LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

Incredible (pro-49ers) 4/11 Mock Draft from Walterfootball

There are so many good wide receivers available at 2 and 3. Flenner may be a luxury at this stage. If a top guard is there at 30 it will be interesting to see what the Niners do. Quick comes from a small school and depending on what scouting service you go by he ran between a 4.45 and 4.55. Super long reach and played lots of basketball. I have a feeling if a wide-out is selected at 2, Flenner will not go at 1 if he's available. Baalke is impossible to read.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You went a long way to basically say you disagree with me. Made me chuckle in the end. Just like in My Cousin Vinny, I as the Judge would say
"That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection."
You: Thank you, Your Honor.
Me: Overruled. Pick the safety.

isnt that the point of this? Instead of one word answers dont you want people responding and giving their thoughts?
Originally posted by sfout:
You went a long way to basically say you disagree with me. Made me chuckle in the end. Just like in My Cousin Vinny, I as the Judge would say
"That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection."
You: Thank you, Your Honor.
Me: Overruled. Pick the safety.

isnt that the point of this? Instead of one word answers dont you want people responding and giving their thoughts?

It is. I appreciate your analysis and still think the Niners should pick a safety.
Love the first two picks. Don't know about the Hayward pick just because we need a FS more than a CB. I would rather take Markelle Martin out of Oklahoma St. Brewster isn't that good either at C spot. I think Kheeston Randall DT/DE would be a much better pick at that spot.

c/s this post. I don't want Brewster at all.
I love the first two picks. I would probably go in another direction beyond that though.
Love the first two picks. Don't know about the Hayward pick just because we need a FS more than a CB. I would rather take Markelle Martin out of Oklahoma St. Brewster isn't that good either at C spot. I think Kheeston Randall DT/DE would be a much better pick at that spot.

I think Martin would be a great pickup for us at safety.
No problem w/Fleener and Quick...they're just what we need. Instead of Hayward, would rather have Trumaine Johnson or Markelle Martin or Brandon Taylor. After Konz and Blake, there's quite a drop-off in C. Not that big on Brewster. Instead of taking a C and an OG, would hope Baalke has designs on someone who can play both.
Why is there such a lack of respect for what Delaine does for the team? He's a great TE. We dont need to trade up for Fleener. If we get him at 30 then maybe, but he's gonna go in the 15-25 range.

If we were to trade up it better be to get a guy like Decastro or Floyd
another fleener mock....
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
another fleener mock....

Walterfootball will keep Fleener going to us until Baalke says there is no way we draft him lol, even then they would say "baalke is playing poker, he'll still take him".

Checking WF's 1st round on their mock is going to be completely pointless for the next 2 weeks.

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Incredible (pro-49ers) 4/11 Mock Draft from Walterfootball

Here's his 5-round mock:

30. TE Coby Fleener
61. WR Brian Quick
92. CB Casey Hayward
125. C Michael Brewster
165. G Josh LeRibeus

All I can say is 'wow'! The only thing I would have different is perhaps a defensive lineman in the 3rd - but Hayward is a straight up ballhawk! My favorite pick is Brewster, who was one of the top OL recruits in the country and can play anywhere on the line but played C at Ohio State (because of all the other top recruits). He can compete at guard or be groomed to take over for goodwin.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

I like it. I think Brewster can help at G too but id like to get a OLB for depth
Share 49ersWebzone