will probably talk to Jackson's dad to get the skinny on the kid.
Even if they have to trade up, I don't see Harbaugh not getting Fleener. He's still sore he didn't take Baldwin last year. I also believe Harbaugh will draft a RB despite signing Jacobs (only 1-yr contract). I'd personally love to see them go after Doug Martin, but if not him, then Turbin, for sure. Gore's wearing down...Hunter's not an every-down RB, and the big guy's only signed for 1 year. Like the Blake pick...we could get a two-for-one deal with him (OG/C). If they do get Fleener, then I'd suggest taking WR Quick in 3rd/4th.

Nice work, the only thing i have a rpoblem with is taking an OL in the 7th, might as well take a RB IMHO
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
Nice work, the only thing i have a rpoblem with is taking an OL in the 7th, might as well take a RB IMHO

We lost 2 OL in free agency, so we need to replace two.

We gained one RB in free agency...
We lost 2 OL in free agency, so we need to replace two.

We gained one RB in free agency...

Don't forget we drafted 2 OL late last year. With a full season and off-season under their belts, both could be in the running for the starting RG spot. Also remember that Jacobs is as old as Gore, and he wasn't the featured RB in NY. So I think we need to secure our primary running back for the future. I think Turbin fits the bill nicely.
Originally posted by sspiker:
I'd be fine with this.

Me too
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
From the highlights, Randle appears to have quickness as well as speed. He has moves, good balance, detemination, I'll take your word that he has good hands. As for the second round, I'd prefer an OG (remember that Kilgore couldn't outplay Rachal last year), then in the third start getting depth for the defense. ILB should be addressed in that Larry Grant's situation won't be clear before the draft.

Of course, now we're hearing that Boone may compete with Kilgore for OG. If that's the case, then the Niners have more picks than needed and they should trade up somewhere.

I considered COG as well. According to the PFW Value board, our C/OG options at #61 are G Brooks, C Jones, C Molk, G Bergstrom, or G/T Osemele. Molk, Bergstrom, and Osemele are probably reaches at #61. That's esp. true when you may get them in the 3rd or go with C Blake, G Looney, or G Watkins in the 3rd... or or G Kelemete in the 4th, or C Brewster in the 5th.
Now with Grant on board, I think the Niners should trade up in the first and/or second round by trading their third and/or fourth round selection(s). If the Niners don't go guard or center in the first round, I believe they should go as high as possible in the second round for an guard. IMO, since Kilgore couldn't beat out Rachal last year, it would be too risky to believe he can be even as good as Snyder this year. Kilgore should be reasonably expected to be the guard/center backup this year. The caveat being that the Niners front office is concerned about the amount of money tied up in the OL.
Share 49ersWebzone